Town watchdog group

Guest John Leadbeater

Guest John Leadbeater

On Wednesday night a new group was formed as a watchdog of both the Town of Kearny and the Board of Education. The new group is called United Kearny Taxpayers Association. It is made up of Democrats, Republicans and Independants. We have only had 2 meetings so far and have already recruited over 100 people. Our next meeting is scheduled for September 22nd at the LCCC on Davis Avenue. Many topics were discussed and suggested ideas were put out there for all to opine about. We are looking at ALL the wasteful spending in OUR town. Just look at the amount of monies paid out to all the different attorneys both for the council and the board. How many lawsuits are out there right now and how much will they cost us in the future? Look at the amount of monies paid to the engineers for both groups. Then look at the wasteful spending{Harvey Field air conditioning or decreative stone placed at Veterans Field and bleachers put in front of the stone so that you never even know it was there} For years I have been accused of scaring people but once again everything I said during last years Mayoral election has come true. Mayor Santos said we had a surplus yet once again taxes have escalated out of control. There is no accountability. Politics as usual exists. Our mayor and council are furloughing employees yet they continue to hire. Why? I was told it was to catch up with the amount of backlog in the clerks office. Well 15 years ago or so we were sued for not having this rectified. Now years later we are in the same boat. Why? Employees are always blamed for everything but if you look closer you will see all the private contactors, hired by the town, and who they donate money too. When are we going to wake up? One true way of solving a major problem is to have our Board of Education elections held the same day as our council elections. In the past, during a board election maybe 1000 people come out and vote. Those 1000 people decide the tax rate for the other 44,000 people in town. This is a sham. Lets correct this as soon as possible. Not only would it bring out more voters but it would also save taxpayers money on not needing to pay board workers for that election. I can go on and on but once again I will be criticized here by the same old hats for the mayor, so I wont. If you would like to get involved call me at 201-997-3989 or 201-294-0738. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

P.S. I am planning an all out fight for this years council seats. We can make a difference by applying for absentee ballots and writing in the name of candidates in each ward. If you would like to be considered please call immediately. Thank you,

John

Guest The True Tea Partyer

The True Tea Partyer isn't John Leadbeater, who has had a disability pension paid by the taxpayer for over 10 years while running his private real estate company. This is taken from another thread:

Now, we have public employees and politicians like Leadbeater abusing the public disability system by taking disability, with all its advantages, while still being able to work. They are feeding at the public trough at the taxpayers expense. This abuse by some public employees and politicians is despicable and reprehensible.

And in Leadbetter's case its also hypocritical because he claims to be in favor of lower taxes and less government.

Guest John Leadbeater

The True Tea Partyer isn't John Leadbeater, who has had a disability pension paid by the taxpayer for over 10 years while running his private real estate company. This is taken from another thread:

Now, we have public employees and politicians like Leadbeater abusing the public disability system by taking disability, with all its advantages, while still being able to work. They are feeding at the public trough at the taxpayers expense. This abuse by some public employees and politicians is despicable and reprehensible.

And in Leadbetter's case its also hypocritical because he claims to be in favor of lower taxes and less government.

Once again I must defend myself against unknown or idiotic comments.

You do not know how I feel but I sure wish you could walk in my shoes for 24 hours. You would NEVER complain again.I worked from the time I was 7 and I worked 3 jobs for many years. Even after I was deemed disabled I went to work for another 13 years. You can talk about my real estate investing but that is just what it is. Investments just as if I were involved in the stock market. You pretend to know me but must be 1 of the people who lost money in the housing market. Answer this my friend, did I ask you to buy anything or did you beg me or a family member of mine to get involved? You are nothing but a hypocrite. I do believe in less government and lower taxes. Because I received a total disability does not make me one. I would give everything to have my health back and never miss a day of work.

Guest True Tea Partyer II

You do not know how I feel but I sure wish you could walk in my shoes for 24 hours. You would NEVER complain again.I worked from the time I was 7 and I worked 3 jobs for many years. Even after I was deemed disabled I went to work for another 13 years. You can talk about my real estate investing but that is just what it is. Investments just as if I were involved in the stock market. You pretend to know me but must be 1 of the people who lost money in the housing market. Answer this my friend, did I ask you to buy anything or did you beg me or a family member of mine to get involved? You are nothing but a hypocrite. I do believe in less government and lower taxes. Because I received a total disability does not make me one. I would give everything to have my health back and never miss a day of work.

