Republicans defending BP

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Guest Guest

So, where are 2stupid4words, loki and all the other right-wing-nuts on this one?

Obama kicked BP's ass on our behalf. If the Republicans get in the head of the oversight committee would be the Republican (Barton) who just apologized to BP!

So what's your problem, Republicans? Don't want to talk about it?

Guest Former Resident
So, where are 2stupid4words, loki and all the other right-wing-nuts on this one?

Obama kicked BP's ass on our behalf. If the Republicans get in the head of the oversight committee would be the Republican (Barton) who just apologized to BP!

Barton's an ass for what he said... most "right wing nuts" know and understand that some in the republican party are just useless and some are just jackasses. The difference is, the "right wing nuts" do not need to dissect and discuss, ad nauseam, every thing a republican does that they may not agree with... Most "right wing nuts" will agree that Barton is an ass. What more is there to discuss??

Guest Guest

It will be funny seeing how 2stupid4words will spin this. Did you even look at the republican asking for forgiveness for the 20 billion escrow account, calling it a shakedown. Maybe we should learn from Exon, got 5 billion but Exon only paid 500 million.

So, let me see if I got this right: Burton makes a moronic statement, and it falls on anyone with a conservative mindset.

BP absolutely caused this mess. They are financially responsible for the fix, and the cleanup. BUT, the President cannot sit by for TWO MONTHS, and "Hope" that the problem goes away. Now, what is needed is a leader, we are seriously lacking at this point. We have been offered help by people with the technology and equipment to help, we have, so far, turned them away.

Governor Jindal (LA) wanted to start building barrier islands to try to protect the coast, and was told no.

Spin away mental midgets, but what is needed now is action, not blame. Blame is for once the problem is solved. Which at Obama's rate, should be but a millenium away.

And stop shouting, it doesn't make your argument any better.

Guest 2smart4u

Comrade zerO did nothing. BP from day 1 has said they will pay for everything. If the Loonys want to pretend zerO did something other than to take 54 days to get involved then pass the Kool-Aid around and have a zerO lovefest.

Guest Guest
So, let me see if I got this right: Burton makes a moronic statement, and it falls on anyone with a conservative mindset.

BP absolutely caused this mess. They are financially responsible for the fix, and the cleanup. BUT, the President cannot sit by for TWO MONTHS, and "Hope" that the problem goes away. Now, what is needed is a leader, we are seriously lacking at this point. We have been offered help by people with the technology and equipment to help, we have, so far, turned them away.

Governor Jindal (LA) wanted to start building barrier islands to try to protect the coast, and was told no.

Spin away mental midgets, but what is needed now is action, not blame. Blame is for once the problem is solved. Which at Obama's rate, should be but a millenium away.

And stop shouting, it doesn't make your argument any better.

Wrong. What's needed is blame and plenty of it, and the defeat of nearly every Republican in Congress. They are doing everything they can to block BP from having to pay the price for what they did. Republicans led the charge to let BP do exactly what it wanted through deregulation and industry-insider appointments under Bush to oversee the industry. Yes, too many Democrats went along but Republicans led the charge and now they are trying to defend BP. Remember "drill, baby drill"? They should be thrown out on their ears.

Guest Guest
Comrade zerO did nothing. BP from day 1 has said they will pay for everything. If the Loonys want to pretend zerO did something other than to take 54 days to get involved then pass the Kool-Aid around and have a zerO lovefest.

Stupid,

OBAMA KICKED BP's ASS TO THE TUNE OF $20 BILLION. THAT'S PRESIDENTIAL POWER, EXERCISED TO BENEFIT THE PEOPLE, A CONCEPT YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. BUSH OR McCAIN WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM $20 BILLION IN ADDITIONAL TAX CUTS.

Go ahead, Stupid, keep flapping your gums.

Guest 2smart4u
Stupid,

OBAMA KICKED BP's ASS TO THE TUNE OF $20 BILLION. THAT'S PRESIDENTIAL POWER, EXERCISED TO BENEFIT THE PEOPLE, A CONCEPT YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. BUSH OR McCAIN WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEM $20 BILLION IN ADDITIONAL TAX CUTS.

Right. If Huffington said it, it must be true.

Guest Ditto head

Of course not. Put your foil hat on and wait for the chief gop druggie and propagandist , Goebbels Limbaugh to give you your opinion.

