terminations

Guest guest

Camden just laid-off approximately 170 cops. No firemen. When are the firemen in NY, NJ, and around the country going to absorb the fact that 9/11/01 is over with. Done. They are rebuilding the World Trade Centers and nobody cares anymore. The military troops, the real heroes, have been called back. The hero mystic is long gone. The families of these firemen who died is sad, but they have also gotten their pound of flesh and much, much more. End it already. The firemen knew the unlikelyhood of possible dangers of the job when they signed-on and also knew the wide variety of perks available such as only working (if you call it that) 80 days a year, spending most of their time watching TV, eating, sleeping and the fanfare that came with it. Many people in this country have suffered more horrible deaths such as from cancer and other illnesses in which the victims and families have endured real suffering over prolonged periods of time. If anyone deserves a break it is them and to loved ones who must go on after getting nothing, nevermind $10 million a piece and are still begging for money from the public who paid their salaries in the first place. Nine years later and firemen from as far away as California, Oregon, and Washington State are still getting disability pensions from 9/11 because of their so called grief over their comrades. Its gone too far. Kearny, from what I hear, is about to lay-off about 15 fireman. I wish it was 45 to stabilize property taxes. There would be no difference in service and a month after the lay-offs nobody would even be talking about it. Get on with your lives for Christ's sake and leave evrybody alone. In my opinion, we've had enough of your sad sack crying and whining. Governor Christie, under his pension reform, should take away all benefits of fireman who got 40% pensions and lifetime benefits from the the towns, directly out of the taxpayers pockets, for nothing more than being drug abusers and in some cases distributors. This detracts from the workers who have a legitimate illness. Change this farce in the law. When you are fired, you're fired and that should be where it ends just like any private company. Just please leave evryone alone, they have enough problems of their own to deal with without the firemen sticking their noses into their business.

There is an easy number as to how many fireman to lay-off. 9 + 11 + 01 = 21. The definitive number has been discovered for true fiscal happiness. Go shovel snow from peoples homes to make money like when you were a kid. To sit back and do nothing ain't gonna pay the bills. Don't give up. The lay-offs will be permanent but from where I am sitting you are still lucky.

Guest KPDPipes

Camden just laid-off approximately 170 cops. No firemen. When are the firemen in NY, NJ, and around the country going to absorb the fact that 9/11/01 is over with. Done. They are rebuilding the World Trade Centers and nobody cares anymore. The military troops, the real heroes, have been called back. The hero mystic is long gone. The families of these firemen who died is sad, but they have also gotten their pound of flesh and much, much more. End it already. The firemen knew the unlikelyhood of possible dangers of the job when they signed-on and also knew the wide variety of perks available such as only working (if you call it that) 80 days a year, spending most of their time watching TV, eating, sleeping and the fanfare that came with it. Many people in this country have suffered more horrible deaths such as from cancer and other illnesses in which the victims and families have endured real suffering over prolonged periods of time. If anyone deserves a break it is them and to loved ones who must go on after getting nothing, nevermind $10 million a piece and are still begging for money from the public who paid their salaries in the first place. Nine years later and firemen from as far away as California, Oregon, and Washington State are still getting disability pensions from 9/11 because of their so called grief over their comrades. Its gone too far. Kearny, from what I hear, is about to lay-off about 15 fireman. I wish it was 45 to stabilize property taxes. There would be no difference in service and a month after the lay-offs nobody would even be talking about it. Get on with your lives for Christ's sake and leave evrybody alone. In my opinion, we've had enough of your sad sack crying and whining. Governor Christie, under his pension reform, should take away all benefits of fireman who got 40% pensions and lifetime benefits from the the towns, directly out of the taxpayers pockets, for nothing more than being drug abusers and in some cases distributors. This detracts from the workers who have a legitimate illness. Change this farce in the law. When you are fired, you're fired and that should be where it ends just like any private company. Just please leave evryone alone, they have enough problems of their own to deal with without the firemen sticking their noses into their business.