A politician who's on "total disability"?? Only a politician like Leadbeater can split words and argue "total" doesn't mean "total" so that he can:

1. run a real estate company (flipping real estate and renting real estate as a landlord),

2. run for office several times in Kearny (for Mayor and Councilman),

3. open up a bike rental shop on the Wildwood boardwalk **** ** ********* ****.

It's all done as the taxpayer foots his "total disability" pension. I call it being on the public dole. If you want to be even more critical, you could also argue that calling a politician "disabled" is redundant.

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest On the Boardwalk

The Daggett campaign for Governor walked the Wildwood boardwalk last summer. Daggett took a photo with John Leadbeater at this bike rental shop and used it in his literature.

It's a small world.

What is it about the other post you don't understand or refuse to understand?

I remember disability pensions and disability pay was created to support those who cannot work due to their disability. That is why disability pensions are higher than regular pensions and which includes a lowered tax rate preferment. Disability pay is purposefully set higher than regular retirement pay, because it is to primarily replace the actual pay you would have collected if you could have worked.

What's idiotic about it? You're collecting a full disability pension while managing other careers.

Is your definition of disability different from the publics? Is your definition "Disabled means I'll collect even though I can still work."

To me, disabled means you can't work so you are given disability pay because you can't work. It does not mean collect disability while having other work careers. Since you can and do work, you should do the decent thing and stop collecting disability. If you did that we would take you seriously about cutting government costs.

What is it about the other post you don't understand or refuse to understand?

What's idiotic about it? You're collecting a full disability pension while managing other careers.

Is your definition of disability different from the publics? Is your definition "Disabled means I'll collect even though I can still work."

To me, disabled means you can't work so you are given disability pay because you can't work. It does not mean collect disability while having other work careers. Since you can and do work, you should do the decent thing and stop collecting disability. If you did that we would take you seriously about cutting government costs.

Port Authprity is a Private Entity..not a Givernment one. If you dont want to pay John's pension...dont ride the Trains to take the Bridges or tunnels...and Drive down to Philthy to fly.

Port Authprity is a Private Entity..not a Givernment one. If you dont want to pay John's pension...dont ride the Trains to take the Bridges or tunnels...and Drive down to Philthy to fly.

Yeah right.

Then why is the management appointed by the Governors of NJ and NY? Why does the PA budget and major capitol improvements have to be approved by both state governments? Its as much part of your government as your local school system is or your local independent of town hall public Water/Sewer authority is.

The PA is an instrumentality, a bi-state agency of NY and NJ. The PA is part of the public transit system of NY and NJ, just like NJ transit or the NY subways are. To argue that people ripping PA should not concern us, because its not government, is foolish, stupid and probably a disingenuous argument (because the PA really is government).

If you feel that money taken out isn't important, why not raise the salary of every worker at the PA to 250,000 and give them 6 weeks vacation? They'll all be happy, we'll probably get better service and we certainly won't have to worry about them going on strike. Or is it only OK take advantage of the system when its for the benefit of your politician friend John ?

Many of our problems are due to the rationalization for and the actual of wasting of money when its for someones benefit. If public government is loaded with the likes of you then we should not wonder why there is so much waste.

I have no problem with your friend, John, having a pension. My problem is why should the public be forced to support him on a disability pension when he's working at other careers? Disability pensions are meant for those who are incapable of working. Do you disagree with that?

The bs is your friend John soaking the system, which causes higher taxes or fees, while as a politician he's wailing about taxes.

Guest Irate Taxpayer and Toll Pa

The Port Authority is a GOVERNMENT agency. To be precise, it's an interstate government agency run by the States of New York and New Jersey. It's name is the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The Governors of New York and New Jersey appoint the governing board. Its web site is www.panynj.gov Notice the GOV web address.

It's my tolls at the bridges and tunnels. It's my taxes I have to pay on my plane tickets to use Newark or JFK or LaGuardia airports. It's my train fare on PATH. I have a right to comment on how my toll/tax/fare money is spent by GOVERNMENT.

