Vicious election

Guest me

Once again, another vicious election.

Look; I really believe that Mayor McDonough has tried his personal best to do what is best for the town, but that’s where it ends.

To begin with I believe that his personal best is nowhere close to enough.

I believe that he has surrounded himself with complete Idiots for Councilmen/ Councilwoman; this may be by design so that he can pass his agenda.

As a result there have been numerous poor decisions and extremely bad advice given by what appears to be inept lawyers and advisors to bring us to where we are today.

I really don’t think that Maria McCormick is the best choice to be Mayor; however, she appears to be the only choice we currently have to stop this madness which has lasted at least 8 years. There has to be a correction made in our current process so that we may someday have open and free elections in our town (something that hasn’t existed since the Frank Rodgers era).

Our Mayor has trouble telling anyone (even Developers) No.

This has led to our present situation.

We will undoubtedly have to go through some tough times after electing a new Mayor and Council, however, this appears to be our only avenue towards daylight and the promise of tomorrow.

As the candidates slander each other like they have in all past elections, please try to remember that it was only 4 years ago that our Mayor was slamming his running mate, Mr. Milan as little Caesar and referring to him as divisive and caring only for his people. I wonder what has changed since this time. Politics certainly does make strange bed fellows.

If we can step off the McDonough - McCormick train wreck for one minute, I found one of your statements very interesting: "There has to be a correction made in our current process so that we may someday have open and free elections in our town (something that hasn’t existed since the Frank Rodgers era)."

The town of Harrison has had only 2 mayors in 63 years. Rodgers served as mayor for 48 years, from 1948-1995. Do you really believe that there were free and open elections in Harrison during that reign?

Absolutely not, Once Mayor Rodgers became our Mayor that was the day free and open elections ceased in the Town of Harrison. That is what I meant to say. regardless, we need it more now then ever. I just hope that it isn't too late. Thanks for pointing that out.

Absolutely not, Once Mayor Rodgers became our Mayor that was the day free and open elections ceased in the Town of Harrison. That is what I meant to say. regardless, we need it more now then ever. I just hope that it isn't too late. Thanks for pointing that out.

You may think that there was never a FREE election in Harrison. But once that curtain closed behind you you did what you wanted to do and no one knew the difference. When you came out you grabbed the hand that you wanted to and said "yes, you are the one I voted for" If you can be BOSSED into voting for someone that you didn't want to vote for you apparenty not smart enough to be granted the privledge to vote.

I can only guess the real good government for the people, by the people, says that in Harrison, our good friends Ray, Jim, Larry, Anselmo, Jesus have our clear mission for the future of Harrison, the mandate they need to take us into the future. Thank you for caring for Harrison working people!

Guest downwithfedres

If we can step off the McDonough - McCormick train wreck for one minute, I found one of your statements very interesting: "There has to be a correction made in our current process so that we may someday have open and free elections in our town (something that hasn’t existed since the Frank Rodgers era)."

The town of Harrison has had only 2 mayors in 63 years. Rodgers served as mayor for 48 years, from 1948-1995. Do you really believe that there were free and open elections in Harrison during that reign?

Didn't Rodgers run Paul Heeney and Jack Mulrenan out of town after they lost to him in 1964 and 1976 respectively?Did Humphreys move out after 1992?

Guest dogretired

Humphreys was locked up after he went over the alloted time to speak. Was that justice? The facist Rodgers dictatorial regime could stand no objection to their way of doing things. No difference from then until now. Everyone who speaks up at a town meeting must give their name AND address. It is immediately marked down and then a check is made as to the property to see IF there are any outstanding violations, if none, they will find something as a retribution.

Guest election police

Humphreys was locked up after he went over the alloted time to speak. Was that justice? The facist Rodgers dictatorial regime could stand no objection to their way of doing things. No difference from then until now. Everyone who speaks up at a town meeting must give their name AND address. It is immediately marked down and then a check is made as to the property to see IF there are any outstanding violations, if none, they will find something as a retribution.

What's your name and address ? Here's looking at you..........

Guest dogretired

Hey, what's the difference, I don't live in Harrison now but did for many years, I still pay property taxes here, you aren't giving your name so why should I? I own some property and pay taxes here

Guest No Problem

Hey, what's the difference, I don't live in Harrison now but did for many years, I still pay property taxes here, you aren't giving your name so why should I? I own some property and pay taxes here

No Problem, The McComics own alot of property and they post here, do not leave a name, but unlike you, they do not *** ***** *****

Edited by KOTW
Content.