no answer

Guest guest

Call police station press 1 for emergency. I press 1 it rings and answering machine comes on and says no one is available. I called right back someone answers. Is this outragous or what. How can you call for an emergency and no one answers. Something better get done real quick!!!!!

Call police station press 1 for emergency. I press 1 it rings and answering machine comes on and says no one is available. I called right back someone answers. Is this outragous or what. How can you call for an emergency and no one answers. Something better get done real quick!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE - FREAKIN UNBELIEVABLE!

Dial 911if you have a true emergency, you idiot and read the public service anouncements on tv 35

Dial 911if you have a true emergency, you idiot and read the public service anouncements on tv 35

first of all that person is not a idiot. why should we have to dial 911 in a true emergency that would have to go to jersey city and bounce back to harrison. what are the dispatcher doing they make plenty of money

You are the idiot. If you had a emergency in your home, your family you would want to go police direct. Its faster. This is just another disgrace in this town.

first of all that person is not a idiot. why should we have to dial 911 in a true emergency that would have to go to jersey city and bounce back to harrison. what are the dispatcher doing they make plenty of money

Usually two on duty right? Two isn't a whole lot especially if they were actually busy then no one would be able to pick up the phone, sometimes durning certain calls you can't just say hold on. Should have called 911.

I will never dial 911. It takes too long to go threw. Further more if they have answering services then they don't need all the dispatchers there.What are the dispatchers doing when the phone rings and no one answers. Im not blaming anything on the dispatchers someone had to tell them this is how its gonna be.But don't call me an idiot.If anything happens to someones family even your own do you mind calling 911,because i sure as hell don't.By then it can be too late. This really is so f***ed up.

First of all the dispatchers do not make "plenty of money" and second they are not the ones who installed the "new" phone system that is currently in place and has some problems. You must be a know it all who knows NOTHING.

Usually two on duty right? Two isn't a whole lot especially if they were actually busy then no one would be able to pick up the phone, sometimes durning certain calls you can't just say hold on. Should have called 911.

speaking of two on duty, word around town is that fire personnel is going to have some cuts, less men on and Medical Emergencies will be outsourced to a private company, why don't the residents know about this? it's incredibly crazy that the mismanagement of a municipality will cost residents their security and well beig. So many people that are paid estranomicaly high for our working class town, and the first thing they do is lay off police and fire? listen we are not stupid to realize that **** **** has no clue on what to do, due to the unqualified person in charge, as well as other departments that realy should do more with less.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Apparently your mother ****** **, she should have *** ** *******! your a moron!

Edited by KOTW
Content.

it was-----donkin donut-coffee time -- donkin donut coffee time

brillant observation idiot,when in doubt throw the dunkin donut comment? you must be a anti-cop crackhead walking around town thinking the world owes you sh*t.

First of all the dispatchers do not make "plenty of money" and second they are not the ones who installed the "new" phone system that is currently in place and has some problems. You must be a know it all who knows NOTHING.

Correct dispatchers do their job on a daily basis, but the HFD eats, sleeps and waits for their work to come, I know they do their job when the calls come in but do we realy need this kind of spending (5 million per year) on what we all know volnteers are qualified to do? at one time, yes we had the industry here and we were able to carry this payrool, but be realistic we need to do something about this part time mayhem that is actualy bankrupting the town of Harrison. Starting with *** ***** that has card blanch with town car and drives his kids to school on our dime. Reality bites and most residents would realize that town security is most important and we need additional police officers to be around without all the stress that has impacted our PD for the last year or so. with all do respect to the HFD we could do without these high paid salaries to people that are mostly out of town residents and need benefits to carry them and family while they hold second jobs. Great job by all but give Harrison a break and keep the EMS team for they are truly whom we need everyday. Remember most residents working in the private sector are either on unemployment or had to have cuts in payrool or hours, and they need to carry their own family while paying taxes to keep these services around, we can no longer afford this. give up some concessions and think of those who pay for you to live and provide for your family.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

I am not blaming anyone for not doing their job. I am very scared too know that you can call for an emergency and get no answer. Do you know how long it takes to call 911 to go through. You just said it in one of the post that they are having problems. That should be the first thing fixed ASAP. This is very scary for all of us. I did not say anyone isnt doing their job. Please look into this immediatwly. Thank you

The main way to improve the dispatching system is constant, consistent training of the individual. These people are sometimes prioritizing life/death situations and training is the main issue on how to improve the situation. Like anything else though, if you go thru the last names of the dispatchers in JC you are going to see the same politically connected familily members employed regardless of their eduacation level or background. Its wrong, but thats the way it is. In a town like Harrison, the jobs get "stacked" and are answered in order of importance by the dispatcher. The Harrison dispatchers are pretty good. They care and try hard. When you have 5 emergency calls and one cop is busy with an arrest, another at the scene of an accident, and only 1 available to answer 5 calls, which goes first? It's a difficult thing to determine. If the Harrison dispatchers, who in my opinion are very qualified, can send a janitor, secretary, fireman, or transportation officer to a criminal occurence maybe then they will meet your expectations. The dispatchers job is the most critical job in the whole process, but don't blame them when they have nobody to send due to the towns mismanagement and hatred of the good, drug free guys in blue in Harrison.