• 1 month later...
Guest Political Observer

On Wednesday night a new group was formed as a watchdog of both the Town of Kearny and the Board of Education. The new group is called United Kearny Taxpayers Association. It is made up of Democrats, Republicans and Independants. We have only had 2 meetings so far and have already recruited over 100 people. Our next meeting is scheduled for September 22nd at the LCCC on Davis Avenue. Many topics were discussed and suggested ideas were put out there for all to opine about. We are looking at ALL the wasteful spending in OUR town. Just look at the amount of monies paid out to all the different attorneys both for the council and the board. How many lawsuits are out there right now and how much will they cost us in the future? Look at the amount of monies paid to the engineers for both groups. Then look at the wasteful spending{Harvey Field air conditioning or decreative stone placed at Veterans Field and bleachers put in front of the stone so that you never even know it was there} For years I have been accused of scaring people but once again everything I said during last years Mayoral election has come true. Mayor Santos said we had a surplus yet once again taxes have escalated out of control. There is no accountability. Politics as usual exists. Our mayor and council are furloughing employees yet they continue to hire. Why? I was told it was to catch up with the amount of backlog in the clerks office. Well 15 years ago or so we were sued for not having this rectified. Now years later we are in the same boat. Why? Employees are always blamed for everything but if you look closer you will see all the private contactors, hired by the town, and who they donate money too. When are we going to wake up? One true way of solving a major problem is to have our Board of Education elections held the same day as our council elections. In the past, during a board election maybe 1000 people come out and vote. Those 1000 people decide the tax rate for the other 44,000 people in town. This is a sham. Lets correct this as soon as possible. Not only would it bring out more voters but it would also save taxpayers money on not needing to pay board workers for that election. I can go on and on but once again I will be criticized here by the same old hats for the mayor, so I wont. If you would like to get involved call me at 201-997-3989 or 201-294-0738. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

P.S. I am planning an all out fight for this years council seats. We can make a difference by applying for absentee ballots and writing in the name of candidates in each ward. If you would like to be considered please call immediately. Thank you,

John

So how did John Leadbeater's write-in campaign work out? Did he get more than 3 write-in votes earlier this month?

Guest 3rd Warder

I heard he got 4 write-in votes.

The only 4 smart folks in town. Those 4 should be exempt from the increased taxes because they were smart enough to believe Leadbeater when he told them that the surplus was "smoke and mirrors" by King Santos.

Hey fireman and police officers, Are you happy now! Leadbeater told you the truth, you thought King Santos had your back. Guess what. He didn't. Grow up and be men. The rest of us can't take another tax increase. Taxes are killing us folks without jobs.

Bloomberg is closing firehouse in NY. Let's follow his lead and close firehouse in Kearny.

The only 4 smart folks in town. Those 4 should be exempt from the increased taxes because they were smart enough to believe Leadbeater when he told them that the surplus was "smoke and mirrors" by King Santos.

Hey fireman and police officers, Are you happy now! Leadbeater told you the truth, you thought King Santos had your back. Guess what. He didn't. Grow up and be men. The rest of us can't take another tax increase. Taxes are killing us folks without jobs.

Bloomberg is closing firehouse in NY. Let's follow his lead and close firehouse in Kearny.

Since you have all the answers, which one should be closed first; the one in your ward??

Guest jus sayin

"Hey fireman and police officers, Are you happy now! Leadbeater told you the truth, you thought King Santos had your back. Guess what. He didn't. Grow up and be men. The rest of us can't take another tax increase. Taxes are killing us folks without jobs."

To my knowledge neither the PBA nor the FMBA has endorsed any local candidate in many years. Especially Mayor, nor were we under any misguided illusions that he "had our backs" LOL!

As I've said in another thread the layoffs will occur (in my opinion) and so, you will get your wish.

Now the bad news.....

Your taxes are in fact going up, the maximum the cap will allow.

Now as far as manning up...

My family will have a roof over their heads and food to eat whether I work for the Town of Kearny and it's citizens or flipping burgers at BK, whatever it takes, and if that happens you won't find me on the net wishing for some other poor slob to lose his job.

No matter what happens to me or my brothers you still lose.

And I will provide for me and mine.

jus sayin

And I'll still survive.

"Hey fireman and police officers, Are you happy now! Leadbeater told you the truth, you thought King Santos had your back. Guess what. He didn't. Grow up and be men. The rest of us can't take another tax increase. Taxes are killing us folks without jobs."

To my knowledge neither the PBA nor the FMBA has endorsed any local candidate in many years. Especially Mayor, nor were we under any misguided illusions that he "had our backs" LOL!

As I've said in another thread the layoffs will occur (in my opinion) and so, you will get your wish.

Now the bad news.....

Your taxes are in fact going up, the maximum the cap will allow.

Now as far as manning up...

My family will have a roof over their heads and food to eat whether I work for the Town of Kearny and it's citizens or flipping burgers at BK, whatever it takes, and if that happens you won't find me on the net wishing for some other poor slob to lose his job.

No matter what happens to me or my brothers you still lose.

And I will provide for me and mine.

jus sayin

And I'll still survive.

And I am sure you will