Retro

Guest guest

Lets see something. At the average Kearny firemans salary of say $100,000 per year, the retroactive pay of 2% (which they say and I don't believe -too low) for five years equals a check/bonus of $10,0000 each for the holidays. But wait, let me be fair. They are giving back $750 per year to the town which makes the check only $9,250.00 each. Now everyone in Kearny who is getting a $9,250.00 bonus from work raise their hands. Please, not all at once because it will look like the wave in the stands at a football game. The $750 giveback for the year = $2.05/day. How are these indigent brave souls gonna afford that? I still cannot come up with how the title "Kearny Fireman Save the Town $1.1 million dollars a Year" is possible or accurate. Maybe my math is wrong. Check it out for me please. Thank you my fellow "little sheep." Good night.

Lets see something. At the average Kearny firemans salary of say $100,000 per year, the retroactive pay of 2% (which they say and I don't believe -too low) for five years equals a check/bonus of $10,0000 each for the holidays. But wait, let me be fair. They are giving back $750 per year to the town which makes the check only $9,250.00 each. Now everyone in Kearny who is getting a $9,250.00 bonus from work raise their hands. Please, not all at once because it will look like the wave in the stands at a football game. The $750 giveback for the year = $2.05/day. How are these indigent brave souls gonna afford that? I still cannot come up with how the title "Kearny Fireman Save the Town $1.1 million dollars a Year" is possible or accurate. Maybe my math is wrong. Check it out for me please. Thank you my fellow "little sheep." Good night.

I was suprised at the numbers as well. But just cause you can't figure it out from the little information you have doesn't meant it's not true. I'm sure the Mayor and Council have it figured out, otherwise they would not have done a deal.

To the original poster: You must have FAILED the math section of the FF entry test.....No wonder you never got hired, you forgot to compound those numbers!!!!!(which are wrong by the way)

Guest 2smart4u

Good night,Guest. Sleep soundly knowing Kearny's Bravest are on duty, ready to put their own lives in danger to save Kearny residents (and dirt bags like you) from fire and other dangers.

If the town of Kearny was "putting aside" money for the anticipated whopper sized retroactive checks the firemen are getting, something like $10,000.00 each or more, then why didn't the town have the money to pay into the pension system and be current on that? They would have also predicted that the raises would have been higher so where is the extra money the town has? I know its not going to the "little sheep"!! I know the 38,0000 people (that was a good try, using the big number of people the KFD has to protect against the wolves and monsters under the bed) that are sub-par to the super human strength, bravery, and intelligence of a G.E.D. equipped fireman makes the people kind of, you know, not the type of people a fireman's family would have over to the house. The firemen should actually stand outside the frat house, if they are allowed to go out in the cold, and laugh at the "little sheep" and show them their $10 thousand dollar bonus checks to make the displaced workers due to the economy feel even worse that they can't buy their little children gifts. That would be so super humanly cool of them. The firemen could also have a toy drive where they collect toys FROM THE PEOPLE, wrap them, and then give them back out to the people while they, the firemen, actually spent nothing on them but the throw a bogus party and have every newspaper in NJ to take pictures saying that the firemen paid for and gave out toys. Something must happen to your brain that makes you an instant asshole when you are sworn in as a fireman. I have seen it over and over again.

THATS THE GIVEBACK? $2 bucks a day!! Oh my God, I can't believe they actually put that into the negotiations. I wonder how that came up? Did the Mayor say, "Everythings cool with the contract, raises, retroactive pay of $10,000.00, but I want $2 bucks a day or else!" AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that is really funny. $2 a day, what the heck is that gonna do for the town budget? Is that how they got to the $1.1 million savings? What a disgrace and pitifull act by the town and the frat house gang. Is the town gonna hire a $100,000.00/year relative to go to the frat houses each day and collect the $2 dollars from each fireman. In the year 1929 $2 bucks a day would have been laughable, but in 2011 its like the funniest piece of shit I ever heard. Thats gotta get onto the internet somehow because nobody would even believe it if you told them. OH GOD, what is this world coming to? $2 bucks a day keeps the doctor away, $2 bucks a day balances the budget they say, $2 bucks a day and it will all be O.K..................

The average salary for Kearny police isn't even 100k a year so I don't know where you are getting your false information from. For the police the median salary was 100k a year . The police are paid hIgher then the fire department. I'm not going to explain to you the difference between MEDIAN and average is. Next time

Google it so you have a small clue what you are talking about .