Guest r u kidding me?

The main way to improve the dispatching system is constant, consistent training of the individual. These people are sometimes prioritizing life/death situations and training is the main issue on how to improve the situation. Like anything else though, if you go thru the last names of the dispatchers in JC you are going to see the same politically connected familily members employed regardless of their eduacation level or background. Its wrong, but thats the way it is. In a town like Harrison, the jobs get "stacked" and are answered in order of importance by the dispatcher. The Harrison dispatchers are pretty good. They care and try hard. When you have 5 emergency calls and one cop is busy with an arrest, another at the scene of an accident, and only 1 available to answer 5 calls, which goes first? It's a difficult thing to determine. If the Harrison dispatchers, who in my opinion are very qualified, can send a janitor, secretary, fireman, or transportation officer to a criminal occurence maybe then they will meet your expectations. The dispatchers job is the most critical job in the whole process, but don't blame them when they have nobody to send due to the towns mismanagement and hatred of the good, drug free guys in blue in Harrison.

OMG,are you serious? i happen to know them all, and no way are all qualified to be there muchless answer the phones. its not in jc where the names have pull please. i can honestly say maybe three know what they are doing and are qualified. the rest need to join the unemployment line. talk to the officers and firemen themselves for their horror stories on certain dispatchers. not all should be praised that's for sure. which ones are truly worthy of praise, i say 3 out of the ten. sad but true.

You want someone to critque a dispatchers performance based on what Harrison fireman says? How can a fireman be critical of the dispatchers which I, a cop, think do a good job when all the fireman do is sleep, eat, and shit. What can a fireman say about a dispatcher when they themselves won't leave the frat house until another towns engines are at the scene already. The delay in the call is not from the dispatcher, it is from the cowardly douchbags that wait until some real firemen show up from out of town until they depart from the frat house. You couldn't ask a fireman anyway because the doors to the firehouse are locked tightly so nobody can get in and catch them hitting the pipe or nodding off. The frat is open only to other frat members, not the general public. Explain how a regular Joe in town can even arrange to see a fireman none the less have a conversation with one. The frat house is like supermans fortress of solitude. NO ONE FROM THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED INTO THE SECRET INNER SANCTOM.

You want someone to critque a dispatchers performance based on what Harrison fireman says? How can a fireman be critical of the dispatchers which I, a cop, think do a good job when all the fireman do is sleep, eat, and shit. What can a fireman say about a dispatcher when they themselves won't leave the frat house until another towns engines are at the scene already. The delay in the call is not from the dispatcher, it is from the cowardly douchbags that wait until some real firemen show up from out of town until they depart from the frat house. You couldn't ask a fireman anyway because the doors to the firehouse are locked tightly so nobody can get in and catch them hitting the pipe or nodding off. The frat is open only to other frat members, not the general public. Explain how a regular Joe in town can even arrange to see a fireman none the less have a conversation with one. The frat house is like supermans fortress of solitude. NO ONE FROM THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED INTO THE SECRET INNER SANCTOM.

Ok... since we can't confirm a Fireman actually complained about them I won't even comment on the negative remarks, except one, I never heard any Harrison Fire apparatus taking long times to respond to reports of real fire, in fact if anything you hear the Firefighters assigned to EMS requesting to jump to another rig.

From what I can tell from listening to them it seems to me the Harrison Dispatchers do a real fine job. If anything there is a fire chief that is outright nasty to them, if anything the Dispatchers should make a complaint. I remember hearing the dispatcher request EMS to respond to a fallen elderly man, the Battalion Chief on duty started asking some questions to the dispatcher, is this call for so and so being drunk again? She responded I don't know I've just gotten multiple 911 calls about a elderly man fallen... the BC disregarded what she said and told her to inform Harrison Police that EMS should not be dispatched for just an intoxicated individual who doesn't have an injury. The dispatcher explained again that she received 911 calls about it and police aren't on the scene but also responding, his response... "Just tell police that"... EMS did respond but why does the BC need to act like that? Better to be safe then sorry. The dispatchers always sound professional and curious. No reason to bash them, they have a tough job.

Edited by KOTW
Note: The above information is not confirmed.

Guest just sayin

Where do I find this "Chef?"

At the Lyndhurst Diner? :D

first off its ginas he goes to with his entrounge secondly, call 911 after all them jersey city hood rats know what they are doing, better yet take your butt down and ask to sit and watch what goes on and guantee youll grab your stash of xanax quicker. keep talking out of your ass you harrison imbred.

Guest eerie voice

last week i had an eerie experience with a female dispatcher i had called regarding my car being towed now its early morning and i understand some people arent morning people but she was nasty and rude and placed me on hold several times before i snapped back and hung up. my wife then called back later in the day spoke to someone else who was then informative. that night i went to have my car released and both ladies behind the desk were delightful. so some care and serve the public and others are there for the paycheck. there is a problem!