Opinion on the upcoming election...

Guest Proud Harrisonian

Guest Proud Harrisonian

I read through these posts and am sincerly disturbed by the lack of contructive criticism and constant badgering of the employees of this town. I may not always agree with what is taking place or what direction this town is headed, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone, its just the name of the game.

What I can tell you is that this mayor and council has lead this town to some great developement and has the right idea for making this town great again. Every town in this state is being faced with tax increases, and if they are getting by with little to no increases, they are due for a very rude awaking. Its inevitable what we are going through, because of the tough economic times, all of which, Ray & team had no idea to plan for when they started all of this redevelopment. What else would you like to see in that area where we now have the Red Bull Stadium and Parking Garage?? I read somewhere, that revenue for the Parking Garage has already surpassed their quarterly expecations and that in turn means revenue for the town.

We are in a very tough econcomic situation, in our town, county & state, and we need people at the helm to take charge, care for this great town and its great people and have the ability to go to Trenton to get things done. Do you honestly think that putting the McCormicks at the head of this will lead to any better decision making. Aside from being unable to manage their own finance's, do you think they have the knowwithall to run this town. Aside from that, they won't be able to march down to Trenton and demand grants, aid & support becuase noone knows who they are and they do not have any support of the state. In a time where we can use as much aid and support as possible, we need to turn to the people who have the ear of those in Trenton that can make things happen. People in Trenton respect the mayor and aside from political differences, they know he wants the best for our small community, and if they don't jump at the chance to help him, they will always lend an ear and point him in the direction of people that can help him.

As I stated earlier, I may not agree with all the decisions that are made, but then again you can't please everyone. My parents sacraficed their lives to give me the opportunity to succeed in life with a better education, and to have the things they didn't have growing up. I will go as far as to say the same for alot of the people on here. I love this town and I don't see myself going anywhere, and I see myself raising my family here as well. We need to sacrafice today in order to reap the benefits later in life, and more importanly for our kids to reap the benefits of what this great town will have to offer.

Look into the facts and Vote for McDonough in Novemeber. Take a close look at what our current state is and how the economy has impacted us. We are in the middle of major development and reconstruction. If we don't let McDonough and council finish this out, these outsiders will come in and ruin this entire vision. I GUARENTEE you we will be worst off then anyone ever imagined and there will be no fixing it after the fact. This town will quickly go to sh*t... Let's sacrafice alittle now and get out of these economic hardship and reap the benefits of what the original vision was, a community of opportunity, families, friends & pride.

- Proud Harrisonian...

Guest Grateful Harrisonian

One of the most heartfelt and articulate post ever on this site. Thank you for restoring my faith in Harrison and makiing me proud to live here.

I read through these posts and am sincerly disturbed by the lack of contructive criticism and constant badgering of the employees of this town. I may not always agree with what is taking place or what direction this town is headed, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone, its just the name of the game.

What I can tell you is that this mayor and council has lead this town to some great developement and has the right idea for making this town great again. Every town in this state is being faced with tax increases, and if they are getting by with little to no increases, they are due for a very rude awaking. Its inevitable what we are going through, because of the tough economic times, all of which, Ray & team had no idea to plan for when they started all of this redevelopment. What else would you like to see in that area where we now have the Red Bull Stadium and Parking Garage?? I read somewhere, that revenue for the Parking Garage has already surpassed their quarterly expecations and that in turn means revenue for the town.

We are in a very tough econcomic situation, in our town, county & state, and we need people at the helm to take charge, care for this great town and its great people and have the ability to go to Trenton to get things done. Do you honestly think that putting the McCormicks at the head of this will lead to any better decision making. Aside from being unable to manage their own finance's, do you think they have the knowwithall to run this town. Aside from that, they won't be able to march down to Trenton and demand grants, aid & support becuase noone knows who they are and they do not have any support of the state. In a time where we can use as much aid and support as possible, we need to turn to the people who have the ear of those in Trenton that can make things happen. People in Trenton respect the mayor and aside from political differences, they know he wants the best for our small community, and if they don't jump at the chance to help him, they will always lend an ear and point him in the direction of people that can help him.

As I stated earlier, I may not agree with all the decisions that are made, but then again you can't please everyone. My parents sacraficed their lives to give me the opportunity to succeed in life with a better education, and to have the things they didn't have growing up. I will go as far as to say the same for alot of the people on here. I love this town and I don't see myself going anywhere, and I see myself raising my family here as well. We need to sacrafice today in order to reap the benefits later in life, and more importanly for our kids to reap the benefits of what this great town will have to offer.

Look into the facts and Vote for McDonough in Novemeber. Take a close look at what our current state is and how the economy has impacted us. We are in the middle of major development and reconstruction. If we don't let McDonough and council finish this out, these outsiders will come in and ruin this entire vision. I GUARENTEE you we will be worst off then anyone ever imagined and there will be no fixing it after the fact. This town will quickly go to sh*t... Let's sacrafice alittle now and get out of these economic hardship and reap the benefits of what the original vision was, a community of opportunity, families, friends & pride.

- Proud Harrisonian...

On hope and a prayer you are guiding us into another four years of BS is that correct? let's face it if Harrison elects this Mayor and follower Councilmembers we will be in the same position for four more years, you know why? our economy is not going to reccuperate that quick and McDonough and his line of Thiefs will only reap more benefits and taxpayers will have to flip the cost. They are already lining up someones daughter to take the place of the CFO. WE NEED PROFESSIONALS. As you are aware if you are a Harrisonian most employees making over 100 thousand are not professionals they are family and friends. Our town Attorney never practiced privately for example. How can a town move forward if we do not have management. Take a look at every department and there is no accountability, no checks and balances. You speak as if the state will not acknowledge a new administration, of course the state HAS to help every municipality otherwise the state needs to take over. You speak as if a new breath of fresh air is unacceptable in Harrison, when the truth is that is exactly what Harrison needs. These people here are only out for themselves and you know that, how do they make their living? off of you. We need new Guidance with no connection to political jobs and no sence of entitlement as we have now.

