Kearny Schools

Guest Guest

Who is the new Supervisor of Foreign Languages?

Also what is this new position "Director of Curriculum Secondary Educ. Gr. 6-12"? Shouldn't it be the job of VP of Academics to set the curriculum for the high school?

Guest Middle School

Also what is this new position "Director of Curriculum Secondary Educ. Gr. 6-12"? Shouldn't it be the job of VP of Academics to set the curriculum for the high school?

Don't know about the language job, but the new position you are right, the VP should be doing this job. This is all about Mr. Digesere adding another $140,000.00 position, probably for a friend or family member that is already being done. Also, this is him getting set up for the transition to a MIDDLE SCHOOL.

You should talk to some board members and asked them what they found out about Mr. Digesere lying, specifically about the middle school and how he said he never discussed, looked into or acted on anything relating to a middle school. I think you will be amazed at what was uncovered.

they r laying off cops and firemen and adding BOE stuff. amazing what is stolen

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are the superintendents cousin, Vinny Bagodoughnuts, his best friend, Tony Soprano and his college roommate, Tony Montana. Hey forget about it, there is nothing we can do he is King.

Edited by KOTW
Please note bad attempt at humor.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Again the kids are at risk

Money, money money, that's all anyone talks about and we the taxpayers don't know who to believe. My daughter told me that my granddaughter is now in danger of being hurt at lunch time because the superintendent cut the lunch supervisors pay by $500,000.00 because it was the safety of the kids or 10 teachers jobs. Well I sat at a meeting and was told that if the budget passed then no teachers would lose their jobs! Now every school is working the lunch program with a reduction in teachers causing aids to watch the children at lunch and not teachers. And I don't want some smart__ _ _ board member saying that's not true because 4 aids no teachers are watching the kids at Roosevelt and they play on play equipment. Well when asked several members about the cut in the program they said they had no idea about the cut. Well let me tell any parent that is reading this that there are also NO NO NO nurses on duty at lunch because they were also in the cut budget!!!!! How do you parent allow this to happen? Get out there and start asking who's watching your child at lunch 100 kids to one teacher I'm sure an abduction would be real easy to pull off with only one teacher watching all those kids. Where is the money really going is another question to ask. Go to a board meeting and ask them "to show you the money"!!! Ten teacher I doubt it it must be a bank roll for some shortage they have somewhere else but our kids are the one's paying for it!! $500,000 for safety or millions in the first lawsuit that's filed because of bad budgeting Don't ask me to vote yes ever again!!!

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: The above facts have not been verified by KOTW.

Guest Super Lies

How can the BOE say that 10 teachers jobs were going to be cut when the budget PASSED? There was going to be no reductions in staff or programs if the budget passed. last I checked the voters approved the budget. Did I miss something or is this just more smoke and mirrors by the super?

As a taxpayer, if this is true, than the public should demand to know the following:

1- How could teachers be facing layoffs?

2- Why is the safety of our children be put in jeopardy?

3- Where is the money being saved going to?

4- Who made this decision?

How can the BOE say that 10 teachers jobs were going to be cut when the budget PASSED? There was going to be no reductions in staff or programs if the budget passed. last I checked the voters approved the budget. Did I miss something or is this just more smoke and mirrors by the super?

As a taxpayer, if this is true, than the public should demand to know the following:

1- How could teachers be facing layoffs?

2- Why is the safety of our children be put in jeopardy?

3- Where is the money being saved going to?

4- Who made this decision?

There were no teacher layoffs. The BOE in an effort to control costs, decided to use a mix of teachers and aids to monitor the lunch program. No one is putting children in jeopardy.

It's very sad and an insult to the people of Kearny when someone with their own agenda attempts to put the spin on something and distorts the issue in order to promote their own agenda.

YOU ARE HURTING CHILDREN AND EDUCATION!

Guest Smoke and Mirrors

There were no teacher layoffs. The BOE in an effort to control costs, decided to use a mix of teachers and aids to monitor the lunch program. No one is putting children in jeopardy.

It's very sad and an insult to the people of Kearny when someone with their own agenda attempts to put the spin on something and distorts the issue in order to promote their own agenda.

YOU ARE HURTING CHILDREN AND EDUCATION!

When did the BOE decide to implement this plan? Why were people told that 10 teachers would get laid off if this plan was not carried out?

Kids are not in jeopary? Ask around there have been some very serious injuries to some children already and the school year just started!

