Millan Kick off

Guest guest

Guest guest

Millan kicked off his campaign for council yesterday by celebrating his daughter's birthday at the Spanish Pavillion.

A large crowd of workers filled the Spanish Pavillion. Millan said it was not a political gathering but he obviously is preparing to run his loyal followers to help him in campaigning.

Millan was interrupted on several occasions as supporters yelled out statements of support and approval as he vowed to work for the residents of Harrison. Absent by design was Mayor McDonough. Millan wanted to share the moment with his loyal followers and slowly introduce them to the fact that to make Harrison better they must work with Mayor McDonough and not against him. The message was clear. There is no time for war. There is only time to find solutions to the problems Harrison is facing.

Say what you want about Millan, he is a worker and a motivator. Just what Harrison needs.

Guest ru4real
Millan kicked off his campaign for council yesterday by celebrating his daughter's birthday at the Spanish Pavillion.

A large crowd of workers filled the Spanish Pavillion. Millan said it was not a political gathering but he obviously is preparing to run his loyal followers to help him in campaigning.

Millan was interrupted on several occasions as supporters yelled out statements of support and approval as he vowed to work for the residents of Harrison. Absent by design was Mayor McDonough. Millan wanted to share the moment with his loyal followers and slowly introduce them to the fact that to make Harrison better they must work with Mayor McDonough and not against him. The message was clear. There is no time for war. There is only time to find solutions to the problems Harrison is facing.

Say what you want about Millan, he is a worker and a motivator. Just what Harrison needs.

Millan and his people lost last time and will lose again you go Steven Mc.

Guest GUEST

MILIAN WORK TO HELP MCCORMICK BEAT PETTIGREW LAST TIME WHAT STEVE BOY GOING TO DUE NOW

NOBODY KNOWS THAT BUT THE INSIDERS ASK DORAN & MCDONOUGH

Guest guest
MILIAN WORK TO HELP MCCORMICK BEAT PETTIGREW LAST TIME WHAT STEVE BOY GOING TO DUE NOW

NOBODY KNOWS THAT BUT THE INSIDERS ASK DORAN & MCDONOUGH

Little Ceasar is back !!! What a shame, what the hell is RAY THINKING THIS TIME !

Guest Really??

No time for war? Really?? Then why did Millan lead his "loyal followers" to war several years ago?

Solutions for problems? Really?? For Millan, it was all about him period. He beat up on the redevelopment and the stadium relentlessly when he didn't get his way. Does his flip-flop also extend to the stadium?

You want a problem? How about high taxes, any idea on what Millan's "solution" is?

Supporters yelling statements of support? Really?? Would this be what was yelled, 'Hey Anselmo, thanks for making a deal that will get me back on the Harrison pay roll'?

You know what Harrison needs? A few honest politicians. Good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Inquiring Mind
No time for war? Really?? Then why did Millan lead his "loyal followers" to war several years ago?

Solutions for problems? Really?? For Millan, it was all about him period. He beat up on the redevelopment and the stadium relentlessly when he didn't get his way. Does his flip-flop also extend to the stadium?

You want a problem? How about high taxes, any idea on what Millan's "solution" is?

Supporters yelling statements of support? Really?? Would this be what was yelled, 'Hey Anselmo, thanks for making a deal that will get me back on the Harrison pay roll'?

You know what Harrison needs? A few honest politicians. Good luck with that.

So anyone know what the deal between Millan and McDonough was, who gets what job/contract if Millan and McDonough win?

Millan and McDonough versus McCormick and McCormick, how does that battle play out? Does the 2nd Ward become ground zero in the battle? Do the McCormicks take control or will McDonough have kept the local machine in power by making a deal with Millan?

Guest Guest
So anyone know what the deal between Millan and McDonough was, who gets what job/contract if Millan and McDonough win?

Millan and McDonough versus McCormick and McCormick, how does that battle play out? Does the 2nd Ward become ground zero in the battle? Do the McCormicks take control or will McDonough have kept the local machine in power by making a deal with Millan?

The McCormicks have refused to listen to Dick Nixon.

Who votes in this Town? Who gets their family members, friends and neighbors out to vote?

Town workers. Fire Department members. Teachers.

It's the Nature of the Beast.

Nope, the McCormicks just don't get it.

And losers they shall be.

Guest Guest

The writing is on the wall, If Millan wins he gets Mrs. ****** job in the clerks office (she is retiring in July), **** *. will be doing the tax collectors job as well as the municipal ***** ***, and **** **** (Millans buddy) will take over as the municipal attorney. Thats how the plan is in place to go down....But who knows what will happen only the people can change this corrupt and disfunctional Administration.

Guest Guest

Who votes in this Town? Who gets their family members, friends and neighbors out to vote?

Losers are those who do nothing and those people certainly seem as if they are trying to do something about Harrison and work with those who want nothing changed.

