Why isn't the high school track open?

Guest downwithfedres

Guest downwithfedres

Adults all over town have no place to exercise.Would it be possible to leave open the high school track this summer,at least during the daylight hours?At your own risk signs could be placed in appropriate places,so that's one objection tossed aside.Vandalism?Anyone with that in mind is not going to let a locked gate stop him.Gates only stop good people.

Guest Guest
Adults all over town have no place to exercise.Would it be possible to leave open the high school track this summer,at least during the daylight hours?At your own risk signs could be placed in appropriate places,so that's one objection tossed aside.Vandalism?Anyone with that in mind is not going to let a locked gate stop him.Gates only stop good people.

You mean you aren't getting lots of good exercise through the Rec Center program?? Ha ha ha, I can't even TYPE that with a straight face.

Guest Guest
You mean you aren't getting lots of good exercise through the Rec Center program?? Ha ha ha, I can't even TYPE that with a straight face.

Rec Center that is certainly a joke, they are never opened when you need to go in adult or child. The new High School is the property of the public correct? so why can't the public use the track? I have asked several times and Dolarhand is just an inbacill about it.. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT WE WANT

Guest Guest

Because Dolaghan is to lazy to go open the gate.

Guest downwithfedres

I'd like to add that the track itself isn't a real track;it's about 525 yards around,making calculations difficult for most.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest
I'd like to add that the track itself isn't a real track;it's about 525 yards around,making calculations difficult for most.

No they pay the security guy to sit in his car when he is there. They have 500 camera's what is the problem?They wonder why there is no money. What a waste! Pay all these taxes and you can't do sh** in this town.

Guest Guest

I support keeping it closed off to the general public. The field would receive more vandalism (yes the gates deter the lazier vandal) and the additional wear and tear that is not necessary. West Hudson Park is right next to the high school field. I recommend you go there and jog.

As for it being funded with high local taxes: The high school and attached field were funded in great part through the Abbott District program, were they not? Perhaps Harrison could open up the field at certain hours for residents from non-Abbott Districts...

Guest Guest
I support keeping it closed off to the general public. The field would receive more vandalism (yes the gates deter the lazier vandal) and the additional wear and tear that is not necessary. West Hudson Park is right next to the high school field. I recommend you go there and jog.

As for it being funded with high local taxes: The high school and attached field were funded in great part through the Abbott District program, were they not? Perhaps Harrison could open up the field at certain hours for residents from non-Abbott Districts...

And where do you think that money comes from? Local, county and federal taxes is where the money comes from for Abott District Programs.

Guest Guest

I recommend we close the park. the Park would receive less vandalism (yes the gates will deter the lazier vandal) and the additional wear and tear that is not necessary.

Guest Guest
And where do you think that money comes from? Local, county and federal taxes is where the money comes from for Abott District Programs.

And where do you think the money for it's upkeep come from you dumb bastard? I swear you Row A jerk offs think money comes from the sky. You are a joke

Guest athlete

Dear "Ron Paul",

I understand your sentiment: people who live in town should have somewhere nice to run or play ball. However, the high school as well as the park is first and foremost for the high school kids, as well as the weight room, indoor gyms, dance room, etc. I get that the "taxpayers" paid for this (responding to another comment), but honestly how much do you think an avg. Harrisonian contributed? If we are talking Abbott money, then most likely rich Bergen county people paid for the school, in our government's redistribution of wealth that we in town have benefitted from.

You probably won't be allowed on the track while kids are in the school or practicing on the field out of safety concerns. The school may have to pay someone to supervise or a security guard to watch over any sort of "adult hours" at the track. Then people will complain that their tax dollars are going to someone to babysit the 5 or 6 people in this town who got the memo that the gates are open and actually can run. Anyway you look at this you lose. Join a gym/club/alumni association, pay your own money down like everyone else, or use the park. Running on different grades of inclines are probably better for your health anyhow.

Guest Guest
Dear "Ron Paul",

I understand your sentiment: people who live in town should have somewhere nice to run or play ball. However, the high school as well as the park is first and foremost for the high school kids, as well as the weight room, indoor gyms, dance room, etc. I get that the "taxpayers" paid for this (responding to another comment), but honestly how much do you think an avg. Harrisonian contributed? If we are talking Abbott money, then most likely rich Bergen county people paid for the school, in our government's redistribution of wealth that we in town have benefitted from.

You probably won't be allowed on the track while kids are in the school or practicing on the field out of safety concerns. The school may have to pay someone to supervise or a security guard to watch over any sort of "adult hours" at the track. Then people will complain that their tax dollars are going to someone to babysit the 5 or 6 people in this town who got the memo that the gates are open and actually can run. Anyway you look at this you lose. Join a gym/club/alumni association, pay your own money down like everyone else, or use the park. Running on different grades of inclines are probably better for your health anyhow.

holy shit are you the stupidest asshole in town or just one of many waiting in line for that honor?

Guest Guest

Is there not some "Use of Property" procedure in this Town?

I am sure that Superintendent Doran and the Board would consider such a request.

Guest Guest
holy shit are you the stupidest asshole in town or just one of many waiting in line for that honor?

Oh simmer down. You're probably just fat. Put on a mansierre/bro and run a few laps. Then if you have any sort of constructive criticism, well, nah..keep it to yourself because you'll still sound like an 8th grader.

Maybe this is why they don't open the track to unsupervised, random people. This forum is overrun by unsupervised, random people and look how intelligent everyone looks insulting people. Seems like that idea worked out real well.

Guest Guest

Adults all over town that are looking to exercise should have little difficulty walking, running, jogging an extra 75 yards to West Hudson park. It IS in Harrison.

Guest downwithfedres
Adults all over town that are looking to exercise should have little difficulty walking, running, jogging an extra 75 yards to West Hudson park. It IS in Harrison.

West Hudson Park is a horrible place to run.There is nothing but steep hills and concrete.A softer track surface is preferable.

For the Ron Paul reference:Since its inception in 1913,the Fed-a privately owned bank-has stolen trillions of taxpayer money and has caused prices to increase 30 fold.In the first 150 years of the USA,prices actually dropped.

Guest Guest
Oh simmer down. You're probably just fat. Put on a mansierre/bro and run a few laps. Then if you have any sort of constructive criticism, well, nah..keep it to yourself because you'll still sound like an 8th grader.

Maybe this is why they don't open the track to unsupervised, random people. This forum is overrun by unsupervised, random people and look how intelligent everyone looks insulting people. Seems like that idea worked out real well.

my... sounds like someone's pantys are all bunched up. i love all the self appointed, know it all / tell us how it should be, clowns who love to put their two cents in about everything. then when they get a knock, they slide right into acting as badly as those whom they disdain - for, of all things, juvenile behavior. thank you for policing this forum as well.... you do such a nice job over at my high school, keeping it safe from unsupervised ne'er do wells like me.