Parking

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Any ideas how to fix the town wide problem?

[/quotE FIRST OF ALL THE POLICE SHOULD ENFORCE ALL THE PARKING VIOLATIONS THAT OCCUR ALL OVER TOWN. COMMERCIAL VEHICLES PARKED OVERNIGHT,YELLOW LINE PARKING VIOLATIONS,FIRE HYDRANTS,COMMERCIAL VEHICLES THAT ARE NOT REGISTERED AS COMMERCIAL VEHICLES JUST FOR STARTERS. I AM SURE THE TOWN COULD USE SOME OF THE PARKING VIOLATIONS MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

Guest Guest

The only way to fix the parking is to reduce the number of cars on the street. There are just too many cars and too few spots. The only way to do this is with residential parking permits....

Guest studies and observations

Until the PD starts doing 100% enforcement.....and we see everyone whining in here about "Those Damned Nazi Cops"

Guest Guest
Until the PD starts doing 100% enforcement.....and we see everyone whining in here about "Those Damned Nazi Cops"

EVERY NIGHT OUT ON GARFIELD AVE BY THE GYM. BLUE TOYOTA VAN COMMERCIAL PLATES CLEARLY MARKED.STAT THE TICKET CAMPAIGN THERE.

Guest Guest

Tough. Let them whine. If you're legal it shouldn't be a problem.

Guest Guest
The only way to fix the parking is to reduce the number of cars on the street. There are just too many cars and too few spots. The only way to do this is with residential parking permits....

Also, if you have a driveway, dont be lazy and park across the bottom of your driveway just because you don't want to open the gates.

Guest Irked Parker

Reduce the vehicles.

1. On your block, how many spaces on the street? That will tell you how many cars you can allow on your street.

2. Then count how many apartments/houses on your street (even just counting the legal apartments). Then multiply each unit by an average of 2 (some have more cars, some have fewer, some have driveways that are actually used). That will tell you what the total number of cars is.

3. Deduct 2 from 1, which leaves you a negative number.

4. Reduce number 2.

Guest the real problem

The biggest problem with parking is that we have too many families living in small homes. One family homes are carved into two families; two families are made into threes and fours; people are living in basements. Also, because of the state of the economy, there are a lot of young adults living at home with their parents. Both these factors cause a disproportionate amount of vehicles on a given block. Also--and need I even mention this?--cars have, since their inception, become increasingly more affordable and available. There are just more people with cars than there used to be.

Commercial vehicles, in reality, are usually ticketed, towed, etc. Obviously when things get tight, people like to complain, but the problem is not the commercial vehicle outside your house, it's the general crowding of this area due to a number of factors. Sorry!

Guest Guest

hopefully the pd is monitoring the site and will take some action

EVERY NIGHT KEARNY AVE AND PAVONIA CAR PARKED AT STOP SIGN AND BLOCKING DRIVEWAY AT THE OLD LYNN USED CAR LOT

Guest Guest
Also, if you have a driveway, dont be lazy and park across the bottom of your driveway just because you don't want to open the gates.

AGAIN ANOTHER PARKING LAW THAT SHOULD BE ENFORCED 100%.

Guest Guest
hopefully the pd is monitoring the site and will take some action

Yes because god forbid the whiners on here step away from their keyboards long enough to make a telephone call and complain directly.

AGAIN ANOTHER PARKING LAW THAT SHOULD BE ENFORCED 100%.

"Also, if you have a driveway, dont be lazy and park across the bottom of your driveway just because you don't want to open the gates."

that's not a parking law. just because you own more property, and therefore a driveway, that doesn't mean you should lose your street parking privileges. sometimes my family parks no cars in their driveway, just so that we can park all 4 of ours in the street to piss off people like you. and yes, we have a gate, but F**K if i'm going to open that thing.

Guest Guest
"Also, if you have a driveway, dont be lazy and park across the bottom of your driveway just because you don't want to open the gates."

that's not a parking law. just because you own more property, and therefore a driveway, that doesn't mean you should lose your street parking privileges. sometimes my family parks no cars in their driveway, just so that we can park all 4 of ours in the street to piss off people like you. and yes, we have a gate, but F**K if i'm going to open that thing.

Actually there IS a law that prohibits you from blocking your own driveway. 39:4-138d Unless the town enacts an ordinance allowing that, which Kearny has not. Seems you know about as much about Law as you do about Nuclear Power Skippy.