Guest Inquiring Mind

I don't agree with your assumptions:

Fire Department? Isn't it down to only 8 percent of the department who live in town?

Teachers? Don't a majority also live out of town?

Town workers? Didn't a bunch just get layed off? Are the ones layed off from town or out of town?

It doesn't look like the McDonough adminstration gets it either.

Guest Inquiring Mind

Will the ticket be McCormick and McCormick only, for Council and Mayor, or will there be candidates in all 4 wards? Deadline for filing is next Tuesday. Anyone sign a petition for the McCormick team?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest I want a front row seat
Will the ticket be McCormick and McCormick only, for Council and Mayor, or will there be candidates in all 4 wards? Deadline for filing is next Tuesday. Anyone sign a petition for the McCormick team?

So it's 2nd warders Maria and Steve versus 2nd warders Raymond and Anselmo. Wow! Anyone want to handicap this one? To answer that, you need to know: Will Anselmo supporters really vote for Ray? Will the redevelopment hurt Maria and Ray equally (for different reasons)? Who has registered the most new voters in the past year? And if Maria wins the battle against Ray, does she carry the rest of her ticket with her?

Guest Mama Mia
So it's 2nd warders Maria and Steve versus 2nd warders Raymond and Anselmo. Wow! Anyone want to handicap this one? To answer that, you need to know: Will Anselmo supporters really vote for Ray? Will the redevelopment hurt Maria and Ray equally (for different reasons)? Who has registered the most new voters in the past year? And if Maria wins the battle against Ray, does she carry the rest of her ticket with her?

TIME FOR A CHANGE!

Guest Guest

He is a worker and and a motivator for HIS kind of people. Us so called americans that are left in this town, he only wants your votes. All his functions are for his kind and we don't get invited or included in jack.

Guest Guest
Little Ceasar is back !!! What a shame, what the hell is RAY THINKING THIS TIME !

I will tell you what Ray is thinking by bringing Millan back. Millan used to be just a painter. Once Ray started to get scared that Millan may have a chance, he got him a goood job at PVC, you all know that place. Big money and no work. You have to be annointed to work there. After that Millan back off and now Ray wants him as a suppporter. Ray thinks he will get the Latino votes with Millan on his side because Ray laid some of the Latinos off. There is a method to every madness.

Guest gUEST
I will tell you what Ray is thinking by bringing Millan back. Millan used to be just a painter. Once Ray started to get scared that Millan may have a chance, he got him a goood job at PVC, you all know that place. Big money and no work. You have to be annointed to work there. After that Millan back off and now Ray wants him as a suppporter. Ray thinks he will get the Latino votes with Millan on his side because Ray laid some of the Latinos off. There is a method to every madness.

THE McCOMICS WILL STILL BE LOSERS EITHERWAY, EVEN IF THEY WIN.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Did anyone ever think that Milan may have some good ideas and regardless of what happened in the past he is looking at what is best for the future of this town. I look at what's taking place around us, and I am excited for the direction of the town and what it has to offer us with the redevelopment etc.

I come on here all the time to see nothing but trash talking and negativity. If everyone would focus their efforts on making suggestions and helping come up with solutions instead of starting rumors and bogging people down., it would make for a more productive forum.

Guest Guest
Did anyone ever think that Milan may have some good ideas and regardless of what happened in the past he is looking at what is best for the future of this town. I look at what's taking place around us, and I am excited for the direction of the town and what it has to offer us with the redevelopment etc.

I come on here all the time to see nothing but trash talking and negativity. If everyone would focus their efforts on making suggestions and helping come up with solutions instead of starting rumors and bogging people down., it would make for a more productive forum.

Well said, thank you.

Guest Guest

I haven't stayed in the new hotel, and I don't own a condo down by the river. I don't like soccer and haven't been to the new stadium, I haven't even parked in the new garage, but my taxes go up every year. How has this redevelopment helped me?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Unfortunately, the time to save Harrison has past. The contracts have all been signed which will turn Harrison into an over-crowded, over-built, poorly-designed town. Not one blade of grass was included in the redevelopment (the stadium doesn't count) where kids can kick a ball or fly a kite. The focus of this mayor and council was building as many housing units as could possibly be crammed in, without any thought to passive recreation areas (mini-parks).

Harrison will be looked at in future generations as an example of how not to redevelop a town.

Guest Really?

So after 8 years of Anselmo Millan criticizing and attacking the McDonough administration, you now want to take the high road of "helping come up with solutions"? You're not serious. That's like Paris Hilton becoming an advocate for monogamy.

Guest Guest
I haven't stayed in the new hotel, and I don't own a condo down by the river. I don't like soccer and haven't been to the new stadium, I haven't even parked in the new garage, but my taxes go up every year. How has this redevelopment helped me?

Amen!