Lousy Job again Mayor Santos

Guest John Leadbeater

Guest John Leadbeater

Mr. Mayor, Why is it we passed ordinances in the 1990's pertaining to snow emergency street parking yet it is never adhered too? I just received a phone call from the Office of Emergency Management telling me to remove my vehicles from those streets. Why am I receiving a call when I live on Chestnut Street, not a snow emergency street? First of all, that should have been long before 830pm Monday night. Secondly now it is merely impossible to get the streets clear since they will be covered with ice. Thirdly why is it that we are being ordered to move our vehicles by Tuesday afternoon or face being towed and fined? This is just another case of you not doing YOUR job. Those streets are emergency streets for a reason. If you went down Davis Avenue or Elm Streets today it was single lane traffic. God forbid we needed to get emergency personnel down any of those streets today. Is life less precious 2 days after the fact? I think not. That is why they are snow emergency streets. Lastly, may I state route 7 was a disgrace and likely unpassable tomorrow morning.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leadbeater Illogic

Mr. Mayor, Why is it we passed ordinances in the 1990's pertaining to snow emergency street parking yet it is never adhered too? I just received a phone call from the Office of Emergency Management telling me to remove my vehicles from those streets. Why am I receiving a call when I live on Chestnut Street, not a snow emergency street? First of all, that should have been long before 830pm Monday night. Secondly now it is merely impossible to get the streets clear since they will be covered with ice. Thirdly why is it that we are being ordered to move our vehicles by Tuesday afternoon or face being towed and fined? This is just another case of you not doing YOUR job. Those streets are emergency streets for a reason. If you went down Davis Avenue or Elm Streets today it was single lane traffic. God forbid we needed to get emergency personnel down any of those streets today. Is life less precious 2 days after the fact? I think not. That is why they are snow emergency streets. Lastly, may I state route 7 was a disgrace and likely unpassable tomorrow morning.

Dear John,

This was the biggest snow storm since the blizzard of 1996. You remember that one? Leo was Mayor. The town shut down. An outside contractor had to come in and remove the snow. You were on the Council and you were head of the Department of Public Works. The town handled the 2010 blizzard 100 times better than the 1996 one, all with town Department of Public Works employees.

Now, on to your questions,

Why is it we passed ordinances in the 1990's pertaining to snow emergency street parking yet it is never adhered too?

It was adhered to. For confirmation of that, read your next question.

I just received a phone call from the Office of Emergency Management telling me to remove my vehicles from those streets. Why am I receiving a call when I live on Chestnut Street, not a snow emergency street?

Okay, that confirms that the plan for Kearny's emergency routes was implemented. The emergency routes are Kearny Avenue, Belgrove Drive, Midland Avenue, Bergen Avenue, Davis from Midland south, and Elm Street from Midland to the Pike. Elm Street is just two blocks from where you live. Residents on Chestnut Street received a call because most, UNLIKE YOU, don't have a driveway. Sometimes two blocks aways is as good as it gets for parking at night if you're not fortunate to have a driveway or garage.

Secondly now it is merely impossible to get the streets clear since they will be covered with ice.

Wrong. It was very possible and was done. Kearny DPW did a good job clearing the emergency roads. They're now mostly asphalt or covered with slush. It hit 40 today and will hit high 40s rest of the week.

Thirdly why is it that we are being ordered to move our vehicles by Tuesday afternoon or face being towed and fined?

The emergency plan calls for towing. There were over 400 vehicles on the emergency routes on Monday. At $110 per tow (paid to the tow company, not the town), that's a lot of money residents would have to pay the tow companies. By doing it on Tuesday, residents got more time to dig out their vehicles to avoid towing. At the same time, on Monday, all emergency routes in Kearny were passable thanks to the Kearny DPW workers. There was even an emergency on Bergen and emergency vehicles were able to do their jobs.

Lastly, may I state route 7 was a disgrace and likely unpassable tomorrow morning.

