Kearny High School Sports

Guest Smitty

Guest Guest

Listen Mr. Pie-in-the-sky. Here is the part you just dont realize. Football is the most demanding sport, one where the absolute most injuries occur. The Kearny A.D., does hate the sport, and does nothing to see it become successful. while Kearny has always been a "soccer town", it always fielded at least a competitive team, when i say competivtive one that while getting beat on the scoreboard would not get anhilated on the field. Now, Kearny is embarrassing in football. There have been a few decent players the past couple of years, but now the coaching situation has slid into the danger category. The last coach resigned giving plenty of notice, and there should have been a coach in place by now. This is NOT t he fault of the BOE, as they need to be presented with a choice. So it lands squarely on the shoulders of the A.D. the same A.D. I indicated earlier hates the sport of football. So, better to just drop the sport than wait until a student gets hurt seriously. It has already been dropped before this decade under THIS administration (Somma was A.D. when football was dropped and P.R. was VP.

P.S. of my own. If you think Kearny Sports has gotten better under A.D. JM than you are delusional. All Kearny sports have gone downhill, and now has hit a slippery slope that will be difficult to recover from.

Hey why stop there? Lets get rid of all sports. Which one isn't a waste of money. Since you know football is a waste, what sports generate income to justify their existence. Soccer? Nope. Track? Nope. Baseball, softball, swimming, basketball? Nope. I know volleyball, oops nope how bout the band lets get rid of that! If Kearny has kids that want to play a sport any sport than they should have the chance to do it. Kids in sports stay out of the courts (most times) now if you didn't make the team back in your day or are just a miserable football hating clown get over it!!! Stop trying to hurt a group of kids just because you don't like the sport!

p.s.

It's not just about winning it's about trying!!!

Guest Guest
Hey why stop there? Lets get rid of all sports. Which one isn't a waste of money. Since you know football is a waste, what sports generate income to justify their existence. Soccer? Nope. Track? Nope. Baseball, softball, swimming, basketball? Nope. I know volleyball, oops nope how bout the band lets get rid of that! If Kearny has kids that want to play a sport any sport than they should have the chance to do it. Kids in sports stay out of the courts (most times) now if you didn't make the team back in your day or are just a miserable football hating clown get over it!!! Stop trying to hurt a group of kids just because you don't like the sport!

p.s.

It's not just about winning it's about trying!!!

Good point!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LAZERCAT

Atleast KHS has sports. They had to cut ALL of High Tech Sports. Those poor kids now have to loose education time to go and travel back to their home town to play for. Who even knows if there is room on the team for them. Its a real shame.

• 2 weeks later...