Sell out

Guest guest

The firemen are all brothers tight as glue, kumbaya. Then why would the older brothers sell out 17 younger brothers with such disregard to get a bigger piece of the pie for themselves? Thats not the love I've ever seen between brothers. In the end, its all about ME. You sold out some of the very guys who might someday save be in a position to save your life. With brothers like that, I think I would rather just work with friends and not feel the sting of the always I am better than you welfare club mantra. I love you brother, but I sold you out for a few extra bucks. Man up big boy.

The firemen are all brothers tight as glue, kumbaya. Then why would the older brothers sell out 17 younger brothers with such disregard to get a bigger piece of the pie for themselves? Thats not the love I've ever seen between brothers. In the end, its all about ME. You sold out some of the very guys who might someday save be in a position to save your life. With brothers like that, I think I would rather just work with friends and not feel the sting of the always I am better than you welfare club mantra. I love you brother, but I sold you out for a few extra bucks. Man up big boy.

I'v seen selling out done before but this one takes the cake. Shame shame shame!!

They sold out those young guys faster than Wal-Mart sold out flatscreens on "BLACK FRIDAY".I guess the "OLDTIMERS" must have been watching Clint Eastwood's For A Few Dollars More on the T.V.between eating and sleeping at the fire house before the contact negotiations.

Guest jus sayin

Interesting,

Your "brothers" sold you out yet there has been no deal finalized nor offerd for vote.

"They" are not giving up enough....for you, yet it's all about them.

They're betraying someone who may very well save their own life in the future.

Yup.... I've seen and heard your kind before, but never in a burning building. Ten years from now if your still on the job you'll be bitching about why should you give anything up to save someone elses job.

Your options are out there, come to a meeting say your peace, vote no on whatever deal emerges from the ONGOING negotations if they are not to your satisfaction, as is your right.

Then see what kind of deal they're giving you at unemloyment.

jus sayin

Interesting,

Your "brothers" sold you out yet there has been no deal finalized nor offerd for vote.

"They" are not giving up enough....for you, yet it's all about them.

They're betraying someone who may very well save their own life in the future.

Yup.... I've seen and heard your kind before, but never in a burning building. Ten years from now if your still on the job you'll be bitching about why should you give anything up to save someone elses job.

Your options are out there, come to a meeting say your peace, vote no on whatever deal emerges from the ONGOING negotations if they are not to your satisfaction, as is your right.

Then see what kind of deal they're giving you at unemloyment.

jus sayin

The villans in this chapter are NOT the firefighters. The second local 218 got involved with the "Save the Kearny FF layoffs" the only goal to achieve was to line the pockets of the officers. The sappy tale told on Q103.3 and media swarm to follow was to much for Mayor "Santa" to bear. Caving under the media pressure AND, knowing the officers of 218 are in arbitration. Mayor "Santa" gift wraped rasies that under Gov Christies 2% cap would have never been possible. The way these honorable veterans have been used as pawns for financial gain is appalling. To keep their jobs they have to incur a pay freeze while the officers get a 30K retro and a 20K pay raise?? What has happened to decency and integrety? The greed and selfishness on display here has only been equalled on Wall St. It's funny that with a world of information at your fingertips, the hard working taxpayers of Kearny haven't demanded justice!!!