No you may not state that. New Jersey Route 7, which is the Belleville Turnpike, was fully passable on Tuesday. I was on it Monday and it needed a lot of work. It's a State of New Jersey highway. Did you call Governor Chris Christie (in Florida) to complain? You know, the guy you supported for Governor? Whitman, Corzine and McGreevey all had the DOT send plows immediately to the Pike, why can't Christie?

Guest night walker

I was just out to get some pick-its and at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 28, 2010, there are still cars on Elm Street and no sign of a plow or even a cop car. Great Job Mr. Major and Town Council. Like where are you people?

I can't imagine voting for any of you sorry bunch of fools.

Guest John Leadbeater

Dear John,

This was the biggest snow storm since the blizzard of 1996. You remember that one? Leo was Mayor. The town shut down. An outside contractor had to come in and remove the snow. You were on the Council and you were head of the Department of Public Works. The town handled the 2010 blizzard 100 times better than the 1996 one, all with town Department of Public Works employees.

Now, on to your questions,

Why is it we passed ordinances in the 1990's pertaining to snow emergency street parking yet it is never adhered too?

It was adhered to. For confirmation of that, read your next question.

I just received a phone call from the Office of Emergency Management telling me to remove my vehicles from those streets. Why am I receiving a call when I live on Chestnut Street, not a snow emergency street?

Okay, that confirms that the plan for Kearny's emergency routes was implemented. The emergency routes are Kearny Avenue, Belgrove Drive, Midland Avenue, Bergen Avenue, Davis from Midland south, and Elm Street from Midland to the Pike. Elm Street is just two blocks from where you live. Residents on Chestnut Street received a call because most, UNLIKE YOU, don't have a driveway. Sometimes two blocks aways is as good as it gets for parking at night if you're not fortunate to have a driveway or garage.

Secondly now it is merely impossible to get the streets clear since they will be covered with ice.

Wrong. It was very possible and was done. Kearny DPW did a good job clearing the emergency roads. They're now mostly asphalt or covered with slush. It hit 40 today and will hit high 40s rest of the week.

Thirdly why is it that we are being ordered to move our vehicles by Tuesday afternoon or face being towed and fined?

The emergency plan calls for towing. There were over 400 vehicles on the emergency routes on Monday. At $110 per tow (paid to the tow company, not the town), that's a lot of money residents would have to pay the tow companies. By doing it on Tuesday, residents got more time to dig out their vehicles to avoid towing. At the same time, on Monday, all emergency routes in Kearny were passable thanks to the Kearny DPW workers. There was even an emergency on Bergen and emergency vehicles were able to do their jobs.

Lastly, may I state route 7 was a disgrace and likely unpassable tomorrow morning.

No you may not state that. New Jersey Route 7, which is the Belleville Turnpike, was fully passable on Tuesday. I was on it Monday and it needed a lot of work. It's a State of New Jersey highway. Did you call Governor Chris Christie (in Florida) to complain? You know, the guy you supported for Governor? Whitman, Corzine and McGreevey all had the DOT send plows immediately to the Pike, why can't Christie?

All of what you said is bullshit. In 1996 we received a 5 plow award from both Channel 5 and 11 because of the excellent job done by our men

The ordinance says when road is snow covered "NO PARKING" yet the phone calls to remove vehicles was 36 hours after the fact

I don't know what street you are referring to as being passible but you are crazy. This morning, Tuesday 48 hours after the fact, you still could not run traffic both ways on major streets

I can go on and on but you will continue to be the mouth piece for this mayor. I guess if I had been given a guaranteed job like you I would defend him too.

Guest jus sayin

Sorry "Illogic" but John's correct.

I lived on Davis Ave. both as a youngster growing up in the 70's and 80's and again in the 90's, including 1996.

The key words on the signs that John speaks of are SNOW COVERED, not finished snowing and impassable.

When I was young people automaticly moved their vehicles as soon as Davis Ave. went white if not before, logic tells us that it's easier to move your car before it's snowed in and you'll have shovel out a spot to put it in if you find one.

It's also a hell of a lot easier to plow the street when the cars are off of it, I can remember seeing three town trucks staggered abrest making a pass down the street plowing the full width in one pass.