Guest Guest

Actually, no one is allowed to park and block the front of a driveway - even their own driveway. You can be ticketed. When my kids were little, I would put my car in front of my driveway so that cars couldn't use it for a u-turn while my kids played hockey, wiffle-ball, etc. in the driveway. KPD came one day and told me that. They completely understood why I was blocking my own driveway, but did tell me that when the kids were done playing I had to put my car in a legal spot or in my driveway or I'd be ticketed. So don't piss off the neighbors too much - you can be ticketed.

Actually there IS a law that prohibits you from blocking your own driveway. 39:4-138d Unless the town enacts an ordinance allowing that, which Kearny has not. Seems you know about as much about Law as you do about Nuclear Power Skippy.

Yeah, well I guess I should have checked my facts (again). Either way, the people on here who are complaining about parking should take a hike. It's such a dumb topic. Honestly, what do you want? A F**KING parking deck?

Guest Guest
Yeah, well I guess I should have checked my facts (again). Either way, the people on here who are complaining about parking should take a hike. It's such a dumb topic. Honestly, what do you want? A F**KING parking deck?

That seems to be your usual method, so im not going to hold my breath waiting for you to stop pulling things out of your ass anytime soon. Now, that said, it IS an Issue, there have een times when i;ve had to walk 2-3 blocks after parkign to get to my home. The town has an Ordinance that says any vehicle used for comemrcial purposes, even those that are not registered as commercial (because a plain, white van with no windows, no interior, ladders on top, and a steel mesh partition to keep the racks of tools in back from being stolen is obviously the thing for a Family Jaunt) cannot remain ont he street between 10pm and 6am. The PD used to usseu hundreds of summonses for this....until the judges started dismissing them piecemeal. I know of one officer who wrote 30 TO summonses for this violation. The current judge dismissed every one but 3 which had commercial plates. NOW, it seems that someone has finally taken notice of the problem, because the tickets are starting to come again, and a little bird told me that they are being monitored through the system to see what happens... Maybe the parking problem will ease a little for the residents once these vehicles are off the streets. As for the folks who refuse to use their driveways?? there isnt anything you can do..but it DOES show just how Low-class the town has sunk when the concept of "Neighbors" is so Alien.

First off you can complain to the Mayor and Town Council till your blue in the face, they don't care. I've been to town council meetings on and off for the last 20 years complaining about parking and I always get the same "canned" response of " We'll look into it" and they never do. 2 years ago I complained to Santos directly about the out of state plates that crowd parking spaces. His response was they live in town, when it was mentioned that in most cases these people were refusing to register their vehicles in NJ he could care less.

As for KPD you have to prove that those with out of state plates do in fact live in Kearny and have been here for more than 60 days. On any given morning I can look out my window and swear I live in NY,Mass,North Carolina,or Maryland. Whats needed is either a petition or a large gathering at a town council meeting with everyone telling the mayor and town council to do their damn jobs

Your wrong slick, if 1) you park across the sidewalk thats illegal and you can be ticketed and possibly towed, 2) you cannot park across the apron blocking your own driveway again you can be ticketed for illegal parking. See thats how people like some get even with people like you

Your wrong slick, if 1) you park across the sidewalk thats illegal and you can be ticketed and possibly towed, 2) you cannot park across the apron blocking your own driveway again you can be ticketed for illegal parking. See thats how people like some get even with people like you

Thanks, but I was already corrected, SLICK. Now, since you're so high and mighty about your knowledge of parking laws, why don't you go back to third grade and figure out the difference between "your" and "you're"? You'll find that YOUR intelligence is lacking and YOU'RE not quite that smart after all.

By the way, I'm taking up two parking spots across the street from my house right now. My neighbors are going to be PISSSED.

F**K you very much, assholes.

Guest Guest

THE WHOLE PARKING SITUATION IN THIS TOWN IS A JOKE.THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL SHOULD SEE THE PROBLEMS IN THIS TOWN AND TAKE ACTION.THAT ACTION WOULD BE TO ENFORCE THE LOCAL PARKING LAWS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT. UNTIL THAT HAPPENS THESE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO DISOBEY THESE PARKING LAWS UNTIL THEY ARE ENFORCED.WAKE UP MAYOR AND COUNCIL AND TAKE SOME ACTION.LET THE POLICE DO THEIR JOBS AND BACK THEM UP WHEN THEY DO.

Guest Guest
Thanks, but I was already corrected, SLICK. Now, since you're so high and mighty about your knowledge of parking laws, why don't you go back to third grade and figure out the difference between "your" and "you're"? You'll find that YOUR intelligence is lacking and YOU'RE not quite that smart after all.

By the way, I'm taking up two parking spots across the street from my house right now. My neighbors are going to be PISSSED.

F**K you very much, assholes.

How rude!