BOE Meeting

Guest Parent Watching

Guest Parent Watching

It was nice to see a large turnout at tonights meeting. The community banded together and rallied strong support for our Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Digesere. However, it was really sad to see a divided BOE not working together for our children. Too many individual agendas working against the greater good. More than a few BOE members were put on notice by the people in attendance. I hope they heard the message. Our children come first!

Guest guest
It was nice to see a large turnout at tonights meeting. The community banded together and rallied strong support for our Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Digesere. However, it was really sad to see a divided BOE not working together for our children. Too many individual agendas working against the greater good. More than a few BOE members were put on notice by the people in attendance. I hope they heard the message. Our children come first!

Where was the meeting held?What secret spot was the meeting held at?

Guest Parent with an Agenda

Rallied strong for our Supt, Mr. Digesere? Do you realize that your Supt. decided to leave on HIS OWN, no one forced him out, it was his choice. It is sad to see adults all worried about themselves with no thoughts of children in mind at all. It's all about who can get what from Frank by sucking up to him....no children in mind. It's about who needs a job, a promotion, a favor, etc....no children in mind. If you think anything else you're only fooling yourself. What is really sad is that you and many others can not see through the $hit that is put in front of you. You're probably one of Frank's cheerleaders so nothing that is written here will matter to you, but facts are facts whether you accept them or not. What is really interesting is how some people have information that is CONFIDENTIAL, how and who leaked it? Why do Town Council people have so much of an interest in BOE issues? Jobs and appointments! A divided board does not mean that they are not working for your children, you are entitled to your opinion on issues as they are entitled to the same. So keep you BS statement about children coming first. Children are very rarely part of the equation. As far as putting a few BOE members "on notice", I think the public has made a statement already by voting in (2) new members with very large poll numbers. If you had any sense you would realize that those two guys are by far the most sincere of all the members, they will make decisions which will benefit OUR CHILDREN not adult agendas.

Guest Retirement Again

And I hope you fools who actually believe he is here for the children return to another BOE meeting in a month when your Superintendent puts in his papers to retire again. You can all thank him and cheer when he decides it is in his best financial interest to retire once again and mid year no less. Maybe you can all rally again and take up a collection to offset what he will be losing in his pension so than maybe he will stay and save us all. I hope you hear this message, Mr. Digesere will not complete his contract by his own choice. He will do what he must for his own good and the children, teachers, administrators will all suffer. So I hope you all can band together again and provide a solution when this happens because you all seem to have the answers as to what is the best thing to do for the district.

Guest Take A Deep Breath
Rallied strong for our Supt, Mr. Digesere? Do you realize that your Supt. decided to leave on HIS OWN, no one forced him out, it was his choice. It is sad to see adults all worried about themselves with no thoughts of children in mind at all. It's all about who can get what from Frank by sucking up to him....no children in mind. It's about who needs a job, a promotion, a favor, etc....no children in mind. If you think anything else you're only fooling yourself. What is really sad is that you and many others can not see through the $hit that is put in front of you. You're probably one of Frank's cheerleaders so nothing that is written here will matter to you, but facts are facts whether you accept them or not. What is really interesting is how some people have information that is CONFIDENTIAL, how and who leaked it? Why do Town Council people have so much of an interest in BOE issues? Jobs and appointments! A divided board does not mean that they are not working for your children, you are entitled to your opinion on issues as they are entitled to the same. So keep you BS statement about children coming first. Children are very rarely part of the equation. As far as putting a few BOE members "on notice", I think the public has made a statement already by voting in (2) new members with very large poll numbers. If you had any sense you would realize that those two guys are by far the most sincere of all the members, they will make decisions which will benefit OUR CHILDREN not adult agendas.

You're right. No one forced him out, it was his choice. It was also his choice to stay. He has a contract and he's here for the children of Kearny.

How does CONFIDENTIAL information gets out, how and who leaked it? Why not start by asking the guy on the board with the ethics charges against him. After every BOE meeting he preaches to an audience and gives an instant replay about what happened in the meeting including CONFIDENTIAL issues. Why not ask him first? Why not ask the teachers and parents who attend the meetings next and hear him? Its not rocket science but the BOE has closed sessions for a reason.

A statement was made that more than a few BOE members were put on notice by the people in attendance. How did that translate into the public has made a statement already by voting in (2) new members with very large poll numbers? The people in the audience were directing their dissatisfaction at the two new members. With the room packed, it seems like a large number of dissatisfied people, mostly from their own supporters.

No BS. All BOE members need to put our kids FIRST!!!

Guest Guest
Where was the meeting held?What secret spot was the meeting held at?

It wasn't a secret - it was clearly posted in LARGE letters on the home page of kearnyschools.com.

Check out the sight to see what's going on - both in district and in individual schools.

Have a great day! :ph34r:

Guest Guest

A statement was made that more than a few BOE members were put on notice by the people in attendance. How did that translate into the public has made a statement already by voting in (2) new members with very large poll numbers? The people in the audience were directing their dissatisfaction at the two new members. With the room packed, it seems like a large number of dissatisfied people, mostly from their own supporters.

ALL board members should be sitting in the board room looking over their shoulders worrying about their positions. The ALL need to know that they will have to answer for their actions. EVERY board member who is not acting in the best interest of ALL children and ALL of our school needs to be voted out the following April. Maybe when it becomes clear that we will not tolerate self-serving politicians, qualified, altruistic candidates will come out feeling that they can really DO something without having to put up with the greedy and self-serving board members.

BTW - I am not saying that all of our board is self-serving, we just need to let those that are that we are watching them and they will be called on it.

Guest Guest
You're right. No one forced him out, it was his choice. It was also his choice to stay. He has a contract and he's here for the children of Kearny.

How does CONFIDENTIAL information gets out, how and who leaked it? Why not start by asking the guy on the board with the ethics charges against him. After every BOE meeting he preaches to an audience and gives an instant replay about what happened in the meeting including CONFIDENTIAL issues. Why not ask him first? Why not ask the teachers and parents who attend the meetings next and hear him? Its not rocket science but the BOE has closed sessions for a reason.

What baloney. I guess they were putting your kids first when they made Carol Jean's son-in-law principal at Roosevelt. It's almost never about the kids, it's about who knows who.

Guest Citizen Without an Agenda

There are only two members of the current Town Council who have had family members hired or promoted by Mr. DiGesere (their children). Both Council members attended the Board of Education meeting on Wednesday. The seven others did not. I think Parent with an Agenda makes a good point.

Guest Guest
There are only two members of the current Town Council who have had family members hired or promoted by Mr. DiGesere (their children). Both Council members attended the Board of Education meeting on Wednesday. The seven others did not. I think Parent with an Agenda makes a good point.

Only two? Is that not enough for you?

Politics is alive and well in Kearny.

Guest Agenda Follow Up
Only two? Is that not enough for you?

Politics is alive and well in Kearny.

Since there are 8 council people and the mayor, I'd say 2 of 9 won't have an impact on town government. I also don't think the Board of education should be concerned about those 2 since one of them won't get involved in a board election and the other one won't do anything more than MAYBE putting up a sign and MAYBE (if her girlfriend reminds her) showing up at a meet and greet for her preferred slate of candidates.

I agree that councilpeople bringing in politics or intimidation or whatever you want to call it into a board decision is wrong. But seriously, I don't think those 2 councilpeople will have an impact on next year's board election. And if anyone on the board is really worried about that kind of thing, then they should also consider what the 6 other councilpeople and the mayor think about this. I'm told that the 2 that went asked other councilpeople and the mayor to attend but they said no. What does that tell you?

Guest Free

ALL board members should be sitting in the board room looking over their shoulders worrying about their positions. The ALL need to know that they will have to answer for their actions. EVERY board member who is not acting in the best interest of ALL children and ALL of our school needs to be voted out the following April. Maybe when it becomes clear that we will not tolerate self-serving politicians, qualified, altruistic candidates will come out feeling that they can really DO something without having to put up with the greedy and self-serving board members.

BTW - I am not saying that all of our board is self-serving, we just need to let those that are that we are watching them and they will be called on it.

Looking over their shoulders????? Why don't you run for the board, it is a real high paying job. :blink:

Guest Guest
Looking over their shoulders????? Why don't you run for the board, it is a real high paying job. :blink:

I don't want to be on the board. You aren't getting my post. ALL elected officials need to work for the good of the community, their constituents, or be replaced. Too often, both the officials and the constituency forget that the job of the officials is to work for the betterment of all. When elected officials either run for office or work in their position for personal reasons (jobs for family members, revenge against teachers, administrators, other elected officials etc.) we need to recognize this and remove them from office at the first opportunity. I don't have a grudge or agenda, I feel that this should be the standard for ALL elected officials: BOE, local gov't, county gov't, state gov't, national gov't...

We need to get over the idea that these elected officials are doing us a FAVOR by accepting these offices.

Guest Guest
Since there are 8 council people and the mayor, I'd say 2 of 9 won't have an impact on town government. I also don't think the Board of education should be concerned about those 2 since one of them won't get involved in a board election and the other one won't do anything more than MAYBE putting up a sign and MAYBE (if her girlfriend reminds her) showing up at a meet and greet for her preferred slate of candidates.

I agree that councilpeople bringing in politics or intimidation or whatever you want to call it into a board decision is wrong. But seriously, I don't think those 2 councilpeople will have an impact on next year's board election. And if anyone on the board is really worried about that kind of thing, then they should also consider what the 6 other councilpeople and the mayor think about this. I'm told that the 2 that went asked other councilpeople and the mayor to attend but they said no. What does that tell you?

It tells me that two council people have influence with the BOE. Enough influence to have people put into positions that they aren't the best qualified for and don't really deserve.

Guest Okay, then
It tells me that two council people have influence with the BOE. Enough influence to have people put into positions that they aren't the best qualified for and don't really deserve.

You give those two way too much credit.

My advice is support the candidates in next year's board of education election that won't put people in positions that they aren't the best qualified for. Who's running next year?

Guest Guest

And how exactly do you know that, moron? I think its great that people who come from Kearny want to come back to Kearny and work here. If these people have the educational qualifications and want to work here, what is wrong with that? Would you rather have people that at the end of the day, get in their cars, go to where they live and spend their money there and volunteer their time in their own communities? Example, the music teacher hired for Schuyler School from Bayonne and that teacher misses every other parade; and other important events that involves our kids? That hurts our Schuyler School kids! I'm sure that teacher does an ok job, but where is he at night, not in Kearny! And there are many other teachers that grew up in other towns other than Harrison, Kearny, North Arlington & Lyndhurst that work here. Do you ever see them at a parade, or a high school sport, volunteer for project graduation,or a play or musical to cheer on the kids? No.

What and who you see are the people that grew up here, that got an education here, bought a house here, want to raise a family here,shop here, pay taxes here or rent an apartment here and give back to their community.People that love their hometown. Do you really think, really, really think that the Board of Ed, with all of the laws that they have to follow, and all of the educational scores that they have to meet are going to hire somebody for an influential job, such as a principal of one of our schools, are going to bow to pressure from the town council to hire somebody not qualified? NOT! We should all be volunteering our time and talents to making our town better, instead of wasting time on this site! This site is the worst thing that ever happened to our town. And its all about money. The more people post outrageous untruths, the more this site gets paid from its advertisors.

Guest Guest
And how exactly do you know that, moron? I think its great that people who come from Kearny want to come back to Kearny and work here. If these people have the educational qualifications and want to work here, what is wrong with that? Would you rather have people that at the end of the day, get in their cars, go to where they live and spend their money there and volunteer their time in their own communities? Example, the music teacher hired for Schuyler School from Bayonne and that teacher misses every other parade; and other important events that involves our kids? That hurts our Schuyler School kids! I'm sure that teacher does an ok job, but where is he at night, not in Kearny! And there are many other teachers that grew up in other towns other than Harrison, Kearny, North Arlington & Lyndhurst that work here. Do you ever see them at a parade, or a high school sport, volunteer for project graduation,or a play or musical to cheer on the kids? No.

What and who you see are the people that grew up here, that got an education here, bought a house here, want to raise a family here,shop here, pay taxes here or rent an apartment here and give back to their community.People that love their hometown. Do you really think, really, really think that the Board of Ed, with all of the laws that they have to follow, and all of the educational scores that they have to meet are going to hire somebody for an influential job, such as a principal of one of our schools, are going to bow to pressure from the town council to hire somebody not qualified? NOT! We should all be volunteering our time and talents to making our town better, instead of wasting time on this site! This site is the worst thing that ever happened to our town. And its all about money. The more people post outrageous untruths, the more this site gets paid from its advertisors.

What fool posted the above nonsense. So now you want to base a principal position on whether or not they'll show up at a parade or sporting event? How many parades and sporting events did CJD son in law show up at?

Nah, the BOE would never be influenced by CJD.

Guest Guest

YOU CALL SOMEONE ELSE A MORON? Then based on this argument, y do u support the VP of discipline PR who is from Garfield and NEVER is at any event? Y did u support former KHS Principal Somma who is from Lyndhurst? Let these guys go back and make $200,000 from their home ditricts and stop stealing from the Kearny citizens and acting holier than thou while at it

Guest Guest
YOU CALL SOMEONE ELSE A MORON? Then based on this argument, y do u support the VP of discipline PR who is from Garfield and NEVER is at any event? Y did u support former KHS Principal Somma who is from Lyndhurst? Let these guys go back and make $200,000 from their home ditricts and stop stealing from the Kearny citizens and acting holier than thou while at it

This is about the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard. For all is fault, and yes they are Many Al Somma has spent his ENTIRE Career here...its not like he sailed in to take the principal's spot with no background in Kearny. You can Piss and moan all you want but the simple FACT is that the courts have determined that Kearny cannot have Residency Restrictions anymore.

Guest GUEST

Let me ask u this question? how long has MR. SOMMA and MR. RAGNONI been teaching at Kearny schools do You know? For your information it`s been over 25 YEARS of DEDICATED SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN.By the way how many sporting events or school functions have You been to? Every one I been to I`ve noticed MR. SOMMA AND MR. RAGNONI present. As for the name calling that only shows how STUPID a PERSON IS. THANK YOU MR. SOMMA FOR THE YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT.

Guest Guest
Let me ask u this question? how long has MR. SOMMA and MR. RAGNONI been teaching at Kearny schools do You know? For your information it`s been over 25 YEARS of DEDICATED SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN.By the way how many sporting events or school functions have You been to? Every one I been to I`ve noticed MR. SOMMA AND MR. RAGNONI present. As for the name calling that only shows how STUPID a PERSON IS. THANK YOU MR. SOMMA FOR THE YEARS OF DEDICATED SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN. ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT.

Of cours they've stayed in Kearny. Why would either of them have left the gravy train they were on? For Christ's sake they both basically slept walked through their time in Kearny.

Yeah, enjoy your retirement!