I hope the Mayor has the phone numbers of the Private Contractors that Leo used back in "96" because now that people have shoveled out their cars, driveways and sidewalks putting huge piles of snow on the street you'll need heavy equipment to move that snow, remember it's a snowplow on a garbage or dump truck, not a bulldozer.

Again all of this could have been avoided had the cars been removed from the street at the start of the snowfall and the plowing been done curb to curb, it worked years ago.

Don't like the idea of having to move your car on a snow emergency route, MOVE!

That's the way it is, I don't like trying to navigate a 50,000 lb $300,000 fire engine down an snow covered cowpath with traffic refusing to give way because they are worried they'll get stuck.

There's a reason they're called SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES.

And if it's your house I'm coming to your not going to appreciate the delay or the reason.

jus sayin

and it frustrates me when people in Harrison complain that the DWP doesn't do a good job cleaning the streets. I think Harrison is one of the top towns in a 25 mile radius in plowing and cleaning of snow off the streets. I drove on Kearny Ave today and they have cars parked practically in the middle of the street on Kearny Ave between Garfield & Halstead. Unacceptable, especially for a main avenue.

Guest jus sayin back at ya

Sorry "Illogic" but John's correct.

I lived on Davis Ave. both as a youngster growing up in the 70's and 80's and again in the 90's, including 1996.

The key words on the signs that John speaks of are SNOW COVERED, not finished snowing and impassable.

When I was young people automaticly moved their vehicles as soon as Davis Ave. went white if not before, logic tells us that it's easier to move your car before it's snowed in and you'll have shovel out a spot to put it in if you find one.

It's also a hell of a lot easier to plow the street when the cars are off of it, I can remember seeing three town trucks staggered abrest making a pass down the street plowing the full width in one pass.

I hope the Mayor has the phone numbers of the Private Contractors that Leo used back in "96" because now that people have shoveled out their cars, driveways and sidewalks putting huge piles of snow on the street you'll need heavy equipment to move that snow, remember it's a snowplow on a garbage or dump truck, not a bulldozer.

Again all of this could have been avoided had the cars been removed from the street at the start of the snowfall and the plowing been done curb to curb, it worked years ago.

Don't like the idea of having to move your car on a snow emergency route, MOVE!

That's the way it is, I don't like trying to navigate a 50,000 lb $300,000 fire engine down an snow covered cowpath with traffic refusing to give way because they are worried they'll get stuck.

There's a reason they're called SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES.

And if it's your house I'm coming to your not going to appreciate the delay or the reason.

jus sayin

Fact: 24 to 28 inches of snow fell in Hudson County in less than 18 hours.

Fact: Plowing that much snow curb to curb creates mountains on sidewalks.

Fact: Plowing that much snow curb to curb doesn't reduce the amount of snow.

Fact: removal of mountains of snow means hiring outside contractors with trucks at emergency prices

Fact: Kearny had full dpw crews working around the clock

Fact: dpw crews kept all emergency routes passable including old West Hudson Hospital during an emergency on Monday

Fact: its's not the 70's; it's not the 80's; it's not the 90's; it's not even 1996.

Fact: in 1996 the town paid over $200,000 to an outside contractor to remove snow

Fact: in 1996 blizzard, Kearny Avenue was unpassable by vehicles for 2 days until contractor brought in.

Fact: Kearny Avenue was passable the day after the storm on December 27, 2010 thanks to Kearny dpw workers.

Fact: in 2010-11, no town has $200,000 extra to spend

Fact: Kearny did better than most, better than Nutley, North Arlington, Newark, Jersey City, and as good as Harrison.

Opinion: Kearny dpw crews did an OUTSTANDING job in a blizzard.

Opinion: You can't bear that Santos handled the 2010 blizzard better than Leadbeater and Vartan during the 1996 blizzard.

