Candidates' Platforms?

Guest guest

Just wondering, if either one of the candidates have said what they will try to accomplish in the next four years? Getting a business administrator with no political ties would be a good start. An elected Board of Education would be welcomed in the community. A revamped Recreation program would be a blessing. Are either of them making any campaign promises at all? Seems to me it will be more of the same no matter who gets elected if neither one of them have platforms.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Just wondering, if either one of the candidates have said what they will try to accomplish in the next four years? Getting a business administrator with no political ties would be a good start. An elected Board of Education would be welcomed in the community. A revamped Recreation program would be a blessing. Are either of them making any campaign promises at all? Seems to me it will be more of the same no matter who gets elected if neither one of them have platforms.

A recreation program in a town without grass, there's a clue on who to vote for.

Guest Pale Rider

You missed the boat again. Dan Kelly and McMole have been friends their whole lives. Why all of a sudden is Kelly running against him? Its simple even to the untrained eye. Kelly is on the ballot to split the challengers vote so Mcdonough will win. What is Kellys platform? Lower the alcohol tax to 1% in Harrison to further *** *********. McMole, in my opinion, offered him yet another no work job in return to be his confederate in this plot. As always in this life, follow the money and the answer will appear. Kelly gets a job, McMole stays in office. End of story. Ray Charles could have seen this one coming. They are duping the taxpayers again, most likely right into foreclosure. Think about it and the lightbulb over your head just might go on for once.

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: This post was edited for content.

Now that our CFO, Beth Higgins is retiring we most definitly need to look at all departments and put in place a business adminstrator as well as a purchasing department to curb our spending. the public needs to make sure that they are heard on what they want not what the politicians want. You speak of the Recreation department, and I too agree that this recreation dept. is a joke, closed on weekends, where do kids go?

Yeah maybe, but who in their right mind could vote for Kelly? Surely even the Maria haters couldn't bring themselves to vote for Kelly! The strategy is simple, if you don't want the McDumb contingent in again, vote for Maria and Company. Leave Kelly in the basement where he belongs.

A recreation program in a town without grass, there's a clue on who to vote for.

Is West Hudson park paved over? 40 of its 42 acres are in Harrison! Plus there are other small spots in town. Where do you live, Belmar?

Now that our CFO, Beth Higgins is retiring we most definitly need to look at all departments and put in place a business adminstrator as well as a purchasing department to curb our spending. the public needs to make sure that they are heard on what they want not what the politicians want. You speak of the Recreation department, and I too agree that this recreation dept. is a joke, closed on weekends, where do kids go?

Not just crazy that it is closed weekends. Have you seen the little cheerleaders practicing in front of the library because they can't be in the Rec. Center after it closes during the week? Wait until one of them cracks their heads open on the sidewalk. Heads will be rolling.

Not just crazy that it is closed weekends. Have you seen the little cheerleaders practicing in front of the library because they can't be in the Rec. Center after it closes during the week? Wait until one of them cracks their heads open on the sidewalk. Heads will be rolling.

I don't follow your logic here.

Cracking one's head open does not necessarily mean that said head will roll.

Bleed? Yes, I grant you that.

Roll? Well, not too sure about that.

No, I can't say I've ever seen a rolling, cracked head.

So what was it you were trying to say?

Gee whiz! Leave the kids alone. They are using their time productively and aren't bothering you. If they weren't there you would be complaining that they were hanging out on the streets. It's always something.

I don't follow your logic here.

Cracking one's head open does not necessarily mean that said head will roll.

Bleed? Yes, I grant you that.

Roll? Well, not too sure about that.

No, I can't say I've ever seen a rolling, cracked head.

So what was it you were trying to say?

You don't follow the logic because you are trying to make the post nonsensical. You are the only "Fool" here, however. If it was your little girl practicing on the concrete, I bet we'd hear you crabbing. The good news is that you are too miserable to have a child, or anyone else for that matter. Crawl back under your rock. The truth is, the Recreation Dept. in this Town S**ks. Move the classrooms out of the Community Center and run a real rec program. Get rid of the dead wood there. That's the biggest waste on the payroll but nothing ever gets done about that. Why? Inquiring minds want to know. Put some young people in there with energy and ideas.