Guest Guest

Stupid,

The fact that you hate Huffington doesn't change the fact that President Obama got BP to kick in $20 billion. That's $20 billion that the American people don't have to pay.

Those are facts. That's another concept you don't understand.

Guest Guest
Stupid,

No problem..that 20 billion in escrow isn the problem..the PROBLEM is the fact that it's going to be another political insider who "Administers" it. We'll see in the end where the money gets funneled to. For my OWN amusement however the reaching and bending of the Liberals on here to esplain why so little of that money actually GOES to the "People" who are affected will be Epic.

Guest Guest
No problem..that 20 billion in escrow isn the problem..the PROBLEM is the fact that it's going to be another political insider who "Administers" it. We'll see in the end where the money gets funneled to. For my OWN amusement however the reaching and bending of the Liberals on here to esplain why so little of that money actually GOES to the "People" who are affected will be Epic.

You say that but Feinberg did a good job with the 9/11 fund.

Guest 2smart4u
Stupid,

The fact that you hate Huffington doesn't change the fact that President Obama got BP to kick in $20 billion. That's $20 billion that the American people don't have to pay.

Those are facts. That's another concept you don't understand.

You Loonys are in such a panic to give zerO whatever credit you can dream up, it's hilarious. Not that I

can blame you, if I voted for such an incompetent bumbler I'd be embarrassed to admit my poor judgement

and want to make up stuff too.

BTW, have you seen the latest polls among the arab states? He's getting an average 24% approval rating among his fellow muslims.

Guest Guest
You Loonys are in such a panic to give zerO whatever credit you can dream up, it's hilarious. Not that I

can blame you, if I voted for such an incompetent bumbler I'd be embarrassed to admit my poor judgement

BTW, have you seen the latest polls among the arab states? He's getting an average 24% approval rating among his fellow muslims.

Stupid,

When they are wealthy, as we surely are, the people are always leery of change. But when the dust settles, President Obama will have overseen major changes in health care, energy, regulatory reform and probably more. There's someone in a panic, alright, and it's not us. And if you want to talk about incompetent bumblers . . . http://mazinx.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/...lking_funny.jpg

Bush the clown took a surplus and made a deficit, took a nation at peace and put it into two unnecessary wars, took a system that worked and brought it to the brink of collapse, took a healthy economy and created the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Guest Guest

You DID vote for an incompetent bumbler several times Bush Bush McCain. Not surprised that you would know arab state polling numbers. Get them from Al Jazeera, you hate America traitor?

Guest Guest
You DID vote for an incompetent bumbler several times Bush Bush McCain. Not surprised that you would know arab state polling numbers. Get them from Al Jazeera, you hate America traitor?

It's like poker, two Bush votes and a McCain vote can't be outdone by the Obama, Pelosi, Reid votes. Three of a kind, one more inept than the next.

Guest Guest
It's like poker, two Bush votes and a McCain vote can't be outdone by the Obama, Pelosi, Reid votes. Three of a kind, one more inept than the next.

That's just your ideology and partisanship talking. Obama and Congress have passed historic health care legislation and just this morning there was an agreement on regulatory reform. They came into office facing a major economic crisis. They don't have the luxury of a surplus because Bush gave the money away to billionaires. So they have to try to dig out of a deep hole with a teaspoon, and without any help from Republicans who want them to fail.

There's still too much corruption and inside trading in government but in the main Obama, Reid and Pelosi are doing the right thing. That fact that people are short-sighted and expect government to work magic only expresses how superficially most people think: if people were thinking straight, they would realize that blaming government for not solving the problem and simultaneously screaming at elected officials for getting the government involved is a complete and direct contradiction.

That's the scariest part: we the people dug our own hole by ignoring our national needs, and now Obama's opponents are trying to blame him for irresponsible national behavior that has been going on since he was a teenager. The American people are playing a very dangerous game with our future. We need an active government, and that is what Obama is trying to achieve. Instead of criticizing him so much, get behind that part of it and support him. The alternative is to vote back in the people who caused the problem in the first place. That's no solution.

Guest Guest

No American politician can say it but it's the truth:

The American people have been selfish and stupid, piling up a mountain of debt, building an economy on credit and refusing to invest in the future.

This is our own damned fault, and if Fox Noise and Limbaugh had their way, we would borrow ourselves into bankruptcy, building a phony world on paper that eventually wouldn't be worth anything.

