Fat Boy Is Going Down

Guest Guest

Fat Boy Is Going Down

Christie got elected because Corzine was a turd. With time the electorate will see Christie for what he is- a pompous asshole. Always love these self righteous prosecutors who get elected to office- look at Spitzer.

Yep, Christie will cut state spending. But that means local property taxes will increase. Will he cut the state income tax? Will he cut the state sales tax?

He’s a one term loser.

All politics is local. And in New Jersey all local politics is Democratic, e,g. as of the Party and “what have you done for me lately?”

New Jersey is a tight organization. A Democratic Organization. They don’t call us the Soprano State for naught.

The former prosecutor is no longer in court. Can’t wait to see him and his pompous wife fall. (Trust me, she is one annoying B**ch.)

Go Raymond and Jim Boy!!!

Fat Boy Is Going Down

Christie got elected because Corzine was a turd. With time the electorate will see Christie for what he is- a pompous asshole. Always love these self righteous prosecutors who get elected to office- look at Spitzer.

Yep, Christie will cut state spending. But that means local property taxes will increase. Will he cut the state income tax? Will he cut the state sales tax?

He’s a one term loser.

All politics is local. And in New Jersey all local politics is Democratic, e,g. as of the Party and “what have you done for me lately?”

New Jersey is a tight organization. A Democratic Organization. They don’t call us the Soprano State for naught.

The former prosecutor is no longer in court. Can’t wait to see him and his pompous wife fall. (Trust me, she is one annoying B**ch.)

By the way ,what pension fund is Christie in??? Has he declined to be a member of the fund.???Does he have plans to refuse his pension??? Just wondering

By the way ,what pension fund is Christie in??? Has he declined to be a member of the fund.???Does he have plans to refuse his pension??? Just wondering

HE IS WITHOUT DOUBT IN THE CHRISTIE KREME DOUGHNUT FUND. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest BlueTideBacker
Fat Boy Is Going Down

He’s a one term loser.

Shut up and keep cleaning the streets, Zombie.

Guest LEROY MORS

I SEE CHUBBY IS GOING AFTER THE UNEMPLOYED NOW . -$50.00 A WEEK

GIVING THE TAX BREAKS TOO THE 400K PLUS EARNERS.

FOR SHAME ON THE BLIMP. KICKING PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN.

A REAL BELLIGERENT BULLY---HE S**ks---

HE'S OWNED BY BIG PHARMA, IT WILL EVENTUALLY COME OUT.

HE WILL LAST LESS THAN ONE TERM.

Guest BlueTideBacker
I SEE CHUBBY IS GOING AFTER THE UNEMPLOYED NOW . -$50.00 A WEEK

GIVING THE TAX BREAKS TOO THE 400K PLUS EARNERS.

FOR SHAME ON THE BLIMP. KICKING PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN.

A REAL BELLIGERENT BULLY---HE S**ks---

HE'S OWNED BY BIG PHARMA, IT WILL EVENTUALLY COME OUT.

HE WILL LAST LESS THAN ONE TERM.

Stick to what you know best, pushing a broom. Christie is exactly what NJ has needed for a long time.

Does Christie already have a fed pension? ....(as prosecutor)....his new law one to a customer right . ???

maybe he should turn the new one over to the state to help the pension fund.

His buddy Marra 175k , talk about political appointments ? WALK THE TALK BLUBBER.

Guest BlueTideBacker
Does Christie already have a fed pension? ....(as prosecutor)....his new law one to a customer right . ???

maybe he should turn the new one over to the state to help the pension fund.

His buddy Marra 175k , talk about political appointments ? WALK THE TALK BLUBBER.

Moron, just keep the streets clean and don't try to discuss something you don't have a clue about.

Guest Guest

TRENTON -- The federal government will not bail out New Jersey's insolvent unemployment insurance fund, but may find ways to lessen the state's burden, U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) said today.

With 27 states having borrowed about $30 billion from the feds to pay their unemployment claims, it is "just not possible" to cover all of the costs "in this budget climate," Menendez said following a meeting of New Jersey's congressional delegation with Gov. Chris Christie today. Menendez said he would work to delay New Jersey's interest payments, or perhaps forgive them entirely, to provide some degree of federal help.

The interest payments of about $180 million would be due in 2011, Labor Commissioner Hal Wirths said, adding that "any help would be great."

But with the state's entire $1.2 billion -- and growing -- debt unlikely to be forgiven, the Republican governor and Democratic lawmakers will have to arrive at a plan that would continue to fund benefits. Christie has proposed cutting benefits for future unemployed workers to help reduce a tax hike on employers that is set to take place in July, but Democrats who control the Legislature called the plan dead on arrival.

Christie today acknowledged "that we can't be expecting miracles" from the federal government.

"We have our own problems we have to deal with in New Jersey. Many other states have these problems, and from the federal perspective they have to deal with the whole," the governor said. "Of course they'll be fighting for New Jersey to get the best deal that we possibly can."

Menendez pointed out that under stimulus legislation passed last year, New Jersey received billions for its strapped unemployment insurance fund. The fund, which is filled mostly through taxes on employers, has been used over the years by state politicians in both parties to pay for other purposes.

Now with New Jersey's unemployment rate hovering around 10 percent, the state has run out of money to pay benefits, triggering a tax hike that would take effect in July. Christie's plan would soften that tax hike.