Guest John Leadbeater

Fact: removal of mountains of snow means hiring outside contractors with trucks at emergency prices

Fact: dpw crews kept all emergency routes passable including old West Hudson Hospital during an emergency on Monday

Fact: its's not the 70's; it's not the 80's; it's not the 90's; it's not even 1996.

Fact: in 1996 the town paid over $200,000 to an outside contractor to remove snow

Fact: in 1996 blizzard, Kearny Avenue was unpassable by vehicles for 2 days until contractor brought in.

Fact: Kearny Avenue was passable the day after the storm on December 27, 2010 thanks to Kearny dpw workers.

Fact: Kearny did better than most, better than Nutley, North Arlington, Newark, Jersey City, and as good as Harrison.

Opinion: You can't bear that Santos handled the 2010 blizzard better than Leadbeater and Vartan during the 1996 blizzard.

Lets answer this with FACTS my dear

Plowing curb to curb may throw snow on sidewalks, but once you remove it from your sidewalk you now have clear streets and sidewalks

Removing mountains of snow does not require outside contractors since the snow is now on an individuals property. I believe many homeowners would rather clean the mountains from their sidewalks and not pay for private contractors.This would allow them to now have street parking and driveway parking

In 1996 Kearny had full DPW crews working the snow storm from the begining including myself who worked 36 hours around the clock til Sunday morning. You would know that if you lived here then. For the record no one here is blaming the DPW, I am blaming the Mayor for such a lousy job.

Fact in 1996 Kearny streets were open the same day as the storm. It started on Friday and by Friday night streets were cleared as it came down.

You can talk about a private contractor being paid 200k but I cannot verify that since I was in charge of DPW not finances. Again, I believe because Governor Whitman declared it a state of emergency we were refunded our money by the state....

No town has 200k to waste then we should have let you go instead of giving you a full time job.

Fact not opinion Santos did a shit job on snow removal and I don't care what you think about the job Vartan and I along with the DPW did in 1996 because I still have the tapes from the news reports that told what a GREAT job we did. If you had lived here then you would know better. Are you allowed to use Town of Kearny equipment to post when you are supposedly working? Ha sweetie

Last fact You can't bear the fact that once again your hero is a dud

Guest Snow Job

The streets in Kearny have been plowed--but no where near the way they should be plowed. Take some of the U-Easy (UEZ) gains and buy something the town can use. Take the fancy street lights, the fancy sidewalks, the flower pots, the kids dancing in the park statue and all the other crap and scrap it for some good snow removal equipment. What ever happened to the huge snow blower we had? Oh yes, it rusted and fell apart--how about taking care of the stuff we have and get it ready for the next big or little storm? The streets should have the snow cut to the curb and the snow carted off to the marina or where ever. If all the major streets in this town are a shining example of a good job then you need your eyes examined.

Get Johnny Leadbeater back on the snow removal bulldozer and turn him loose--the streets will be done correctly. Our town council is made up of females who look at the wrong things--wake up and stop spending money on "pretty" stuff and get some good heavy metal equipment for our town. Maybe someone on the council or the mayor should start to drive the heavy equipment and see what it takes to get the job done--it is called testicles.

Guest jus sayin

Not quite sure what your points are here but I'll give'er a stab.

I never disputed or brought into question how much snow we recieved, I watch the weather on TV too.

Nor did I question the job done by the DPW, they did an excellent job considering the circumstances.

Plowing snow reducing snow? Nope pretty sure I didn't mention that and don't know why you did.

Though I guess we could say it "relocates it" though now couldn't we?

The year? now then what is the difference between 1970 snow and snowstorms and 2010? Again what was the point? If anything we could say we have better equipment and logistics for handling large storms now.

Now as far as moving the cars are you saying it is better to wait til the storm is over and they are snowed in can't be moved to then ask for them to be moved by their owners and relocate to a street that is equally snowed in?

Sidewalks being covered? Well at one time I used to do snow plowing and to be kind I have to say that is a bit of an exaggeration on your part but lets say you are correct, which is more desirable a plowed in sidewalk that will have to be shoveled or an impassable snow emergency route?

