Does anyone plan to plow the streets?

Guest dgas

Where are all of the town workers that clean the streets? it is a disgrace that it is 7PM and my street has not been done yet. Great Job Mayor Santos. Keep pissing off more town workers and by the way why don't you raise our taxes again? I would ask you to come plow the streets of Kearny yourself but you probably can't get here from your house.

Guest DISGUSTED TAXPAYER

Where are all of the town workers that clean the streets? it is a disgrace that it is 7PM and my street has not been done yet. Great Job Mayor Santos. Keep pissing off more town workers and by the way why don't you raise our taxes again? I would ask you to come plow the streets of Kearny yourself but you probably can't get here from your house.

KOTW Note: Empty post.

Edited by KOTW
Empty Post

Guest senior citizen

This has been one of the worst snow storms in years. My Nephew is in brick and the plows are just getting to his street, Sister in Bayville still plowed in. New York, Newark, and many other towns still a mess. But yesterday the Senior bus made it to evacuate the seniors from West Hudson to Belgrove Drive. I then saw it at least 15 to 20 Seniors at shoprite with the bus so stop whining. For the old equipment,the break downs, and small work force I think they did a great job. There is only so much you can do with old equipment and minimal workforce. I saw one of the driver pass my house at midnight then saw him shoveling the next morning. So get a life Awsome jos=b DPW

This has been one of the worst snow storms in years. My Nephew is in brick and the plows are just getting to his street, Sister in Bayville still plowed in. New York, Newark, and many other towns still a mess. But yesterday the Senior bus made it to evacuate the seniors from West Hudson to Belgrove Drive. I then saw it at least 15 to 20 Seniors at shoprite with the bus so stop whining. For the old equipment,the break downs, and small work force I think they did a great job. There is only so much you can do with old equipment and minimal workforce. I saw one of the driver pass my house at midnight then saw him shoveling the next morning. So get a life Awsome jos=b DPW

I guess you didn't see the second senior bus stuck in the snow for the very same evacuation?

But this storm no city/town did a real good job with. Towns just weren't prepared enough.

Exactly you moron. Small workforce due to layoffs and old equipment spells disaster. If you think that they did a good job maybe you need to get out and look around. The job they did was awful

Guest Studies and Observations

All I know is that Pre-Santos. the SECOND the snow stopped, or the weather service said the end of the storm was close, the PD would be out making announcements for everyone to move their vehicles OFF of the Snow Emergency Streets (Kearny Ave, Belgrove, Davis, Midland, Elm {Pike to Midland}, and the Town would have machines and trucks REMOVING the snow Curb to curb, dumping it down at the Marina, Harvey Field, and anyplace else flat. NOW, we have a Mayor who rrturned the tow fees the last time it was attempted, and now waits an entire day before starting ANY removal, and when they did, they didnt even do curb to curb on Kearny Ave. It's SAD when harrison looks farther ahead than we do. After the 96 Blizzard which people here were beating Leadbeater up over (and rightly so, they made a lot of mistakes..not the least of which was John himself hitting parked cars with a plow..and NO CDL) Harrison went out and bought a snow melter.they offered to combine on the purchase with kearny, which we refused.. as always..Zero Foresight.

Guest Fact Checker

Exactly you moron. Small workforce due to layoffs and old equipment spells disaster. If you think that they did a good job maybe you need to get out and look around. The job they did was awful

Wrong. Look around you in Nutley, North Arlington, Newark, Jersey City, Monmouth County, New York City. The job Kearny DPW workers did in Kearny was OUTSTANDING compared to what's going on around us.

It was 2 feet of snow in less than 18 hours. Kudos to Kearny DPW for getting Kearny Avenue passable on Monday.

I was driving on Kearny Ave and noticed that Johnston Avenue, where Mayor Santos supposedly lives was blocked off as they were removing snow and loading it onto dump trucks. Why are they removing snow from Johnston Ave, when Kearny Ave and other main avenues are still not very passable when cars are parked.

Guest Hallelujah!

I was driving on Kearny Ave and noticed that Johnston Avenue, where Mayor Santos supposedly lives was blocked off as they were removing snow and loading it onto dump trucks. Why are they removing snow from Johnston Ave, when Kearny Ave and other main avenues are still not very passable when cars are parked.

Finally, the naysayers admit he lives in Kearny! That Mayor Santos sure is clever!

Guest senior citizen

I guess you didn't see the second senior bus stuck in the snow for the very same evacuation?

But this storm no city/town did a real good job with. Towns just weren't prepared enough.

The second bus stuck in the snow was Harrison NOT KEARNY if your gonna B**ch get er right moron

Guest Poor Lynn

Finally, the naysayers admit he lives in Kearny! That Mayor Santos sure is clever!

If the Mayor lives in Kearny, his commercial on cable dealing with holiday shopping in Kearny is a joke. He mentions that we have a car dealership and there is a photo of Lynn Chevrolet--I think Lynn went out of business at least four months ago or more. I think the Mayor should research is commercials before he reads the teleprompter--it really makes him look like what he is a "non-resident" of Kearny. Like ride on Kearny Avenue and take a good look at the vacant showroom, garage, and car lot--another business that kissed the breeze goodbye.

