Blizzard!

Guest Guest

Terrible job by the town during this snow storm!!! Why was the Mayor and Bus Adm. unavailable until almost lunch time? Who approves overtime and extra personnel when the two people in charge are unreachable. Nice job NOT!!!

Highland ave wasnt plowed once. Talk about total incompetence! Seriously where do our tax dollars go? The average home owner in Kearny pays $10,000 a year! This is an outrage! I wonder if the rich manor section of Kearny is plowed, hmmmmm

I agree...What is our tax money going towards??? How am i supposed to get to work in the morning so that I can make the money to pay for these ridiculously high unplowed street taxes???

How come cars were not removed like always kearny ave is mess I remember when the Ave would have been cleaned curb to curb no cars were removed from Midland Ave either. Also Why is when you spend all morning digging your car out does a neighbor come and rebury your car then collect garbage cans and block the spot? yes I know the street is a public place but please have some consideration.

Highland ave wasnt plowed once. Talk about total incompetence! Seriously where do our tax dollars go? The average home owner in Kearny pays $10,000 a year! This is an outrage! I wonder if the rich manor section of Kearny is plowed, hmmmmm

not plowed so stop wondering

Guest Manor My A$$

Give up already on the comparison with the Manor! I have lived in Kearny for 45 years, 25 years on the South end of Town and the last 25 in the Manor. It is a complete myth that the Manor gets anything more than anywhere else in Town, FACT! If anything the Manor gets less because the mentality that you exhibit causes the illusion and actually hurts the Manor section in getting services because of the false sense of reality. Maybe the Manor should get more since people like yourself really believe it does happen anyway, fact is we pay 2, 3, 4 times more in Tax Dollars than other areas in Town so maybe we are really the ones getting short changed!

Guest I've got the Conch

Give up already on the comparison with the Manor! I have lived in Kearny for 45 years, 25 years on the South end of Town and the last 25 in the Manor. It is a complete myth that the Manor gets anything more than anywhere else in Town, FACT! If anything the Manor gets less because the mentality that you exhibit causes the illusion and actually hurts the Manor section in getting services because of the false sense of reality. Maybe the Manor should get more since people like yourself really believe it does happen anyway, fact is we pay 2, 3, 4 times more in Tax Dollars than other areas in Town so maybe we are really the ones getting short changed!

Being you can't add (25 + 25 doesn't = 45) how can we believe that bthe Manor section pays 2,3,4 times in tax $ Blah Blah Blah nuttin but complainers stop complaining about your taxes & cry when services are cut

The rich manor section? your kidding. Pleasant place was'nt plowed until late monday. Chestnut between woodland and Johnston was'nt plowed until 3am tuesday morning, the fire department shoveled out hydrants only to have the town plow them back in.

Guest puttin up with the traffic

Bennett Ave should always be one of the first to be plowed. Its the only entrance (besides the Pike) to all those homes on the right and left sides of it. Fire and first aid trucks need it clear. People don't notice all the south to north streets are not clear. Oh yea, everybody that cuts up and down Bennett to avoid the Pike sure don't mind it cleared, and I'm sure you are one of them, ( how else would you know its plowed) so, SHUT UP!!!

Guest Spell Check

Being you can't add (25 + 25 doesn't = 45) how can we believe that bthe Manor section pays 2,3,4 times in tax $ Blah Blah Blah nuttin but complainers stop complaining about your taxes & cry when services are cut

You're the pot calling the kettle black! Maybe I can't add, but you can't spell (bthe = the) Now maybe you're one of the retards in the DPW that think you're different than any other union in Town and doesn't have to give back. I think the Mayor and Mr. Martello should sharpen the ax and just start swinging because there is just too much dead wood in this Town and if you think doing a $hit job with snow removal is going to send a message to get the contract done..... it did..... time for people to go. Get real hard working people to do jobs in Town, not political appointments, friends, relatives, etc who just hide out and ride the gravy train. Accountability not entitlement!!!

