Traitorous Remarks

Guest BushBacker

Unfortunately for you, EVERY US president is elected by the Electoral College.  The founding Fathers made the correct decision when they wrote that into the constitution..otherwise, NYC, LA, Detroit, and the other big cities would decide who the president is every 4 years.

The Really REALLY amusing thing, is that during the runup to the 2000, election, when Gore was convinced that he would Lose the popular vote, but thought he'd squeak by on electoral districts, he was waxing philosophical about how wise the Founding Fathers were in choosing the Electoral system over the popular vote...Less than 8 weeks later his opinion had reversed itself..imagine that.

The beauty of the Constitution is it allows for amendment. Maybe the electoral made sense at the time but I think its day has pased. Why should one citizen's vote count more or less than any other's because of where they live?

Had Gore lost the popular vote then Bush would have been democratically elected, you know, BY THE PEOPLE. I'm guessing your opinion would be different had the popular vote been reversed.

I just don't see how it can be currently justified.

• 1 month later...
I am curious, can anyone tell me one things that Bush has done right since he has becacome president. I can't recall a single thing.

Certainly: In June of 2006, Bush signed onto the creation of our nation's largest marine protected area, around the northern Hawaiian Islands.

Pretty much everything else has been a cock-up, though.

Guest Patriot
I am curious, can anyone tell me one things that Bush has done right since he has becacome president. I can't recall a single thing.

That Kool-aid does terrible things to one's memory. FYI ; He cut taxes, removed Saddam, and has protected the U.S. since 9/11. God Bless George Bush.

Guest Calybos
That Kool-aid does terrible things to one's memory.  FYI ;  He cut taxes, removed Saddam, and has protected the U.S. since 9/11.  God Bless George Bush.

He cut taxes... during a time of increased spending. Funny, when I do that, it's called "irresponsibly racking up debt."

He removed Saddam... who was no threat to us, and provided at least some stability, now replaced by sectarian bloodshed and civil war.

And he's "protected the U.S."... by ignoring the 9/11 Commission's recommendations and dropping the pursuit of the guys who actually attacked us.

No, I'm sticking with the Hawaiian protected marine area as his only real accomplishment.

Guest On the fence.
FYI ;  He cut taxes, removed Saddam, and has protected the U.S. since 9/11.  God Bless George Bush.

You are such a stupid retard.

Cutting taxes was something done through the inflation of the American Dollar. The same with the war in Iraq. You may say that's a good thing, and it is a good thing in short term. But internationally, the consequences are that many companies have now begun to deal with Euros and they are more accepted than the dollar was meaning that the economy will further suffer in the next 5-10 years and, you know what happens when the economy suffers? You start to pay more taxes. Just give it 5-10 years.

That's the problem with you, you only care about right now but don't think about the consequences for the future. If you want to continue living the life that you enjoy now, you have to ask yourself what the president is doing to make sure that taxes won't increase in the future. The answer is simply nothing. He doesnt give a shit. Why should he? He's gonna be out of office in 2 years anyways...

Oh and protecting the US since 9/11 was a no brainer since nobody even had a half-decent plan to stage any more terrorist attacks. All the ones that have been planned after 9/11 were done by stupid idiots who thought of ways to kill people in their garage.

Whatever, think what you may but mentalities like yours are the reason for a shit economy and the $9+ trillion of debt that the US has. Sonner or later, it's gonna catch up and other countries will stop lending money.

Also, to get back to the "educated" statement made by Kerry:

It's absolutely true what he has said. The smartest people in America, the people who have been educated and have been willing to learn are working in private industry, making millions of dollars and living the life that you never will. The ones that chose not to do so during highschool, collage, or whatever are the ones that are fighting our wars. I don't mean officers - they've gone through collage.

His statement, while not politically correct, is true and as much as you hate him, you need to wake up and accept some things for what they are.

I don't expect a response from you because I'm sure you can't or won't even try to comprehend what I have written here. You already have your mind made up about who you hate and who you don't and there's no way for me to change that.

As for someone asking what Bush has done for the middle class... the answer is nothing. In all of history, when has a president/leader done anything significant for the middle class? Capitalism and democracy has evolved from the feudal system of england and although most things have changed there are some things that still stand. The major one being that the upper class will always wan't to get rid of the middle class. The upper class desires for everyone else to be of the lower class so that they can be taken advantage of.

That Kool-aid does terrible things to one's memory.  FYI ;  He cut taxes, removed Saddam, and has protected the U.S. since 9/11.  God Bless George Bush.

Cut taxes or the richest 6% and has run up a gigantic defecit. $8,618,993,492,897.24 (that's 8.6 trillion) all accumulated since he's come into office.

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Removed Saddam and has gotten over 3,000 men and women killed and tens of thousands. Was it really worth it? Iraq was well contained and there were no WMD.

Some argue we are LESS safe because of the war in Iraq. Did you forget about Afghanistan? What about Korea or Iran? Pakistan?