If I had a business on Kearny Avenue or on any street in this town, I would be really pissed that my customers can't find parking on a day without snow, but now with the white stuff, parking is a real adventure. That has to be the biggest reason for businesses leaving this town and heading for the shore or just packing it in.

Harrison went out and bought a snow melter.they offered to combine on the purchase with kearny, which we refused.. as always..Zero Foresight.

Good thing considering Harrison hasn't been allowed to use that in years because of the DEP. Yes it's stupid that they can't use it but thats the way it is. So nice that they didn't go in on the purchase as it would have been a waste of money.

The second bus stuck in the snow was Harrison NOT KEARNY if your gonna B**ch get er right moron

I know it was. I didn't say it was a Kearny Bus, I just said a "second bus". What does it matter what towns name is on the bus? The fact is a bus that was helping with the evactuation got stuck in the snow, when you said they didn't. It was one of the buses that were assisting in evacuation of the seniors. If Harrison had a smiliar situation I am confident Kearny would send a bus as well. The towns departments have very good relationships espeically durning emergencies.

Personally I don't think the DPW department did a bad job, I think it could have been managed better like police announcments having people remove cars durning the storm so emergency roads would be more clear durning the storm. I promise you they weren't. But the workers themselves did all they could with what they had durning a horrible storm.

In this day and age with the media being what it is, I find it hard to believe that a storm like this creeps up on anyone.

In this day and age with the media being what it is, I find it hard to believe that a storm like this creeps up on anyone.

It didn't. But just like that college kid who knew that major term paper was due over a month ago and he did it the night before, just because people know something is going to happen doesn't necessarily mean they are going to prepare for it.

I don't believe our town and others in the area prepared enough for it. They should have had no parking after 12:00 noon signs on all the emergency roads on Sunday.

Guest Hallelujah!

If the Mayor lives in Kearny, his commercial on cable dealing with holiday shopping in Kearny is a joke. He mentions that we have a car dealership and there is a photo of Lynn Chevrolet--I think Lynn went out of business at least four months ago or more. I think the Mayor should research is commercials before he reads the teleprompter--it really makes him look like what he is a "non-resident" of Kearny. Like ride on Kearny Avenue and take a good look at the vacant showroom, garage, and car lot--another business that kissed the breeze goodbye.

If I had a business on Kearny Avenue or on any street in this town, I would be really pissed that my customers can't find parking on a day without snow, but now with the white stuff, parking is a real adventure. That has to be the biggest reason for businesses leaving this town and heading for the shore or just packing it in.

Dude, what were you drinking when you were watching T.V.?? The commerical was with the Irish shop and Argyle restaurant owners and all they say is basically Happy Holidays.

Maybe you were watching the Bayonne UEZ commercial? Or maybe you had a flashback to the 2009 commercial?

HorseShyte I live a few houses down from where the "Mayor" supposedly lives and your a LIER, the Kearny DPW did NO snow removal on Johnston ave. If any here want to see the area it's between Devon st and Kearny Ave, it's in this area that the mayor supposedly lives, the original poster to this is a Blatant Lier

I was the driver of the Senior bus that didn't get stuck for the evacuation and I had no problems moving those Seniors I think the DPW guys did a great job clearing the roads for me to get threw

Guest Poor Lynn

Dude, what were you drinking when you were watching T.V.?? The commerical was with the Irish shop and Argyle restaurant owners and all they say is basically Happy Holidays.

Maybe you were watching the Bayonne UEZ commercial? Or maybe you had a flashback to the 2009 commercial?

No, actually I was watching our great Comcast cable here in good old Kearny during the 2010 Christmas Season. I don't drink but I would bet that you do. The commercial was as I stated, it included our local car dealership --Lynn Chevrolet--announced by our "in tune" mayor. It was shown numerous times on various cable stations. You must have missed that part as you were downing whatever you were drinking or maybe you were lighting up your favorite smoke. Observant you are NOT.

Oh, Happy Holiday is a poor "catch all" for people without an Christian background--really, isn't Jesus the Reason for the Season? Political correctness is really for people without guts. Just say it "Merry Christmas"--there doesn't that make you feel good as you lift that cold libation (def. =drink)?

I was the driver of the Senior bus that didn't get stuck for the evacuation and I had no problems moving those Seniors I think the DPW guys did a great job clearing the roads for me to get threw

Ok, why did the other bus get stuck? Can someone please explain that then? Fios1 News reported the reason the bus got stuck was because of snowy streets then showed a video of it.

Ok, why did the other bus get stuck? Can someone please explain that then? Fios1 News reported the reason the bus got stuck was because of snowy streets then showed a video of it.

The town did a much better job this time around. They were salting before the storm hit and stayed on top of it. Granted the storm was smaller in size but was still a storm that could have caught towns struggling to catch up. Good job this time around, I found emergency roads rather passable durning the storm.