I am also a proud resident of Harrison. Unfortunately I have watched as the Town I love went from a small friendly community to one which hardly resembles what Harrison once was.

There is no doubt that something had to be done to reclaim the once contaminated industrial sites that dominated the Harrison landscape. But the present administration went out of its way to bring disaster to our redevelopment.

We bought the land for the new stadium and cleaned it up by financing bonds that put the Harrison tax payer on the hook. To date we have not received one penny on our investment. The town paid for the roads to the stadium, the sewers, and even removed income generating parking meters from along FER Blvd., in order to help this New York team to find a home.

We practically gave our JFK Stadium to a group that built Town houses that, everyone has complained about. We also put in the roads and sewers, and gave out thirty year tax abatements to have these cheese boxes built, again putting taxpayers on the hook.

We have a new garage that accommodates out of town people who want to use the PATH. We reached a deal with the Hudson County improvement Authority to build the garage with them receiving the bulk of the profits. We even removed tax paying parking lots, and parking meters to accommodate them.

Even the hotel was build. With all of the redevelopment we have done so far, lets look at the end results. We have reduced our police and fire departments to all time lows. We have laid off thirty town employees, with more to come. Even our crossing guards are feeling the pain caused by the redevelopment. Our taxes have gone up every year for the last sixteen years.

With all the redevelopment, nowhere have we seen a new playground, a new ball field, or any other recreational space for the town's residents, not even a little park, or a basketball court.

If you think the new slate of candidates can't do a better job then, Mc Donough, Doran, Bennet, Dolaghan, and Haranga, you are not seeing the same Harrison that I am.

- Proud Harrisonian...

- Proud Harrisonian...

Very intelligent posting certainly wasn't McCormack or Obrien

- Proud Harrisonian...

***** Please post the reply, you have no colhoes to do so now? you are big talk then walk the walk with the reality of the situation. I love this when people decide to change teams, not saying your gay but realizing that you are being played by Millan and the band of thieves. Sorry **** some things have to come out. I've got nothing to hide.

Edited by KOTW
Content. If you have nothing to hide register under your real name and repost.

That was one of the worst posts ever. A semi-illiterate HHS graduate pounding his chest for the status quo. If you think this current Mayor are the best you can get, by all means vote for them. Sometimes you just might get what you ask for. For example, how can the fireman get a new contract with generous raises for the next few years when the Mayor just took 30 jobs away from perfectly good employees and their health care to boot. Their is real suffering going on out here and this guy continues to hand out 6 figure jobs like pieces of candy to his relatives. Taxes ARE going up, more termination of jobs IS being discussed, and I would bet my bottom dollar that the 95% of people making six figures really don't care because they don't live in Harrison. Let me see if you notice some similarities: Frank Hague, one of Hudson Countys most corrupt Mayors, ruled Jersey City from 1917 to 1947, McMole from 1995 to the present. Hague ceated the third largest hospital in the world at the time, present day McMole the stadium but not as grand. Hague created new job titles with outrageous pay to his frineds and family such as an organist for the jail and a chaplain of the roadways to pray for motorists. Present, McMoles transport officer, beatificaion official, and on and on... Hague, during election time, hired people called "Zeppelines'" who would work their ears to the ground on the street and report anyone who opposed him. Just like the present day, transpot officer, family members, etc.. If business people such as present day McCormicks opposed Hague, they were quickly hit with visits from Jersey Citys construction dept., code enforcements, town atorneys, and any other way he could discredit them and drive them out of business. Starting to sound familiar. When Hague finally left office 1947, he "handed" the job of Mayor over to Frank Eggers, his nephew. Just like Rodgers did with McDonough. The fire department, when Hague retired was bursting at the seems so strongly that they had to build new firehouses just to put the relatives and confederates in. Many were never required to show up for work. Are you getting the picture yet? When Hague retired he had millions in cash, villas in Palm Beach, A NYC Park Avenue home, and a huge home in the Jersy shore, in Deal. This is really starting to sound familiar.

He became so involved with hiring relatives and cronies and using bully tactics to get his way with the the towns money that the town had the highest property taxes in NJ, the worst school system loaded with relatives in the state, and garbage lining the streets was still being picked up by horse carts. Thats all true. If this doesn't sound similar to you as to what is going on in present day Harrison you are a fool. Vote McCormick before its too late.

McDonough also has an expensive home down the shore, like Frank Hague, and is the Chairman of the Hudson Country Democratic Commitee, as was Hague during his reign of corruption and destruction of Jersey City. The similarities are quite symetrical.

I know that a house in Point Pleasant isn't worth the price of a bathroom in a house in Deal, but it's where the money came from that matters. My prdeiction, if McDonough wins, Harrison will eventually bottom out andt will be a LETS HIT THE PARKWAY SOUTH party for the few special people who still live in Harrison. There aren't many left anyway, all the folks with the big money jobs have already moved out of town. Very good comparison between the Hague and McDonough, very creepy and similar.

WOW! Amazing grace.....I was blind but now I see. McCormicks all the way!

All i know is under McDonough, my property tax went from $9,000 to $14,000 over last four year, and it is still going up for more in 2010. I just do't think he can help us out from this crisis. I really doubt he is the man. McCormicks may not be the best candidate but also can not be worse than McDonough and his council members. If you have been to the town hall meeting, you would know the rudeness of our mayor and the councilman - Doran.