Mayor Santos

Guest Guest

Today, Mayor Santos gave himself the day off. State was closed, The County was closed, yet he keeps the women working in the Town Hall. What a real MAN he is! At least we know who is doing the ********* in that relationship! March 1 can't get here quick enough....

Today, Mayor Santos gave himself the day off. State was closed, The County was closed, yet he keeps the women working in the Town Hall. What a real MAN he is! At least we know who is doing the ********* in that relationship! March 1 can't get here quick enough....

HE'S REAL FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS!

I thought Kearny employees get 3 paid personal days and 20 vacation days a year. Why not use one of those days? Why get another paid day off, at taxpayer expense?

As to the snow season, in most years there's some snow after March 1.

I thought Kearny employees get 3 paid personal days and 20 vacation days a year. Why not use one of those days? Why get another paid day off, at taxpayer expense?

Why is everyone complaining.You are the one`s who voted him in another 4 years.

WE PAY THE TEACHERS, DON'T WE? THEY WERE OFF! March 1 was in reference to the day Santos will be leaving office

WE PAY THE TEACHERS, DON'T WE? THEY WERE OFF! March 1 was in reference to the day Santos will be leaving office

What do you mean Santos will leave office on March 1, he was just re-elected for another 4 years.

Teachers have "snow days" in their contracts. Town Hall doesn't. If you want a day off so badly, use one of your paid personal days or paid 20 vacation days. Plus 12 paid holidays, plus a paid birthday, plus paid floating holidays. We're in the great recession, unemployment is going up, cities are laying off people and you have the audacity to ask for a "snow day" paid by the Kearny taxpayers???

Mayor Santos' term ends on December 31, 2013. As to the rumors he's resigning as Mayor to take another office, he said at the last Council meeting that he was staying Mayor of Kearny.

Take a deep breath. You're experiencing delusional fantasies.

Teachers have "snow days" in their contracts. Town Hall doesn't. If you want a day off so badly, use one of your paid personal days or paid 20 vacation days. Plus 12 paid holidays, plus a paid birthday, plus paid floating holidays. We're in the great recession, unemployment is going up, cities are laying off people and you have the audacity to ask for a "snow day" paid by the Kearny taxpayers???

Mayor Santos' term ends on December 31, 2013. As to the rumors he's resigning as Mayor to take another office, he said at the last Council meeting that he was staying Mayor of Kearny.

Take a deep breath. You're experiencing delusional fantasies.

You’re off on the number of days the employees get off. I did not vote him in. the tax payer is also paying is salary at the county and his stipend at the town hall, if he had a paid snow day at the County he should have been at the town hall as a FULL TIME mayor. It was a dangerous driving day and keeping people off the road would have been the responsible thing. We know who does all the work and it isn’t him or the BA who by the way decided for himself to take more money from the tax payers.. Can you all say double dipping… double dipping… double dipping!!! To the tune of a more than $20,000.00. Have any of you seen the employees at the town hall they are all miserable because they are treated like CRAP! The mayor you voted in is not a leader his little side kick is hitler like and that Doyle person is just evil! But like it has been and will be said opinions are like assholes we all have them… I do hope that the rumors of being Santos free are true… If you are interested in getting a job and the benefits the town has to offer you can apply for a position.. There is a need for a Town Clerk, Tax Collector and a Librarian and IM sure police and fire personal. The employees work hard and people like you should really know what you are talking about before talking….

You’re off on the number of days the employees get off. I did not vote him in. the tax payer is also paying is salary at the county and his stipend at the town hall, if he had a paid snow day at the County he should have been at the town hall as a FULL TIME mayor. It was a dangerous driving day and keeping people off the road would have been the responsible thing. We know who does all the work and it isn’t him or the BA who by the way decided for himself to take more money from the tax payers.. Can you all say double dipping… double dipping… double dipping!!! To the tune of a more than $20,000.00. Have any of you seen the employees at the town hall they are all miserable because they are treated like CRAP! The mayor you voted in is not a leader his little side kick is hitler like and that Doyle person is just evil! But like it has been and will be said opinions are like assholes we all have them… I do hope that the rumors of being Santos free are true… If you are interested in getting a job and the benefits the town has to offer you can apply for a position.. There is a need for a Town Clerk, Tax Collector and a Librarian and IM sure police and fire personal. The employees work hard and people like you should really know what you are talking about before talking….