Without the proposed changes, the average employer in July would see taxes go up 58 percent -- or $390 a year -- per employee, according to the administration. The changes would hold that increase, on average, to 17 percent this year, or $130 per employee and further limit the potential for increases through 2013.

Democrats, including Senate President Steve Sweeney and Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver, oppose Christie's plan because it would reduce maximum unemployment benefits by $50 a week and introduce a one-week waiting period for future unemployed workers to receive benefits.

Christie said he will meet with Sweeney and Senate Minority Leader Tom Kean Jr. (R-Union) on the issue and is "convinced we'll be able to work together."

"Somebody needed to start the conversation. Our proposal started the conversation," Christie said. "If they have better ideas, I'm happy to listen, but if we do nothing, these very, very large tax increases on employers will come into effect."

On a related issue, Menendez said he is hopeful that Congress can soon pass a stalled bill providing for extended unemployment benefits, which would be fully funded by the federal government. Otherwise the state would have to pay 50 percent, Wirths said

Guest Guest
I rest my case.

MAYBE A FULL CASE OF BULL*HIT BLEWTIDEBACKER. GO CHANGE YOUR DEPENDS NOW.

Lawmakers move to stop raids on NJ pension funds

3/2/2010, 8:00 a.m. ET

ANGELA DELLI SANTI

The Associated Press

(AP) — TRENTON, N.J. - New Jersey lawmakers want to reverse years of raids on state retirement funds by requiring the state to pay its annual share into the pension system.

The Senate held a required public hearing Monday on a resolution that ultimately would be decided by voters because it changes the state constitution. The Senate is expected to vote on the resolution next week. The Assembly has yet to consider it.

If voters are asked to approve a ballot question in November, they would decide whether to bind the state and other public employers to make at least one-seventh of their pension contribution the following fiscal year. The employers would be required to increase the contribution by one-seventh every year until the entire portion is being paid in FY2017.

The state's public worker unions oppose the resolution, which they say sanctions the state to continue underfunding the pension system for seven more years.

"It will constitutionally sanction the very practices that put the pension system into the state they are right now," said Brian Volz, a spokesman for the New Jersey Education Association, the state's largest teachers union.

The pension system for public workers, teachers, police and firefighters is underfunded by $46 billion and risks becoming insolvent unless fixes are made.

The state for years has skipped or greatly reduced its annual contribution to the system, diverting money that should have been budgeted for such contributions to other spending, including general operations. Local government employers and employees have been making their scheduled contributions, although former Gov. Jon Corzine allowed municipalities to defer half their payment last year because of the recession.

The state's full payment for the upcoming year is about $3 billion, and could grow to as much as $4.4 billion the following year, according to an estimate quoted by Steve Lonegan, a conservative former mayor of Bogota in Bergen County and unsuccessful candidate for governor.

In testimony Monday, Lonegan said he agreed with the unions who oppose the measure, groups with which he has seldom found common ground.

By 2017, he said the state's full contribution to the system could be as high as $12.3 billion. At best, he said, it would be around $5.5 billion, nearly all the revenue generated from the state sales tax.

"Where is this money going to come from? Is there going to be a major, major reduction in state services? Or massive tax hikes that could be crippling to this economy," Lonegan asked. "You'll never be able to make that pension payment seven years from now. that could bring economic collapse to the state."

However, the resolution's prime sponsors, Senate President Steve Sweeney and Senate Republican Leader Tom Kean Jr. said the measure would help the state to keep its promise of a secure retirement for career public employees.

The Senate unanimously passed a three-bill package of pension and health benefits reforms last week that would cap the value of unused sick days retiring public employees can cash out at $15,000; require all government workers to contribute at least 1.5 percent of their salaries toward their health insurance costs; and bar part-time workers from enrolling in the state pension system.

The Assembly Budget Committee is scheduled to hear from experts on the status of the pension system on Thursday. It has yet to take up the reform package.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

© 2010 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

Guest Guest

FUNNY HOW 14 MILLION AMERICANS ARE LAIDED OFF YET 13 MILLION ILLEGALS HAVE JOBS DO THE NUMBERS BUDDY I DON'T NEED TO BE IN OFFICE TO SEE WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THIS COUNTRY AND STATE.

Guest Guest
FUNNY HOW 14 MILLION AMERICANS ARE LAIDED OFF YET 13 MILLION ILLEGALS HAVE JOBS DO THE NUMBERS BUDDY I DON'T NEED TO BE IN OFFICE TO SEE WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THIS COUNTRY AND STATE.

THIS COUNTRY'S TRUTH LAST 30 YEARS ,

THE A SAD STATE OF THE GREED OVER PEOPLE.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

OINK. OINK.

hey bluetidebacker...

I thought Christie was going to fix everything? What happened?

So if I'm following along here... My property taxes are definetely going to go up. Probably going to see layoffs in the towns and schools as well, so unemployment will go up also. JULY WILL BE A HOT MONTH .

He hasn't solved anything with the pensions,all services will be down but my taxes will be going up , also - if not by Christie then by court order to pay the pensions. At the end of four years, this one-term governor will be as welcome as a skunk at a lawn party

Not a bad start. Now let's see if he can give my dog cancer.

HE S**ks

Christie = higher taxes. Just wait until the next tax bill. The people that voted for him will get exactly what they deserve.

Guest Stop!
Remember this famous saying: When the going gets tough, the tough ............quit ???

Let's keep Sarah Palin out of this. At least Ray is finishing his term.