You need to stop drinking the cool-aid and face the reality. This is not someones own agenda, understand the difference! No spin on things, no agenda, no distorting the the issue, just the TRUTH!

The real agenda is YOUR own!

When did the BOE decide to implement this plan? Why were people told that 10 teachers would get laid off if this plan was not carried out?

Kids are not in jeopary? Ask around there have been some very serious injuries to some children already and the school year just started!

You need to stop drinking the cool-aid and face the reality. This is not someones own agenda, understand the difference! No spin on things, no agenda, no distorting the the issue, just the TRUTH!

The real agenda is YOUR own!

Excuse me, did the Board of Ed decide to have your child? No, you did. So, parents of all these children need to take responsibility for them, pick them up at lunch & bring them home, and take them back. Very simple. If you can't afford to have children, don't have them. And if you do, don't blame everybody else for not watching your kids. Your divorced? Too bad! You still have the responsibility of making sure your own children are taken care of. Period! Don't expect the government; i.e., a Board of Ed or the town you live in, to take care of your children. Period! Parents take heed, if there have been injuries, work part-time, work from home, spend less, cook your own meals, do whatever you have to do to take care of your children. Sorry, but people have to stop depending on the government to take care of all of their needs. Simple.

Guest Observer

Excuse me, did the Board of Ed decide to have your child? No, you did. So, parents of all these children need to take responsibility for them, pick them up at lunch & bring them home, and take them back. Very simple. If you can't afford to have children, don't have them. And if you do, don't blame everybody else for not watching your kids. Your divorced? Too bad! You still have the responsibility of making sure your own children are taken care of. Period! Don't expect the government; i.e., a Board of Ed or the town you live in, to take care of your children. Period! Parents take heed, if there have been injuries, work part-time, work from home, spend less, cook your own meals, do whatever you have to do to take care of your children. Sorry, but people have to stop depending on the government to take care of all of their needs. Simple.

I usually sit back and read these posts, but this one is crazy. What are you talking about? You are so far off point!

I have an even better solution. This is what we should do: Every single child in Kearny should get home schooled. If the parent is not capable of performing the home schooling we can give them financial assistance to pay someone to do it for them. The way we do this is simple, currently the BOE has an $86,000,000.00 budget, and I thought your post was crazy! Now we get rid of the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, teachers, aides, secretaries, custodial, maint, sell the buildings and property. Now we start from scratch, absolutely no politics, BS, and positively no WASTE! We now have all the money in the bank from the sale of all assets and we raise the needed funds for home schooling through local taxes, just like we do for the BOE now. So it might cost about, on the high side, $20,000,000.00. Hey, this can be done! Taxes for Kearny homeowners will go down about 40%! No more overpaid, underworked, administrators, no more friends and family programs, ( and I don't mean verizons plan) no more created positions.

So you might be off your rocker, but I can do pretty well myself.

I usually sit back and read these posts, but this one is crazy. What are you talking about? You are so far off point!

I have an even better solution. This is what we should do: Every single child in Kearny should get home schooled. If the parent is not capable of performing the home schooling we can give them financial assistance to pay someone to do it for them. The way we do this is simple, currently the BOE has an $86,000,000.00 budget, and I thought your post was crazy! Now we get rid of the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, teachers, aides, secretaries, custodial, maint, sell the buildings and property. Now we start from scratch, absolutely no politics, BS, and positively no WASTE! We now have all the money in the bank from the sale of all assets and we raise the needed funds for home schooling through local taxes, just like we do for the BOE now. So it might cost about, on the high side, $20,000,000.00. Hey, this can be done! Taxes for Kearny homeowners will go down about 40%! No more overpaid, underworked, administrators, no more friends and family programs, ( and I don't mean verizons plan) no more created positions.

So you might be off your rocker, but I can do pretty well myself.

Who said anything about the school day? The poster responded to a post that talked about lunch time supervision and injuries. All of you complain about the Board of Ed, how they waste money and now that they are not spending money to watch your children at lunch time, all of a sudden now it's a different story. Well as a taxpayer I too object to having to pay teachers to watch your children at lunch time. How many of you parents are home and still don't let your kids come home for lunch?

Can someone explain the logic of combining the Supervisor of Social Sciences and World Languages, two completely different topics in order to create a new position of Director of Curriculum 6-12, which the VP of Curriculum at the HS should be doing? So now the Supervisor of Social Science has two jobs with one salary, the HS VP of Curriculum has nothing to do, and a new position is created that is not needed. We need a change of leadership at the BOE.