Harrison Voters

Guest Guest

With all the hoopla going on about this election you would think two strangers are running. Ray and most of the council have been around for years, so have the McCormicks. After reading this board you would think they are all incompetent and even criminals. If you have lived in Harrison for any period of time there is only one question here. Is Harrison a better place to live now than it was sixteen years ago? If you think it is, vote for the same people who made it better. If you think not, vote for the people you think it will make it a better place.

As for me, this is not the same Harrison I knew and loved sixteen years ago. I will be voting for change.

I will be voting for progress and not a step in reverse. A change from health to sickness is not a good change. The present Mayor and his team have guided Harrison through some difficult times. I would hate to see the change team destroy this town as they did with their own finances. I am staying with Mc Donough!

Guest dogretired

More of the same? More canceling town meetings when it suits them or early "special meetings" when most cannot attend, higher sewer bills, more family and friends hired and bottom of the totempole employees let go, no postings of new hirings, a rubber stamp yes men council, the majority of which never speak up on an issue except to say "yes" and the mayor reading ordinances as fast as he possibly can in order to close the meeting and get out of there.

I will be voting for progress and not a step in reverse. A change from health to sickness is not a good change. The present Mayor and his team have guided Harrison through some difficult times. I would hate to see the change team destroy this town as they did with their own finances. I am staying with Mc Donough!

Then ride the ship down.

The McCormick were thought of highly the whole time Steph's was open, then all of a sudden they're terrible business people?? Use your head.

They saw ahead of many that a store like theirs couldn't compete against a Walmart or a Target, so they started to diversify. Up until then they had a good relationship with the town and did things "the way things had always been done" verbal contracts, town employees doing work without permits - this was the NORM! In fact for any business related to the friends and family of those in power, including that concentrated bunch at a certain Real Estate company - it is STILL the norm.

The McCormick's financial troubles are a direct result of their becoming politically active and having different views than the majority. Instead of trying to sway them with good arguments for the Red Bulls Arena, they decided to ruin them. The McCormicks turned out to be RIGHT then, and they are RIGHT now. The postings and links to the Florida Marlins situation are dead on.

No one from the McDonough camp will answer any questions about the Red Bulls Lease because they know it proves the McCormicks right.

No one will talk about the lawsuits against the town and town employees, because to do so illustrates the unethical behavior of people running the town. As elected officials of the Town Council, the McCormicks had to pay out of their pockets to get material relevant to decisions they had to vote on AFTER the call to vote. So they vote NO. They have proposed many ideas posted on their website, they would not allow them even to come to a vote.

No response to requests for information on suits against the town, records for permits and board rulings mysteriously cannot be found.

No response to the revelation that Trenton has called the Construction Department to tell them to quit interfering with the McCormick's business and they IGNORE it.

So vote for McDonough if you like...and deal with the consequences.