Maybe the homeowners will be a little annoyed but you won't have to hire outside contractors to shovel the sidewalks now will you, and that's only if your theory is correct....and it's not.

Now as far as the Hospital emergency I have a little insight on that one I was there right from the start and the patients had to wait for several HOURS while the DPW came in with Loaders to clear the snow so that the buses could get in for the relocation.

Had the fire escalated things would have been very different, maybe even tragic.

Now as to your last statement,

The term "couldn't bear" is incorrect and a more apt wording would be "couldn't care".

You see I'm not a fan of Leo Vartan, John Leadbeater or Santos I was mearly pointing out that John Leadbeater in my opinion was correct or at least more so than the previous poster.

I couldn't care less who is in charge or who gets the credit, for me it's more a matter of common sense and working intelligently, that's all.

It's not personal, at least not for me.

I also don't care about the other Towns you mentioned or how they did, just Kearny, that's where I live and work, who gives a rats butt about those other Towns?

Again not me.

Jus sayin

Guest Just saying back at ya

Not quite sure what your points are here but I'll give'er a stab.

I never disputed or brought into question how much snow we recieved, I watch the weather on TV too.

Nor did I question the job done by the DPW, they did an excellent job considering the circumstances.

Plowing snow reducing snow? Nope pretty sure I didn't mention that and don't know why you did.

Though I guess we could say it "relocates it" though now couldn't we?

The year? now then what is the difference between 1970 snow and snowstorms and 2010? Again what was the point? If anything we could say we have better equipment and logistics for handling large storms now.

Now as far as moving the cars are you saying it is better to wait til the storm is over and they are snowed in can't be moved to then ask for them to be moved by their owners and relocate to a street that is equally snowed in?

Sidewalks being covered? Well at one time I used to do snow plowing and to be kind I have to say that is a bit of an exaggeration on your part but lets say you are correct, which is more desirable a plowed in sidewalk that will have to be shoveled or an impassable snow emergency route?

Maybe the homeowners will be a little annoyed but you won't have to hire outside contractors to shovel the sidewalks now will you, and that's only if your theory is correct....and it's not.

Now as far as the Hospital emergency I have a little insight on that one I was there right from the start and the patients had to wait for several HOURS while the DPW came in with Loaders to clear the snow so that the buses could get in for the relocation.

Had the fire escalated things would have been very different, maybe even tragic.

Now as to your last statement,

The term "couldn't bear" is incorrect and a more apt wording would be "couldn't care".

You see I'm not a fan of Leo Vartan, John Leadbeater or Santos I was mearly pointing out that John Leadbeater in my opinion was correct or at least more so than the previous poster.

I couldn't care less who is in charge or who gets the credit, for me it's more a matter of common sense and working intelligently, that's all.

It's not personal, at least not for me.

I also don't care about the other Towns you mentioned or how they did, just Kearny, that's where I live and work, who gives a rats butt about those other Towns?

Again not me.

Jus sayin.

Are you serious?? Plowing 2 feet of snow from a street onto sidewalks would create mountains (should I say cliffs?) of upwards of 6 feet (do the calculation, 2 feet of snow on a 50 foot wide stretch). No one could pass on sidewalks; you'd have to slalom to your front door.

All emergency roads were passable to all ambulances and fire trucks. That's a fact.

Guest John Leadbeater

[All emergency roads were passable to all ambulances and fire trucks. That's a fact.

Yeah, 5 days after the fact. Thank God we didn't have a major fire or life saving situations.

By the way Happy New Year to ALL of Kearnys' residents, regardless of political views

Are you serious?? Plowing 2 feet of snow from a street onto sidewalks would create mountains (should I say cliffs?) of upwards of 6 feet (do the calculation, 2 feet of snow on a 50 foot wide stretch). No one could pass on sidewalks; you'd have to slalom to your front door.

All emergency roads were passable to all ambulances and fire trucks. That's a fact.

"Passable" but barely...