If the number of days is off, that's because it's 4 personal days, not 3.

If you were concerned about safety, you could have had the day off if you took one of your existing paid days, not create a new one.

Have you listened to the Governor? Do you realize there is serious hardship ahead for all government employees? Do you think the Kearny Mayor and Council have that kind of money to give away when there's a hatchet coming? When will employees stop crying "more, more, more"??

It's funny, or WOULD be if it wasnt so sad. You folks are nothing but sheep, bleating the lines fed to you by a Media who does all your thinking for you. Where was the outrage as the politicians put their cronies into multiple no-show jobs each one carrying a salary and a pension? Where was your Outrage when Whitman, then McGreevy, and then Corzine Allowed toe Towns to defer their Pension payments..yet instead of using that money to reduce taxes, spent it like Sailors on Shore Leave?? Where was your Outrage when the Vartan Administration reduced the departments in town by a third, causing service delays, and putting everyone in danger with less cops and firefighters?? Where was your Outrage when the town Abaondoned South Kearny, raising your taxes and ignoring a potential source of Industry and Business? It isnt a Republican or Democrat Problem, it isnt a Santos, or McIntyre, or Vartan Problem, it isnt a Town, County or State problem, it's a problem with YOU...the Apathetic mouth-breather who ignores all of the small fires until the whole place is ablaze, then Blaming the flames themselves, rather than the situation that allowed the problem to grow until it was too late.... And no, im NOT a firefighter before someone accuses me, that is what is called a "Metaphor" (look it up on Wiki if you dont understand the term). YOU all allowed this situation to get to where it is, and now you want to blame everyone but yourselves for the result of YOUR bad decisions as taxpayers.

Guest Kardinal

Town Hall employees get their birthdays off as a paid holiday? What is this, Shangri La?

I'm not interested in getting a job with the town. I'm a taxpayer. I'm interested in cutting waste and unnecessary expenses so my taxes don't go higher than the $12,000 a year I'm already paying. I would say paying you to stay home on your birthday is one of the things that should be cut.

If the number of days is off, that's because it's 4 personal days, not 3.

If you were concerned about safety, you could have had the day off if you took one of your existing paid days, not create a new one.

Have you listened to the Governor? Do you realize there is serious hardship ahead for all government employees? Do you think the Kearny Mayor and Council have that kind of money to give away when there's a hatchet coming? When will employees stop crying "more, more, more"??

You are not paying me to stay home on my birthday but I would accept the gift :) as long as it does not come from tax dollars. Guess what you can take the day off from any job on your birthday and get paid.

The employees are not crying more money, more money if you pay attention you will see it is the CFO and the BA crying for MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY!!! And getting it! they claim it’s a savings yes Sharon was paid a lot of money she was there a LONG time and that is how it works a new comer coming in would not get longevity and would start off at a step one level and another family would have an income. Can I please get an answer as to why Santos wasn’t in the town hall on that snow day we paid him to be off of the county job that he has because of the title he holds? Can I please get an answer please you are paying him as am I to be present and available yet he never is? He is always late for functions why? Because he thinks he can and guess what he can because he is not held accountable or responsible for his actions.

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm – not sure about the money but apparently they have it and use it when they feel like it kind of like when we the tax payers are paying for a retirement party for a chosen one or few but not for all…. I do not want to pay for any town functions do a fund raiser STOP taking my money. Isn’t it illegal to use tax dollars for retirement parties? If it’s not it should be.

Guest In the Know
You are not paying me to stay home on my birthday but I would accept the gift :) as long as it does not come from tax dollars. Guess what you can take the day off from any job on your birthday and get paid.

