Strictly KBOE Issues

Guest Diane

Guest Diane

OK, on the old thread, it has degenerated into ugly bashing of indivduals. What we need to determine is what is going tobe done about issues the district is facing. What is going to be done about the Middle School Issue? Where do EACH candidate stand on that? IMHO the schools should stay the way they are with a redistricting of students.

What about Teacher lay-offs? IMHO we should be streamining Administrators, VP's, secretaries, etc. Thereis NO need for the VP of athletics (he should nolt even be a VP!) to have 3 secretaries and 2 offices in the High School Seems like wasteful spending to me. Why do we have a VP of attendance? I mean, these are things that can be streamlined saving thousands if not millions in salaries. I just mentioned 2 here that would save 1/4 million dollars.

Can we institue policies of awarding jobs/contracts to relatives of employees? Maybe we can savemore money there.

What we need to know is the stance of the candidates on these issues, and what they are going to do about these things. NOW, before the vote One thing I strongly agree with is we need change, because what we currently are doing is not working, and the current BOE has become non-functional and more trouble than good comes from it Maybe they can change, but as currently constituted it is not doing well

Guest Guest

OK, on the old threao dd, it has degenerated into ugly bashing of indivduals. What we need to determine is what is going tobe done about issues the district is facing. What is going to be done about the Middle School Issue? Where do EACH candidate stand on that? IMHO the schools should stay the way they are with a redistricting of students.

What about Teacher lay-offs? IMHO we should be streamining Administrators, VP's, secretaries, etc. Thereis NO need for the VP of athletics (he should nolt even be a VP!) to have 3 secretaries and 2 offices in the High School Seems like wasteful spending to me. Why do we have a VP of attendance? I mean, these are things that can be streamlined saving thousands if n

Guest Guest
OK, on the old threao dd, it has degenerated into ugly bashing of indivduals. What we need to determine is what is going tobe done about issues the district is facing. What is going to be done about the Middle School Issue? Where do EACH candidate stand on that? IMHO the schools should stay the way they are with a redistricting of students.

What about Teacher lay-offs? IMHO we should be streamining Administrators, VP's, secretaries, etc. Thereis NO need for the VP of athletics (he should nolt even be a VP!) to have 3 secretaries and 2 offices in the High School Seems like wasteful spending to me. Why do we have a VP of attendance? I mean, these are things that can be streamlined saving thousands if not millions in salaries. I just mentioned 2 here that would save 1/4 million dollars.

Can we institue policies of awarding jobs/contracts to relatives of employees? Maybe we can savemore money there.

What we need to know is the stance of the candidates on these issues, and what they are going to do about these things. NOW, before the vote One thing I strongly agree with is we need change, because what we currently are doing is not working, and the current BOE has become non-functional and more trouble than good comes from it Maybe they can change, but as currently constituted it is not doing well

How can you say that the existing Board is "non functional???" Have you been to a Board of Ed meeting lately? Have you even visited your child's school lately or donated some time to your child's PTA? Who do you think is making the vital decisions, along with the school administrators, that keep your schools functioning EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! THE CURRENT BOARD OF EDUCATION!!! Sadly, their dedication, hard work and UNPAID donation of time and effort to YOUR CHILDREN have been lost amid all of the gossip and mud slinging generated by NEW candidates running for the board. It seems easy to sit back from their positions on the mountain, and pass judgment on the very people that continue to get the job done despite all the fault-finding and down-right lies that have been circulated by the new candidates. Have these so-called "saviors" even offered any viable solutions to all of the " PROBLEMS" with the existing school system? Has anybody heard anything that these candidates have to offer other than slandering the existing Board? I think not! Yes, my dear, the existing Board of Education is alive and well despite rumors to the contrary.

Guest Friend
OK, on the old thread, it has degenerated into ugly bashing of indivduals. What we need to determine is what is going tobe done about issues the district is facing. What is going to be done about the Middle School Issue? Where do EACH candidate stand on that? IMHO the schools should stay the way they are with a redistricting of students.

Diane,

Thanks for being a person who is actually interested in the district. I agree that the mud slinging has gotten way out of hand. There probably are places that can be "trimmed" in the district. Before that, however, redistricting is definately needed. My understanding from attending the budget hearing, is that the middle school is no more. The money isn't there. Not to mention the support. Getting rid of VP positions may not be so easy. Right now, I am pretty sure that they are positons in a union. Probably the only way to get rid of the postions is to wait for someone to retire and than disolve the postion. Unless a union would let the BOE negotiate it out.

Thanks again for being a level headed person.

Guest Guest

They will never get rid of the VP's at KHS and there lies the probllem, JM and PR are just dead weight collecting tax payer money, they do nothing for the district and have caused more harm then done any good

Diane,

Thanks for being a person who is actually interested in the district. I agree that the mud slinging has gotten way out of hand. There probably are places that can be "trimmed" in the district. Before that, however, redistricting is definately needed. My understanding from attending the budget hearing, is that the middle school is no more. The money isn't there. Not to mention the support. Getting rid of VP positions may not be so easy. Right now, I am pretty sure that they are positons in a union. Probably the only way to get rid of the postions is to wait for someone to retire and than disolve the postion. Unless a union would let the BOE negotiate it out.

Thanks again for being a level headed person.