fight

Guest *anonymous*

Guest *anonymous*

Why have the Kearny FF decided to fight for more personnel rather than for random mandatory drug testing to weed out the bad apples. In my opinion, the word is they wanted $5,000.00 extra per man to deal with the stress of hair follicle drug testing. THAT says it all! The town buckled to the fire gods as usual. Too much nepotism, cronyism, and any kind of ...ism you can imagine. Just think of it. A grown man afraid to get drug tested. How cowardly and embarrasing.

Guest bobby belgrove
Why have the Kearny FF decided to fight for more personnel rather than for random mandatory drug testing to weed out the bad apples. In my opinion, the word is they wanted $5,000.00 extra per man to deal with the stress of hair follicle drug testing. THAT says it all! The town buckled to the fire gods as usual. Too much nepotism, cronyism, and any kind of ...ism you can imagine. Just think of it. A grown man afraid to get drug tested. How cowardly and embarrasing.

geez...I dont know anything about the fire department. But if the town of kearny has enough money for hair testing, I want my street cleaned more and want more snow plows working on Belgrove drive. Im all for having good people protecting me, but they are already working here, seems like a waste of money to me.

Guest Guest

It has been said that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

No part of your post is accurate, and I know people with first hand knowledge of the situation.

Guest concerned taxpayer

Are you kidding me? You are completely off base on this subject. The KFD is subject to the same drug and alcohol screening as the rest of the town employees. And worried about hair follicle testing, have you seen most of our firemen most dont have much hair. Most have been burnt off in the fire. And of course they are going to fight for more personnel. Without the proper amount of firemen on the job who is going to pull your uneducated butt of out the fire. Pay your taxes like the rest of us and be greatful that we have the services we do.

Guest 2smart4u

"fire gods" ?? That reflects a certain animosity toward the firefighters. I'm wondering if you're not one of the (few) cops in town that are jealous and resentful of the FD for whatever reasons they may have.

Guest Guest
Are you kidding me? You are completely off base on this subject. The KFD is subject to the same drug and alcohol screening as the rest of the town employees. And worried about hair follicle testing, have you seen most of our firemen most dont have much hair. Most have been burnt off in the fire. And of course they are going to fight for more personnel. Without the proper amount of firemen on the job who is going to pull your uneducated butt of out the fire. Pay your taxes like the rest of us and be greatful that we have the services we do.

THE FIREMAN IN TOWN WITH NO HAIR MUST HAVE LOST IT BY STANDING TO CLOSE TO THE FLAMES ON THEIR BBQ GRILLS,OR LOST IT WITH TOO MUCH TIME RESTING THEIR COLLECTIVE HEADS ON THOSE BIG COMFY PILLOWS IN THE FIREHOUSE.

Guest PDBlue
"fire gods" ?? That reflects a certain animosity toward the firefighters. I'm wondering if you're not one of the (few) cops in town that are jealous and resentful of the FD for whatever reasons they may have.

Knock that nonsense off. this is Kearny NOT harrison. there isnt the animosity between the PD and the FD here. YES we kid with each other, and yes there have been issues back and orth but we dont air our dirty laundry here.... I normally agree with you most of the time, and frankly enjoy the way you crank up the sheep, but you are WAY off base with this.

Guest Guest

How long did it take you to come up with that nonsense. You apparently have no clue of what goes on in this town so keep your false statements to yourself and stop slandering people who are here to protect us. You make me sick.

Guest Guest
THE FIREMAN IN TOWN WITH NO HAIR MUST HAVE LOST IT BY STANDING TO CLOSE TO THE FLAMES ON THEIR BBQ GRILLS,OR LOST IT WITH TOO MUCH TIME RESTING THEIR COLLECTIVE HEADS ON THOSE BIG COMFY PILLOWS IN THE FIREHOUSE.

Sounds like one of those jealous and resentful cops?

This entire thread seems bogus to me. Once again, I can't see the point in the administrator screening posts if he is going to let every crazy comment through. In matters of national politics, I don't really have an issue with incredible content; however, when it comes to discussing topics related to our friends and neighbors, and their jobs, then I really think it would be imperative to force posters to cite something (anything!) to go with their claims. This board was better when comments went through right away. Of course, we understand why some comments have to be screened. So start screening crap if it's crap. Don't put a delay on comments for absolutely no reason, as you've been doing for what feels like years.

Solution: Force users to register and punish those who publish slanderous or offensive content. Then, you can have a faster moving debate and less crap.

Guest Guest
Knock that nonsense off. this is Kearny NOT harrison. there isnt the animosity between the PD and the FD here. YES we kid with each other, and yes there have been issues back and orth but we dont air our dirty laundry here.... I normally agree with you most of the time, and frankly enjoy the way you crank up the sheep, but you are WAY off base with this.

Best post of the thread, IMO. Friendly banter, yes, but no animosity towards one another.