How does Kearny take care of its Veterans on this sacred day?

Guest Kearny Veteran

Guest Kearny Veteran

First i would like to thank all the men and women who so valiantly serve our country to provide us the freedom we all cherish today. Now i would like the public to know something about what the Mayor and Council has planned for our veterans. As of today (yes veterans day) the town plans on laying off 17 police officers and 15 firefighters this coming Jan. Of those targeted for layoffs 25 of them are Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans. They all fought for their country and now help protect their communities. We as a community will stand outside at parades and cheer our veterans on, but now we are standing silent as the town wants to thank them for thier service with a pink slip not a medal. I understand that budget cuts need to be made, but what is the Mayor doing to help these heroes? Is he sharing the sacrifice? Has anyone from the council presented a plan to avoid layoffs? From everyone i have spoken to the only plan the town has to layoff until no one wants to serve their community any longer. I am disgusted that we as taxpayers should have to deal with a Mayor and Council that shows such little regard for our veterans. I hope that this gets to the mayor and the pit in his stomach tightens knowing that we did nothing to protect the veterans who know protect his beloved town.

What Kearny needs is for people to actually run for council and mayor. Too long has our town been run by the same people who all agree on everything. If they were actually worried about not getting votes, they might care more about what goes on in the daily town business. The mayor should also not be on the town council. There should be a council president who runs the meetings. The way it is now, pretty much what the mayor wants, the mayor gets.

We're supposed to guarantee eternal jobs simply because they veterans of our Iraq and Afghanistan wars?

Also, lets also not romanticize the veterans. They did not serve our country. The ones they served were corrupt politicians who used them in their adventure, the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Did you really believe that backward countries like Afghanistan and Iraq were a real threat to the United States of America? Do you think we're some third rate power that can be seriously threatened by those two countries? To seriously believe that is silly and is ridiculous. Those two countries were never a real threat to us.

We're supposed to guarantee eternal jobs simply because they veterans of our Iraq and Afghanistan wars?

Also, lets also not romanticize the veterans. They did not serve our country. The ones they served were corrupt politicians who used them in their adventure, the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Did you really believe that backward countries like Afghanistan and Iraq were a real threat to the United States of America? Do you think we're some third rate power that can be seriously threatened by those two countries? To seriously believe that is silly and is ridiculous. Those two countries were never a real threat to us.

I agree, jobs are never guaranteed. Everything else you have just said lets me know your a moron. Lets not romanticize the veterans? They served our country. Just because you did not like the leaders, has nothing to do with the men and women serving. And you ask if Afgahan was a real threat? Ask anyone who lost someone on 9-11 what kind of threat they were. Either you are a complete idiot , or your head is so far up your a$$ that you haven't noticed what has been going on for the past 10 years.

How dare you write a statement like lets not romanticize the veterans. We all argue on this site about issues in the town, but you are the lowest of the low. I would spit in your face if I saw you.

Giving living proof to the addage: "opinions are like ________, everyone has one and they all stink." Honor your veterans, not for eternal jobs, but because their sacrifice allows your freedom of speech. Even if your freedom of speech is assinine.

Guest 2smart4u

This liberal puke who hides under his bed at every loud noise, becomes a keyboard commando in the safety of his bedroom making ugly comments like "veterans didn't serve our country".

Apparently he's forgotten the World Trade Towers, Pentagon, USS Cole, Embassy bombings, underwear and crotch bombers and many other bombings around the world.

Hide under your bed puke, the military will still protect your candy ass.

This liberal puke who hides under his bed at every loud noise, becomes a keyboard commando in the safety of his bedroom making ugly comments like "veterans didn't serve our country".

Apparently he's forgotten the World Trade Towers, Pentagon, USS Cole, Embassy bombings, underwear and crotch bombers and many other bombings around the world.

Hide under your bed puke, the military will still protect your candy ass.

The military exists primarily to enforce government policy. Protecting your ass is a side effect.

Our constitutional founders knew that. Which is why they wanted a weak Federal military with strong state militias, the militias composed of civilians.

We have examples in the past where the objective was not to protect civilians. Ask the Japanese who were interred by the military. Ask the WW I bonus marchers - when they marched in Washington DC, government employees left their Federal offices to cheer them on, realizing the marchers were patriots asking for what they were promised. The president told McArthur he did not want violence, yet McArthur ordered and got his troops to fire on the peaceful bonus marchers. So much for protecting the "civilians."

There have been times when our military has "retreated" because they were ordered, leaving civilians hanging, even though they could easily have remained. Just look at the famous picture of our "evacuation" from our roof top Saigon embassy.

Guest Kearny Senior.

The military exists primarily to enforce government policy. Protecting your ass is a side effect.

Our constitutional founders knew that. Which is why they wanted a weak Federal military with strong state militias, the militias composed of civilians.

We have examples in the past where the objective was not to protect civilians. Ask the Japanese who were interred by the military. Ask the WW I bonus marchers - when they marched in Washington DC, government employees left their Federal offices to cheer them on, realizing the marchers were patriots asking for what they were promised. The president told McArthur he did not want violence, yet McArthur ordered and got his troops to fire on the peaceful bonus marchers. So much for protecting the "civilians."

There have been times when our military has "retreated" because they were ordered, leaving civilians hanging, even though they could easily have remained. Just look at the famous picture of our "evacuation" from our roof top Saigon embassy.

What does your post have to do with world-wide terrorism ?? Easy on that Kool-Aid, son.

Guest Former Resident

WOW!! I didn't realize that Veteran's Day was ONLY to honor those that served in Iraq or Afghanistan. :huh:

How disrespectful to even suggest that "They did not serve our country" . But, you can probably thank a Veteran, who served in the military, for keeping this country free, giving you the right to say what you just did ;)

WOW!! I didn't realize that Veteran's Day was ONLY to honor those that served in Iraq or Afghanistan. :huh:

How disrespectful to even suggest that "They did not serve our country" . But, you can probably thank a Veteran, who served in the military, for keeping this country free, giving you the right to say what you just did ;)

The response was because the opening poster was crying about layoffs to the Iraq and Afghanistan war vets.

There's a lot we can and should thank our vets for. They served the country and us, the citizens, from the Nazi pyschos.

And we know what North Korea is like - a human slaughterhouse. Had it not been for our Korean vets, half of the southern Asia would be like that.

• 1 month later...