Cut In School State Aid

Guest Guest

Does anyone know if the Harrison School District has a surplus of funds?? I just read an article in the Jersey Journal today that states that they are losing $2.5 million from the state... here is an excerpt from the article.

"Some Hudson County districts were spared. Bayonne and West New York will not lose any state aid and Hudson County Vocational will lose only $253. (DOES JIMMY D WISH HE WAS STILL THERE????)

But, Kearny will lose $3.87 million, followed by Jersey City with $3.565 million, HARRISON with $2.455 million and North Bergen with $2.058 million.

East Newark is taking a $827,937 hit, followed by Guttenberg with $816,301, Hoboken with $669,521, Weehawken with $500,013 and Secaucus with $75,974."

HEY MAYOR WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?? MAY DAY MAY DAY HOUSTON WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if the Harrison School District has a surplus of funds?? I just read an article in the Jersey Journal today that states that they are losing $2.5 million from the state... here is an excerpt from the article.

"Some Hudson County districts were spared. Bayonne and West New York will not lose any state aid and Hudson County Vocational will lose only $253. (DOES JIMMY D WISH HE WAS STILL THERE????)

But, Kearny will lose $3.87 million, followed by Jersey City with $3.565 million, HARRISON with $2.455 million and North Bergen with $2.058 million.

East Newark is taking a $827,937 hit, followed by Guttenberg with $816,301, Hoboken with $669,521, Weehawken with $500,013 and Secaucus with $75,974."

HEY MAYOR WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?? MAY DAY MAY DAY HOUSTON WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

But, we do have a new high school, thanks to the state.

Dear Taxpayers, I was advised by the state and am aware that Harrison will be loosing some aid, I will promise to have Jim pay for his own office expenses, which we thought we could afford with the surplus we had, Jim spent alot of money having Raymoore and Flanningan furnishings come in and Blinds to go also outfitted this grand office. I promise he will now have to give the Harrison School District the $59,600. that was spent.

Dear Taxpayers, I was advised by the state and am aware that Harrison will be loosing some aid, I will promise to have Jim pay for his own office expenses, which we thought we could afford with the surplus we had, Jim spent alot of money having Raymoore and Flanningan furnishings come in and Blinds to go also outfitted this grand office. I promise he will now have to give the Harrison School District the $59,600. that was spent.

Kudoos to the Mayor!!! On this matter, he's doing the right thing. With money tight, the new supor should have either kept the old office as it was good enough for the previous occupant or 'volunterily' offered to pay for the 'new' refurnishing of the plce.

You did the right thing mayor!

It is true? almost $60,000. spent on renovations, did they realy think that the rubber stamped application for the cash was going to be approved again as always. Jim Doran should pay that back to the school the teachers are the people that truly care about the kids Jim and friends care about what is in it for them.

Christie: NJ budget cuts need legislative approval

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Last updated: Wednesday February 17, 2010, 5:38 PM

Associated Press

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TRENTON — Less than a week after ordering a spending freeze to close a $2.2 billion budget gap, Governor Christie acknowledged Wednesday that he cannot complete the midyear budget-balancing moves by executive order alone and needs approval from the Democratic Legislature.

The executive order by the new Republican governor freezing aid to schools, hospitals, colleges and transit surprised Democrats in the Legislature and endangered the bipartisan good will that characterized Christie's first three weeks in office.

Read the Rest of the Article Click Here