Wow, another jackass from the Harrison Forum who seems to have lost his way. Take your anti-firefighter crap South of Johnston Ave, and keep it there. KPD and KFD STAND TOGETHER.

Wow, another jackass from the Harrison Forum who seems to have lost his way. Take your anti-firefighter crap South of Johnston Ave, and keep it there. KPD and KFD STAND TOGETHER.

I would have to agree, kearny is one of the few towns that the fire department and police actually all get along. They do not act like spoiled brats, like the neighbors to the south. Its no wonder harrison is a mess.

Guest unknown soldier

To the originator of this concern, preach on brother. I served overseas in combat and came back and still can't find a job. What the hell are these firemen complaining about?

To the originator of this concern, preach on brother. I served overseas in combat and came back and still can't find a job. What the hell are these firemen complaining about?

more then half of the firefighters getting laid off are veterans. So the fact you can't find a job holds no water.

Come on man!!! Its a well known fact ALL you need to do is PASS a civil service test. Whoops forgot about the Honorable Discharge part....I guess your beat!!!!! (or really not a veteran)

Guest Little guy

Sept. 11 2001 may be over but it will never be forgoten. The fact remains that any fire fighter will

do it over again if he had to. If it was to save one life. or to save 3,000 lives. If it takes the life of one fire fighter or 343. No I'm a fire fighter.

Come on man!!! Its a well known fact ALL you need to do is PASS a civil service test. Whoops forgot about the Honorable Discharge part....I guess your beat!!!!! (or really not a veteran)

You'll be beat when you lose you job,"FIREBOY"

Guest KPDBlue

You'll be beat when you lose you job,"FIREBOY"

Ahhhh...as my Brother Officer pointed out....the DISTINCTIVE Call of the Harrison Jackass. Keep your Nonsense in your own Town Sonny. KPD and KFD stand together and Support each other.

Guest KFDThanksKPD

Ahhhh...as my Brother Officer pointed out....the DISTINCTIVE Call of the Harrison Jackass. Keep your Nonsense in your own Town Sonny. KPD and KFD stand together and Support each other.

To OUR Brothers in BLUE... THANK YOU!!! We will stick together in this & support each other!!! KFD & KPD UNITED!!!

To OUR Brothers in BLUE... THANK YOU!!! We will stick together in this & support each other!!! KFD & KPD UNITED!!!

Yeah,let's stick together so we can fleece these little sheep.We are worth a hell of alot more than a hundred grand yearly.

I would have to agree, kearny is one of the few towns that the fire department and police actually all get along. They do not act like spoiled brats, like the neighbors to the south. Its no wonder harrison is a mess.

a mess? spoiled brats? gee another town like secaucus who refuses to admit they are part of hudson county. all towns in hudson county are f*cked up its the way to be! dont play yourself........you S**K the same t*t as harrison!

I don't believe this KFD & KPD stick together nonsense one bit because that is not the sentiment from the KPD officers I know and I talk to. Its just the opposite. I remember an article a KPD Officer published in the Observer a few years ago expressing his dislike for the KFD and that he would do their welfare job when off duty "just for fun." I am sure you remember that or can research it. How can these two entities get along when the KFD cannot even get along with each other and sell-out their co-welfare recipients for a few extra bucks. These two entities are comparing a hard working lower to middle class person (KPD) to a type of trust fund baby (KFD). They have absolutely nothing in common. Those relationships don't work. Maybe 1 or 2 cops feel that way and post it on this forum but its simply not overall reality when one group (KFD) feels superior to not only another group but also feel superior to their own parents, wives, and children. Just not possible.

Guest Kearny's Bravest

Yeah,let's stick together so we can fleece these little sheep.We are worth a hell of alot more than a hundred grand yearly.

Sheep? Hummm, that gives me an idea for lunch. I think we'll roast a leg of lamb tomorrow. Hey Barney, you like lamb?