Gee whiz! Leave the kids alone. They are using their time productively and aren't bothering you. If they weren't there you would be complaining that they were hanging out on the streets. It's always something.

Are you for real? What the poster is saying is that the kids should be practicing in the Community Center where they will be safe. Instead, they are in the Library Park where they could fall and crack their little heads open. Get the picture now? By the way, their parents pay a good amount of money for all of their equipment. Where does the recreation money go? They have a pretty hefty budget from what I hear. How much do they collect from those snack and soda machines? None of this is accounted for, is it? Time to get some answers, BEFORE THE ELECTION!

Are you for real? What the poster is saying is that the kids should be practicing in the Community Center where they will be safe. Instead, they are in the Library Park where they could fall and crack their little heads open. Get the picture now? By the way, their parents pay a good amount of money for all of their equipment. Where does the recreation money go? They have a pretty hefty budget from what I hear. How much do they collect from those snack and soda machines? None of this is accounted for, is it? Time to get some answers, BEFORE THE ELECTION!

25 DOLLARS IS NOT GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY ITS PRETTY CHEAP COMPARED TO OTHER TOWNS,AND DID YOU EVER THINK THAT THE CHEERLEADERS AND COACHES WANT TO PRACTICE OUTSIDE, I KNOW THEY PRACTICE INSIDE MOST OF THE WEEK AND HAVE SCHEDULE TIMES TO PRATICE THERE SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM , THE SNACK MONEY GOES RIGHT TO THE TOWN TREASURY BY CHECK FROM THE VENDING COMPANY SO IT IS ACCOUNTED FOR, AND IF YOU WANT ANSWERS GO TO THE MAYOR OR TOWN MEETING FOR THEM AND ASK ,NOW IS THAT HARD

25 DOLLARS IS NOT GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY ITS PRETTY CHEAP COMPARED TO OTHER TOWNS,AND DID YOU EVER THINK THAT THE CHEERLEADERS AND COACHES WANT TO PRACTICE OUTSIDE, I KNOW THEY PRACTICE INSIDE MOST OF THE WEEK AND HAVE SCHEDULE TIMES TO PRATICE THERE SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM , THE SNACK MONEY GOES RIGHT TO THE TOWN TREASURY BY CHECK FROM THE VENDING COMPANY SO IT IS ACCOUNTED FOR, AND IF YOU WANT ANSWERS GO TO THE MAYOR OR TOWN MEETING FOR THEM AND ASK ,NOW IS THAT HARD

Well you have either been asking where is spent or you are a town employee. I did not post to make you upset as you sound, but I did to find out how this money is spent. Afterall this is our community and one should be aware how our money is spent. You are right it is not hard, but the answer is alway "I'LL LOOK INTO IT" or "I'LL GET BACK TO YOU", this is from our Mayor and my representative Councilman. So you understand my posting and asking, I GET NO ANSWERS. Even the head of recreation Mr. B refers me to the mayor. Everything just seems so secretive in Harrison. And you are also right that $25 dollars is very reasonable compared to other towns, but if you have 4 children and your husband just lost his job and your hours were cut, then you would say YES IT IS ALOT FOR NOW IN OUR SITUATION. Thank you, and you need not to be so loud and on the defensive about a post.

Well you have either been asking where is spent or you are a town employee. I did not post to make you upset as you sound, but I did to find out how this money is spent. Afterall this is our community and one should be aware how our money is spent. You are right it is not hard, but the answer is alway "I'LL LOOK INTO IT" or "I'LL GET BACK TO YOU", this is from our Mayor and my representative Councilman. So you understand my posting and asking, I GET NO ANSWERS. Even the head of recreation Mr. B refers me to the mayor. Everything just seems so secretive in Harrison. And you are also right that $25 dollars is very reasonable compared to other towns, but if you have 4 children and your husband just lost his job and your hours were cut, then you would say YES IT IS ALOT FOR NOW IN OUR SITUATION. Thank you, and you need not to be so loud and on the defensive about a post.

Yes your right i've been asking where the money goes and that's what i've been told that its goes directly to the town and hopefully deposited in the Recreation account. If you have a problem paying for your children with your financial problem go talk to the Mayor or Recreation Chairman i'm sure arrangements would be made they would make sure your children get to play whatever sport they want to with no problems hope your husband gets rehired or finds a new job