Guest fed up

It seems like everyone agrees. The snow removal was a disgrace for the taxes we pay. The mayor is probably the worse we have had. If I was the mayor I would not run again and leave with my tail between my legs. Everyone feels he should resign or not run again. He attracted all these low lifes to move to Kearny and none of them have any common sence on how to drive or park with consideration. Low lifes all of them. Liberty St. Has the emergency squad there and the block wasen't plowed for two days. The town should be going around town with a big truck and a bucket loader and removing the big piles that are taking the parking spots we don't have already.

This town S**ks.....

Guest jus saying back at ya

[All emergency roads were passable to all ambulances and fire trucks. That's a fact.

Yeah, 5 days after the fact. Thank God we didn't have a major fire or life saving situations.

By the way Happy New Year to ALL of Kearnys' residents, regardless of political views

On Monday, the very day the storm ended, there was a fire at the old West Hudson Hospital. Fire department responded quickly. 60 residents were then transported to the Belgrove Drive facility by ambulances and buses. On Monday.

Give it a rest, John, you're only embarassing yourself.

On Monday, the very day the storm ended, there was a fire at the old West Hudson Hospital. Fire department responded quickly. 60 residents were then transported to the Belgrove Drive facility by ambulances and buses. On Monday.

Give it a rest, John, you're only embarassing yourself.

The storm was Sunday into Monday... snow was done falling by morning... There was no fire in Kearny on Monday, the very day the storm ended.

There was a fire the next day, Tuesday at approx 3AM on Bergen Ave at the old West Hudson Hospital. Let us remember Bergen Ave is apparently an emergency road. And apparently there were still issues (one stuck bus) and waiting on DPW to help clear other area's so buses could make their way through a whole approx 22 hours after the snow stopped falling. This on an Emergency road which is supposed to be a priority.

So get your facts and dates straight before you continue to embarrass yourself.

Also note that I believe it's more the Administration's fault for not having the cars removed during or immediately before the storms arrival then the workers themselves. This should be a lesson learned!

Lets answer this with FACTS my dear

Plowing curb to curb may throw snow on sidewalks, but once you remove it from your sidewalk you now have clear streets and sidewalks

Removing mountains of snow does not require outside contractors since the snow is now on an individuals property. I believe many homeowners would rather clean the mountains from their sidewalks and not pay for private contractors.This would allow them to now have street parking and driveway parking

In 1996 Kearny had full DPW crews working the snow storm from the begining including myself who worked 36 hours around the clock til Sunday morning. You would know that if you lived here then. For the record no one here is blaming the DPW, I am blaming the Mayor for such a lousy job.

Fact in 1996 Kearny streets were open the same day as the storm. It started on Friday and by Friday night streets were cleared as it came down.

You can talk about a private contractor being paid 200k but I cannot verify that since I was in charge of DPW not finances. Again, I believe because Governor Whitman declared it a state of emergency we were refunded our money by the state....

No town has 200k to waste then we should have let you go instead of giving you a full time job.

Fact not opinion Santos did a shit job on snow removal and I don't care what you think about the job Vartan and I along with the DPW did in 1996 because I still have the tapes from the news reports that told what a GREAT job we did. If you had lived here then you would know better. Are you allowed to use Town of Kearny equipment to post when you are supposedly working? Ha sweetie

Last fact You can't bear the fact that once again your hero is a dud

Wasn't the '96 blizzard the one that you were out driving the plow and hitting parked cars?

Guest Cart it away!!

FACT:The streets look like crap

QUESTION: Will the mountains be removed before all the franklin

school parents try to drive their kids to school Monday.

I thought the exact thought! I am a kearny resident for 74 years, my wife works in Lyndhurst. From the first day the snow fell to as much as 4 days after the storm Lyndhurst was all over the snow removal process. The roads were perfect. They used their own equipment.... front end loaders, bob cats, dump trucks, etc..and brought in CALI CARTING, GAROFOLA and BEDROCK... (2) contractors right from KEARNY to do the job right.... and removed the snow from intersections, fronts of public buildings and MOST importantly EVERY school had every bit of snow removed from the front of schools, from street to door.... not a bit of snow remained. That is the right way to do it.....do not compromise safety to students (kids) or the public!