Someone comes along and finally tries to do the right thing, and of course selfish idiots act like selfish idiots.

Don't blame Obama for what the American people have done to themselves.

Guest Guest
No American politician can say it but it's the truth:

The American people have been selfish and stupid, piling up a mountain of debt, building an economy on credit and refusing to invest in the future.

This is our own damned fault, and if Fox Noise and Limbaugh had their way, we would borrow ourselves into bankruptcy, building a phony world on paper that eventually wouldn't be worth anything.

Someone comes along and finally tries to do the right thing, and of course selfish idiots act like selfish idiots.

Don't blame Obama for what the American people have done to themselves.

Are you kidding me??? You think the Republicans are borrowing us into bankruptcy?? Every initiative that has been implemented since this President has taken office is nothing more than an unfunded PROMISE.

You should have stopped at your first sentence, we have ALL spent too much, expected too much, and that leaves us in the pickle we are in. But, if you think any ONE party is to blame you've left your senses. Time will tell who is right, and who is wrong, but the last great initiatives for reform (Social Security and Medicare) are on financially shaky ground, I will not be surprised if healthcare follows this model. Despite the intentions of these programs, the problem is, we, the people, have allowed the foxes (Congress) to guard the henhouse.

Guest 2smart4u
Are you kidding me??? You think the Republicans are borrowing us into bankruptcy?? Every initiative that has been implemented since this President has taken office is nothing more than an unfunded PROMISE.

You should have stopped at your first sentence, we have ALL spent too much, expected too much, and that leaves us in the pickle we are in. But, if you think any ONE party is to blame you've left your senses. Time will tell who is right, and who is wrong, but the last great initiatives for reform (Social Security and Medicare) are on financially shaky ground, I will not be surprised if healthcare follows this model. Despite the intentions of these programs, the problem is, we, the people, have allowed the foxes (Congress) to guard the henhouse.

Remember the stimulus that was going to lower the unemployment number and save jobs? That was the biggest fraud committed against the american people in world history. And what are the Loonys saying? "The Republicans are borrowing us into bankrupcy". Has to be the Kool-Aid.

Guest Guest

The Democrats are bad and the Republicans are worse. Republicans lie big. They tell us we can have a great standard of living without taxes and without an active government. They're selling us a fantasy. The Democrats are corrupt, though less so than the Republicans, but at least they don't try to redistribute all the wealth to the rich. Some of them even understand that we need regulation, an energy policy, a health care policy and environmental protection laws.

Yes, Obama is incurring more debt, but he's doing it for a reason: to prevent the economy from collapsing. Bush incurred debt for no reason except to give more money to the rich. That's a major difference. You can't just ignore it.

If you're questioning Social Security and Medicare, then you're not paying attention to the past 70 years of our history. Of course those programs are in trouble: we have an aging population. With or without SS & Medicare, we're going to have a problem. The question is whether you prefer having millions of elderly starving, in the streets and dying or a financial burden taking care of them.

The good things we have didn't grow on a tree. Republicans act as though everything would stay the same if we got rid of SS & Medicare. That's just not true. Millions of elderly Americans rely on those programs to survive. If we didn't have them, we would begin to look like a third-world country.

Stop thinking like a Republican. Use your brain when you think.

Guest Guest

Your analogy is off. Congress is the chickens, in both ways. The foxes are the fat cats who buy off all the chickens.

The point is not whether we like the chickens. The point is how to make the chicken coop work properly. Take out the foxes and it will work a lot better.

In other words, we have to get money out of politics. The Republicans will never do that because their clients are the rich. The Democrats have been bought off and have been acting like Republicans for a long time.

So the only hope we have is that the people will demand a more competent, efficient and honest government. That's not what's happening. The people have become so cynical that they don't even notice that they're voting the most bloodthirsty fox-kissers into office.

Guest Guest
Remember the stimulus that was going to lower the unemployment number and save jobs? That was the biggest fraud committed against the american people in world history. And what are the Loonys saying? "The Republicans are borrowing us into bankrupcy". Has to be the Kool-Aid.

The biggest fraud was the entire presidency of George W. Bush, who ran up trillions of dollars in new debt and started a war for no reason. You refuse to admit that without the stimulus, huge companies would have failed, sending the entire economy into collapse. We'd have 20% unemployment.

People think all the good things we have grew on a tree. The truth is that without a strong and active government, we'd all be out on the streets.