You're the pot calling the kettle black! Maybe I can't add, but you can't spell (bthe = the) Now maybe you're one of the retards in the DPW that think you're different than any other union in Town and doesn't have to give back. I think the Mayor and Mr. Martello should sharpen the ax and just start swinging because there is just too much dead wood in this Town and if you think doing a $hit job with snow removal is going to send a message to get the contract done..... it did..... time for people to go. Get real hard working people to do jobs in Town, not political appointments, friends, relatives, etc who just hide out and ride the gravy train. Accountability not entitlement!!!

Retards in the DPW? Nah. I think most of the retards were shipped out to East Orange years back with the water. We did fine during this storm, no statements were made about contracts, people showed up for their shifts, and busted their butts. We did as well as can be expected in a storm of this magnitude. You're probably one of them manor biatches that cry when their driveways get plowed in. Shut up. And for the people complaining about Highland Ave., maybe if you idiots didn't pile the snow 10 feet high in the streets, we could have gotten down them them quicker. Stop throwing the snow in the street, you'll make everyones life so much easier. Lastly, there was a state of emergency declared in this state, which means you should only be on the roads if there is an emergency situation. Yet there were hundreds of vehicles on Kearny streets Sunday night. Our plows were stopped for hours, stuck behind vehicles that had no business being on the road. It's hard to keep streets open when your stuck behind a vehicle that has no business being on the street. all in all, a fine job by the DPW...as usual.

Retards in the DPW? Nah. I think most of the retards were shipped out to East Orange years back with the water. We did fine during this storm, no statements were made about contracts, people showed up for their shifts, and busted their butts. We did as well as can be expected in a storm of this magnitude. You're probably one of them manor biatches that cry when their driveways get plowed in. Shut up. And for the people complaining about Highland Ave., maybe if you idiots didn't pile the snow 10 feet high in the streets, we could have gotten down them them quicker. Stop throwing the snow in the street, you'll make everyones life so much easier. Lastly, there was a state of emergency declared in this state, which means you should only be on the roads if there is an emergency situation. Yet there were hundreds of vehicles on Kearny streets Sunday night. Our plows were stopped for hours, stuck behind vehicles that had no business being on the road. It's hard to keep streets open when your stuck behind a vehicle that has no business being on the street. all in all, a fine job by the DPW...as usual.

Obviously you must work for the DPW. The job done was awful to say the least

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obviously you must work for the DPW. The job done was awful to say the least

Yes I do...so tell me, what would you have done differently with 24 inches of snow and hundreds of idiots who left their cars stranded on town streets? Easy to complain, tell us how you would have handled it differently.

Yes I do...so tell me, what would you have done differently with 24 inches of snow and hundreds of idiots who left their cars stranded on town streets? Easy to complain, tell us how you would have handled it differently.

It wasn't the owners fault for leaving the cars, the town refused to enforce it until the next day. The town should have made the phone calls and police announcements before or at the beginning of the storm. They should have then towed any left.

I don't believe the DPW workers themselves were at fault more the administration.

Fire all you lazy slackers and privatize.

Guest The Situation

Yea and you also probably make 2, 3, 4 times more money a year!

Fire all you lazy slackers and privatize.

Wow, that's a great suggestion! We should make you DPW Superintendent, or better yet, run for council. Your response is typical of a lot of the uneducated people like yourself who do nothing on this board except cry and complain, but can't seem to come up with better solutions. Privatize? LMAO, your taxes would go through the roof. Come back when you can make a constructive comment or suggestion, other then that, get your shovel, cause I'm going to plow in your driveway again midweek when we get another big one.

Wow, that's a great suggestion! We should make you DPW Superintendent, or better yet, run for council. Your response is typical of a lot of the uneducated people like yourself who do nothing on this board except cry and complain, but can't seem to come up with better solutions. Privatize? LMAO, your taxes would go through the roof. Come back when you can make a constructive comment or suggestion, other then that, get your shovel, cause I'm going to plow in your driveway again midweek when we get another big one.

Since you work for the DPW maybe you can fill some of us in on whats true and whats no true.

Did the town really get rid of the trucks that would allow you to transport snow to like Gunnel Oval or some other suitable location?

Why doesn't the town allow a few guys to just drive around while most people are at working and push the snow on blocks into a few parking spots?