Guest John Leadbeater

Wasn't the '96 blizzard the one that you were out driving the plow and hitting parked cars?

This shows what an ASS you are. I plowed for 36 straight hours and scratched a parked car on Riverside Court. The total damages were $27.00. I called the Kearny Police Department so that no one else got blamed for it. One car was scratched but that is all you will say right. You are an ass for making it sound like I hit multiple vehicles

Guest ElmStreetMan

The storm was Sunday into Monday... snow was done falling by morning... There was no fire in Kearny on Monday, the very day the storm ended.

There was a fire the next day, Tuesday at approx 3AM on Bergen Ave at the old West Hudson Hospital. Let us remember Bergen Ave is apparently an emergency road. And apparently there were still issues (one stuck bus) and waiting on DPW to help clear other area's so buses could make their way through a whole approx 22 hours after the snow stopped falling. This on an Emergency road which is supposed to be a priority.

So get your facts and dates straight before you continue to embarrass yourself.

Also note that I believe it's more the Administration's fault for not having the cars removed during or immediately before the storms arrival then the workers themselves. This should be a lesson learned!

Jus Saying Back at Ya was correct except for the exact time of the fire.

Fact: The national weather service for the NYC metropolitan area records it as a 24 hour storm that began late morning on Sunday December 26.

Fact: Yes, the Fire call was at Tuesday at 3 a.m. That's 16 hours after the storm ended. 60 residents were promptly transported to other locations.

Fact: residents were transported from the Elm Street side of the building.

Fact: that portion of Elm Street is NOT an emergency road.

Fact: Kearny Fire, DPW, Police and Ambulance squad got all the residents transported.

Fact: Television crews were there but left after they saw that no one was in danger and residents were getting transported despite 2 feet of snow.

So Doc, stop spinning the story for John. You're embarassing yourself.

Why are you trying to take credit for ordinances that you passed in the 90's. I've lived in town 60 years and those streets have always been snow emergency streets?

I thought the exact thought! I am a kearny resident for 74 years, my wife works in Lyndhurst. From the first day the snow fell to as much as 4 days after the storm Lyndhurst was all over the snow removal process. The roads were perfect. They used their own equipment.... front end loaders, bob cats, dump trucks, etc..and brought in CALI CARTING, GAROFOLA and BEDROCK... (2) contractors right from KEARNY to do the job right.... and removed the snow from intersections, fronts of public buildings and MOST importantly EVERY school had every bit of snow removed from the front of schools, from street to door.... not a bit of snow remained. That is the right way to do it.....do not compromise safety to students (kids) or the public!

Unfortunately, we LOST the ability to use some of that equipment, as Your Mayor has spent the last few years Harassing *******/****** in an attempt yo get them to move out of town (because of course it makes LOADS of sense to drive a successful business OUT) with daily calls to EPA and every other agency possible to try and get them jammed up. Unfortunately for him, ******* has stayed Completely withing th guidelines set, and the original agreements with the town. Frankly i'm going to laugh my butt off when they've had enough and sue Santos and the town for that harassment, with the willing cooperation of EPA who are tried of getting the daily calls from what I Understand. Sad thing is that ******* probably WOULD have supplied whatever equipment and operators necessary had the town asked..but that would mean certain politicians swallowing their pride...and we KNOW that wont ever happen.

Edited by KOTW
Edited for content.

This shows what an ASS you are. I plowed for 36 straight hours and scratched a parked car on Riverside Court. The total damages were $27.00. I called the Kearny Police Department so that no one else got blamed for it. One car was scratched but that is all you will say right. You are an ass for making it sound like I hit multiple vehicles

Really jackass? What kind of imbecile plows for 36 hours straight? Why would you put the community at risk by doing that? It shows your lack of leadership skills and your pompous nature. If Kearny citizens ever elect you mayor they really get what they deserve.

Let me know what body shop gave you the $27.00 estimate. Never heard of a place even touching a car for less then a grand.