Bush is already seen as the worst president in modern times. History will not look on him kindly.

His daddy was much better.

It's YOUR memory that's shot! He obviously FAILED to protect the country on 9/11.

Why was removing Saddam a good thing for America? The region was much more stable with Saddam in place. What benefit to the US is a democracy that hates the US?

Rememeber these words well, as soon as the flow of US dollars to Iraq stops we will just have another enemy in the world.

He fired Rummy, much too late but at least he axed the arrogant SOB.

Now if only the Dick would realize how comical it is to call a man whose actions earn the axe the finest.

Guest TheHeathenAngel

You forgot a couple.

Further destabilized an already destabilized region.

Contributed to the deaths of over 5,000 Americans and countless innocent Iraqi men, women and children.

Drained the surplus...

Well, Bill Maher says it best..

"On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two Trade Centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of New Orleans...Maybe you're just not lucky!"

Face it, the chimp that you are backing is a lost cause. He was a lost cause to begin with.. and he just keeps getting worse.

I just fear what more he can screw up in the two years he has left.

protected the U.S. since 9/11.  God Bless George Bush.

And what happened ON 9/11? Was he drunk or ????????????????

If you're going to credit him with protecting the US since 9/11 then he MUST be blamed for failure to protect on 9/11.

And DO NOT involve God in this debacle of a presidency.

Cut taxes or the richest 6% and has run up a gigantic defecit. $8,618,993,492,897.24 (that's 8.6 trillion) all accumulated since he's come into office.

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Removed Saddam and has gotten over 3,000 men and women killed and tens of thousands. Was it really worth it? Iraq was well contained and there were no WMD.

Some argue we are LESS safe because of the war in Iraq. Did you forget about Afghanistan? What about Korea or Iran? Pakistan?

Bush is already seen as the worst president in modern times. History will not look on him kindly.

His daddy was much better.

Well technically, he ran up 'only' three trillion...which is still a heck of a lot, considering that he's only been in office for six years.

Guest A.V. Blom
I'm middle class, and I got a tax cut.  Just keep listening to what you're told, and repeat it ad nauseum.

Correct, taxes have been cut across the board...which does not really matter in many cases, because some of the taxes (like property tax) only really affects you when you're already wealthy. After all, a tax break on assets is really cool...until you realize that just about half the assets are owned by the top 2%.

Well technically, he ran up 'only' three trillion...which is still a heck of a lot, considering that he's only been in office for six years.

That's right. The budget was running a surplus. He continues to spend without any intention of paying it off. We can't grow the economy out of this debt.

Guest A. V. Blom
That's right. The budget was running a surplus. He continues to spend without any intention of paying it off. We can't grow the economy out of this debt.

Correct...on the short run, it isn't too bad to run a few debts. In fact, Keynesian economics calls for that very same thing. I'm not so hot on Keynesian economics (mainly because I don't think it politically feasible), but it is technically possible to do it the right way. But it is beyond belief he can still label himself a 'fiscal conservite' despite this. Most fiscal conservatism is based on classical economics, which calls for adjusting your expenses to your income...the exact opposite of what the Bush administration has been doing.

To be honest, Bush cannot be blamed for the economy. He can, however, be blamed for his reactions to it...reactions seemingly based around a rehash of Reaganomics and a ridiculous 'trickle-down' scheme that simply does not, can not, work the way he intends it to.

Guest Keith Brown

To be honest, as much as I despise George W, I also feel sorry for him. It's been painfully evident from the start that the job of president is has been over his head.

It also seems evident that when this all finally comes crumbling down, George will be the fall guy for all of those behind the scenes that are pulling the strings. I also feel that he is even to stupid to see that coming.

I won't be satisfied until he and the other powers that be are rotting in prison for illegally going to war and worse the astrnomical war profiteering that is going. I could list many more reasons but I'll spare you the laundry list of incompetence.

Now, before the attacks begin and I'm labeled a left wing nut job, which is ironic because I consider myself a true conservative just remeber that you,no matter what side of the isle you may be on, you as an American citizen are getting screwed too.

I think it's time to send a message to Washington that there will be repercussions to criminal abuse of power.

That wonderful american defeatocrat John  Kerry is slamming our troops again. Today during a speech in California, he told an audience to get a good education or you'll get stuck in Iraq.  Nice.  Just what our troops in Iraq appreciate hearing.  Benedict Arnold had nothing on John Kerry.

Here's the real story:

"Kerry maintained that his quip was a 'botched joke' and was 'not about, and never intended to refer to, any troops.' It was, he said, a jab at President Bush's Iraq policy that didn't come off and had originally been scripted thusly: 'Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren’t smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq. Just ask President Bush.'" --http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerrysign.asp

Bush is more of a traitor to this nation than Kerry could ever aspire to be. Him talking about same-sex marriage being "the greatest threat" while we're entrenched in a needless war in Iraq is just the tip of the iceberg.