If the town of Kearny was "putting aside" money for the anticipated whopper sized retroactive checks the firemen are getting, something like $10,000.00 each or more, then why didn't the town have the money to pay into the pension system and be current on that? They would have also predicted that the raises would have been higher so where is the extra money the town has? I know its not going to the "little sheep"!! I know the 38,0000 people (that was a good try, using the big number of people the KFD has to protect against the wolves and monsters under the bed) that are sub-par to the super human strength, bravery, and intelligence of a G.E.D. equipped fireman makes the people kind of, you know, not the type of people a fireman's family would have over to the house. The firemen should actually stand outside the frat house, if they are allowed to go out in the cold, and laugh at the "little sheep" and show them their $10 thousand dollar bonus checks to make the displaced workers due to the economy feel even worse that they can't buy their little children gifts. That would be so super humanly cool of them. The firemen could also have a toy drive where they collect toys FROM THE PEOPLE, wrap them, and then give them back out to the people while they, the firemen, actually spent nothing on them but the throw a bogus party and have every newspaper in NJ to take pictures saying that the firemen paid for and gave out toys. Something must happen to your brain that makes you an instant asshole when you are sworn in as a fireman. I have seen it over and over again.

Sounds like Barney is suffering from "roid rage", let's hope he doesn't eat his gun.

Guest KPDBlue

Sounds like Barney is suffering from "roid rage", let's hope he doesn't eat his gun.

Sounds like another Harrison Jackass got lost again.....Senile Dementia is a sad, sad thing...Maybe your children should look into a better "Home" for you "Harrison Senior"..... Keep your Stupidity where it belongs. Kearny Police and Kearny Fire stick Together.

A cop anywhere in the U.S. should always get paid more than fireman. One is an occupation, a dangerous job, thats why cops have guns and body armor. A firemen is more like a welfare program or a frat house at a college. These two entities should NEVER be grouped together in any category, negotiation or definition of work. Even in NY City after 9/11/2001, 80% of people taking the firemans test are cops because a fireman is not really a job and the cops know it. They attend the frat house 80 days a year for 24 hours of TV, dinner, and bedtime. Its the same thing everybody with a real job does when they get home. A fireman is part time work for far more money than a cop, a person who really makes a difference, ever makes for some sick reason. Fireman say the same things constantly: We are the bravest, we run into burning buildings, we could die every day. It's absurb. A counter person at 7-11 is a far more dangerous job than a fireman could ever be. I have never in my life, even after 25 years as a cop, seen a fireman go into a burning building. It's public relations BS. They squirt water from a great distance and don't ever go near a fire. The NYC WTC fireman didn't do anything more than they were paid to do. All of a sudden they were "hero's," the most overused word in the English language. Lots of other died but nobody else just doing their job begged like starving dogs in the street and got $10 million per family. They got nothing and they worked harder everyday of the week than any fake ass welfare club member. All fire depts. should be strictly volunteer. They expect a pat on the back every time they take a shit. Enough, please!

Guest Kearny's Bravest

A cop anywhere in the U.S. should always get paid more than fireman. One is an occupation, a dangerous job, thats why cops have guns and body armor. A firemen is more like a welfare program or a frat house at a college. These two entities should NEVER be grouped together in any category, negotiation or definition of work. Even in NY City after 9/11/2001, 80% of people taking the firemans test are cops because a fireman is not really a job and the cops know it. They attend the frat house 80 days a year for 24 hours of TV, dinner, and bedtime. Its the same thing everybody with a real job does when they get home. A fireman is part time work for far more money than a cop, a person who really makes a difference, ever makes for some sick reason. Fireman say the same things constantly: We are the bravest, we run into burning buildings, we could die every day. It's absurb. A counter person at 7-11 is a far more dangerous job than a fireman could ever be. I have never in my life, even after 25 years as a cop, seen a fireman go into a burning building. It's public relations BS. They squirt water from a great distance and don't ever go near a fire. The NYC WTC fireman didn't do anything more than they were paid to do. All of a sudden they were "hero's," the most overused word in the English language. Lots of other died but nobody else just doing their job begged like starving dogs in the street and got $10 million per family. They got nothing and they worked harder everyday of the week than any fake ass welfare club member. All fire depts. should be strictly volunteer. They expect a pat on the back every time they take a shit. Enough, please!

Barney, Barney, Barney. You're hurting my feelings. Do you really think that one disgruntled, bitter cop means anything to me or any other firefighter. If it makes you feel better to pour out your venom from the safety of your momma's basement then go for it baby.

Guest KPDBlue

Kearnys Bravest?? Please..you're just another Jackass from Harrison..you should REALLY try to change your method of typing if you want to play at being someone you aren't "Barney" is Pure Harrison Trash-talk. As for the other Moron posing as a Kearny Cop..He's FOS too... But we'll give HIm the benefit of the Doubt. KPDBlue111@Yahoo.com PROVE to me you were a Kearny Cop and I'll apologize....Somehow I Doubt you have the Grapes to respond though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. KEEP YOUR COP VS FIRE CRAP IN HARRISON Kearny PD and Kearny FD STAND TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barney, Barney, Barney. You're hurting my feelings. Do you really think that one disgruntled, bitter cop means anything to me or any other firefighter. If it makes you feel better to pour out your venom from the safety of your momma's basement then go for it baby.

This is the same guy that pretends to be a Harrison Firefighter in the Harrison boards... (Kearny's Bravest/Harrison's Bravest)

You should have been a little smarter. You are not a firefighter for either town, stop playing games. Grow up or man up and use your own real name.

• 4 weeks later...