BOE Gossip

Guest Mom

Apparently there is a mom in town who has all the scoop on the BOE, even before the BOE. This mom has been making phone calls telling anyone who would listen how the BOE has wronged her. How you say? Well apparently this mom feels she is entitled to a job, and is mad that other people who have worked part time for the district got the job, she feels should be hers, over her. How dare the BOE promote people! Just who do they think they are!

Apparently there is a mom in town who has all the scoop on the BOE, even before the BOE. This mom has been making phone calls telling anyone who would listen how the BOE has wronged her. How you say? Well apparently this mom feels she is entitled to a job, and is mad that other people who have worked part time for the district got the job, she feels should be hers, over her. How dare the BOE promote people! Just who do they think they are!

No matter who is hired for any position, there will always be disgruntled applicants who believe they would be better for the job than the candidate selected. It's funniest when those who aren't even qualified and don't apply for the job complain about who was selected.

Something about FD - he has a huge ego. If he is hiring and promoting people, he does it based on how successful they will make HIM look. He surrounds himself with qualified, hard working people. He is a smart and strategic administrator. He will not put up with anyone (friend or employee) that makes him look bad. If his goal is to raise scores and improve education in Kearny - he will only promote people that will work towards that goal for and with him.

Y r u worry about a mother pining for a job? that is a good thing! What about the lying BOE member who lives on ******* ****** and bringing prostitutes to his house? This guy has no reason other than to get cushy jobs for his friends in the school district. there was also another BOE member that recently had *** home foreclosed on. first Get the * & * brothers off the BOE and maybe we can start in a direction that benefits the kids.

Guest Dictator

When you say the BOE, do you mean the members of the BOE or the Superintendent? because all decisions, promotions, hiring are made by the Super, if you don't believe that ask around.

When you say the BOE, do you mean the members of the BOE or the Superintendent? because all decisions, promotions, hiring are made by the Super, if you don't believe that ask around.

This mom is blaming the BOE. Telling anyone and everyone that will listen that she is the best for the jobs that are/were available. The only person she hasn't said anything to is the Superintent. Why doesn't she go to a BOE meeting and fill everyone in on how she is better than ALL the people who work for the school district.

Guest More Change
This mom is blaming the BOE. Telling anyone and everyone that will listen that she is the best for the jobs that are/were available. The only person she hasn't said anything to is the Superintent. Why doesn't she go to a BOE meeting and fill everyone in on how she is better than ALL the people who work for the school district.

Until the public votes more NEW people onto the BOE business will be as usual, hire friends and family. Take an interest and make a difference, vote new blood onto the BOE. The existing BOE, with the exception of some new members, does not hire, as per requirements, the most qualified applicant, but who is a friend or family member. The Super and his bobbleheads pass through whoever they want!! It is a slap in the face to the public!!!

Until the public votes more NEW people onto the BOE business will be as usual, hire friends and family. Take an interest and make a difference, vote new blood onto the BOE. The existing BOE, with the exception of some new members, does not hire, as per requirements, the most qualified applicant, but who is a friend or family member. The Super and his bobbleheads pass through whoever they want!! It is a slap in the face to the public!!!

That's the point - there are so few qualified people willing to run for the BOE that we are left with the "same old, same old" every year. 25 years ago the "pillars of society" in Kearny ran our board - we still had doctors and lawyers from the community using their brains and business expertise and giving it back to the community without revenge or personal gain on their agendas. :lol:

You are missing the point. This mom wants a job, understandable. This mom states "I am better than everyone who works for the BOE". This mom contacts people who may "know" people to bad mouth the people that have been appointed. Grow up, get on your big girl panties. If this mom is that qualified, she shouldn't have a problem getting a job anywhere. Yet she just sits and waits for a job to be handed to her. How sad.

You are missing the point. This mom wants a job, understandable. This mom states "I am better than everyone who works for the BOE". This mom contacts people who may "know" people to bad mouth the people that have been appointed. Grow up, get on your big girl panties. If this mom is that qualified, she shouldn't have a problem getting a job anywhere. Yet she just sits and waits for a job to be handed to her. How sad.

Oh trouble follows her just like her shadow. One friend will not help you! You will only end up ruining your friend.

A couple of questions for the "mom," has she been on the sub-list for the past year or so? Has she ever accepted a long-term sub job? How long has she been interviewing for positions with the Kearny BOE? AND, most importantly, what exactly makes her better than the other candidates? Be specific please.

I know of three young ladies who WERE hired that have been subbing in Kearny for a while - two of which I have heard great things about them from parents (the girls took long term maternity positions) of the kids they worked with. The other one I don't have any personal information for except that I know she's been subbing for at least a year.

A couple of questions for the "mom," has she been on the sub-list for the past year or so? Has she ever accepted a long-term sub job? How long has she been interviewing for positions with the Kearny BOE? AND, most importantly, what exactly makes her better than the other candidates? Be specific please.

I know of three young ladies who WERE hired that have been subbing in Kearny for a while - two of which I have heard great things about them from parents (the girls took long term maternity positions) of the kids they worked with. The other one I don't have any personal information for except that I know she's been subbing for at least a year.

The answer to all of the above questions: NO.

I think you should sub before you are put in a class. This way, the higher ups know exactly what you are capable of. Same thing for secretary positions, use temps or promote aids that are qualified. Some aids have worked in offices before becoming stay at home moms and once the kids were older, they went back to work as aids. They are "getting their foot in the door". Custodians are highers on a part time basis to see how they do. If they are right for the job, they eventually get promoted full time.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that this mom, doesn't want to pay her dues, be it in the classroom, office or custodial staff. She just wants a job and that's all there is to it.

The answer to all of the above questions: NO.

I think you should sub before you are put in a class. This way, the higher ups know exactly what you are capable of. Same thing for secretary positions, use temps or promote aids that are qualified. Some aids have worked in offices before becoming stay at home moms and once the kids were older, they went back to work as aids. They are "getting their foot in the door". Custodians are highers on a part time basis to see how they do. If they are right for the job, they eventually get promoted full time.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that this mom, doesn't want to pay her dues, be it in the classroom, office or custodial staff. She just wants a job and that's all there is to it.

I thought not. Say what you want - Kearny does hire from within most of the time. :rolleyes: