Why are commercial vehicles allowed to park underneath Interstate 280?

Guest downwithfedres

Guest downwithfedres

Most days and nights the parking area underneath Interstate 280 looks as if it were commercially zoned.Very few of these vehicles have resident parking stickers.My suspicion is that the owners of these vehicles have an automobile parked on the street(or maybe even underneath the highway as well) and take the commercial vehicle to their place of business everyday.Why can't they drive their personal cars to their businesses and make several additional parking spaces for those getting home late in the area?Most people are afraid to leave their homes at night in fear of never getting a spot later.

Perhaps exceptions can be made for those business owners who have no other form of transportation,but I'm sick of being a prisoner.

Guest Guest
Most days and nights the parking area underneath Interstate 280 looks as if it were commercially zoned.Very few of these vehicles have resident parking stickers.My suspicion is that the owners of these vehicles have an automobile parked on the street(or maybe even underneath the highway as well) and take the commercial vehicle to their place of business everyday.Why can't they drive their personal cars to their businesses and make several additional parking spaces for those getting home late in the area?Most people are afraid to leave their homes at night in fear of never getting a spot later.

Perhaps exceptions can be made for those business owners who have no other form of transportation,but I'm sick of being a prisoner.

Good point. Ever notice the number of NOrth Carolina plates?