KPD KFD Layoffs

Guest Concerned

Guest Concerned

Does anyone know of a meeting that was held last week in regard to laying off police and fire? Is this a safe option for our town? Dont know how safe i feel not knowing that the town will be unprotected. As a taxpayer i hope i get a chance to have my concerns heard.

Guest Guest

There is no reason to have all the deputy chiefs we do in the police department. Hopefully they dont cut patrolmen, cut the fat up at the top, plus we will save more $$$. The overtime the police get is ridiculous. That is some racket they have! Same with KFD, make the cuts up top and slide firemen up at a lower rate. Get rid of the excess VP's in the High School so we can reduce payroll in the BOE budget as well. All this would be academic if we brought industry back to South Kearny... Hey, wouldn't the Red Bulls Stadium have looked nice in South Kearny?

Guest Guest
There is no reason to have all the deputy chiefs we do in the police department. Hopefully they dont cut patrolmen, cut the fat up at the top, plus we will save more $$$. The overtime the police get is ridiculous. That is some racket they have! Same with KFD, make the cuts up top and slide firemen up at a lower rate. Get rid of the excess VP's in the High School so we can reduce payroll in the BOE budget as well. All this would be academic if we brought industry back to South Kearny... Hey, wouldn't the Red Bulls Stadium have looked nice in South Kearny?

They could end all overtime for the police department by changing the schedule just like the fire department did. The fire department gets not overtime at all anymore. It would have the same effect on the police department, while not cutting out overtime for court , it would end all the other overtime by having over lapping shifts..The town doesn't want to hear it though. Seems they are serious about firing people but won't even look at ways they could save probably 800k a year.

And if you look up any information on Stadiums and their effect on cities they are in, statistics show they never generate money for the towns and usually wind up costing them money. Most stadiums do not pay taxes (pretty sure harrison gave the red bulls a sweet deal).

• 3 weeks later...
They could end all overtime for the police department by changing the schedule just like the fire department did. The fire department gets not overtime at all anymore. It would have the same effect on the police department, while not cutting out overtime for court , it would end all the other overtime by having over lapping shifts..The town doesn't want to hear it though. Seems they are serious about firing people but won't even look at ways they could save probably 800k a year.

And if you look up any information on Stadiums and their effect on cities they are in, statistics show they never generate money for the towns and usually wind up costing them money. Most stadiums do not pay taxes (pretty sure harrison gave the red bulls a sweet deal).

The firemen, I hate even call them that because they mostly sleep and eat, should have drastic and immediate salary cuts in the 50% range and it would not make a damn difference to the safety of the town. These tall tales and war stories are what they hand their hat on. I have yet in my considerable time on this earth seen a fireman run into a burning building in a West Hudson town. Where do they get thid crap from? Oh yea, from their mommies. The end.

Guest Guest
The firemen, I hate even call them that because they mostly sleep and eat, should have drastic and immediate salary cuts in the 50% range and it would not make a damn difference to the safety of the town. These tall tales and war stories are what they hand their hat on. I have yet in my considerable time on this earth seen a fireman run into a burning building in a West Hudson town. Where do they get thid crap from? Oh yea, from their mommies. The end.

Well if you observe things as well as you can speak english then it's no shock you have failed to see fire fighters from Kearny and Harrison run into burning buildings. I guess your third grade education makes you believe that the fires just go out magically.