The employees are not crying more money, more money if you pay attention you will see it is the CFO and the BA crying for MORE MONEY, MORE MONEY!!! And getting it! they claim it’s a savings yes Sharon was paid a lot of money she was there a LONG time and that is how it works a new comer coming in would not get longevity and would start off at a step one level and another family would have an income. Can I please get an answer as to why Santos wasn’t in the town hall on that snow day we paid him to be off of the county job that he has because of the title he holds? Can I please get an answer please you are paying him as am I to be present and available yet he never is? He is always late for functions why? Because he thinks he can and guess what he can because he is not held accountable or responsible for his actions.

HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm – not sure about the money but apparently they have it and use it when they feel like it kind of like when we the tax payers are paying for a retirement party for a chosen one or few but not for all…. I do not want to pay for any town functions do a fund raiser STOP taking my money. Isn’t it illegal to use tax dollars for retirement parties? If it’s not it should be.

FACT: the union contract with clerks at town hall provides for a paid birthday holiday.

FACT: Santos was in the DPW garage and driving the streets during the snow storm.

FACT: Santos hasn't missed a single council meeting ever.

Guest Two Cents, Two Votes
FACT: the union contract with clerks at town hall provides for a paid birthday holiday.

FACT: Santos was in the DPW garage and driving the streets during the snow storm.

FACT: Santos hasn't missed a single council meeting ever.

My household will vote for the council candidate who promises he'll get rid of paid birthdays.

Why aren't Kearny employees being made to cut back like everyone else?

Guest Master of the Obvious

In answer to your question, "is he real?", uh, yes. It's like 10 years he's been Mayor. Where you've been, under a rock?

My household will vote for the council candidate who promises he'll get rid of paid birthdays.

Why aren't Kearny employees being made to cut back like everyone else?

I think no matter where you work your Birthday should be a paid holiday... why the hell not? Its a personal important celebration day. Or at the very least you should get to transfer it to the friday of that week. Who the hell cares? It's like barging for a contract and recieving 11 personal days instead of 10. Lets be thankful Kearny is in pretty good economic shape considering the times. All the other towns are laying off and cutting back a lot of services, Kearny isn't making these major cut backs...

I think no matter where you work your Birthday should be a paid holiday... why the hell not? Its a personal important celebration day. Or at the very least you should get to transfer it to the friday of that week. Who the hell cares? It's like barging for a contract and recieving 11 personal days instead of 10. Lets be thankful Kearny is in pretty good economic shape considering the times. All the other towns are laying off and cutting back a lot of services, Kearny isn't making these major cut backs...

I don`t know where you live. But TAXE`S have gone up since SANTOS became MAYOR of KEARNY. Ten years of raising taxes!! No lay-offs ? Wait till the Town has to pay out the money awarded to the SUPERINTENDANT OF RECREATION for the lawsuit he won in court. The Town apealled the case and lost,and they still did not pay s.o.r.. Wait the worst is yet to come!!!!!!!

I don`t know where you live. But TAXE`S have gone up since SANTOS became MAYOR of KEARNY. Ten years of raising taxes!! No lay-offs ? Wait till the Town has to pay out the money awarded to the SUPERINTENDANT OF RECREATION for the lawsuit he won in court. The Town apealled the case and lost,and they still did not pay s.o.r.. Wait the worst is yet to come!!!!!!!

The majority of Taxes does not go towards Municipal Services. Kearny was one of the few towns in the State whose credit rating was raised during this past year. (Which is a sign of solvency). Taxes go up all over the state every year it has nothing to do with specifically Kearny. Most people's salaries go up year after year (I'm talking about tax payers) it is the way of the world. I do live in Kearny. I pay Kearny taxes. Kearny has good services (glad I don't live in Harrison). The majority of my post was about the "Birthday thing". Lets be real. Giving someone an extra day off doesn't affect taxes at all. If anything it effects services and I don't see services being effected for this.

The majority of Taxes does not go towards Municipal Services. Kearny was one of the few towns in the State whose credit rating was raised during this past year. (Which is a sign of solvency). Taxes go up all over the state every year it has nothing to do with specifically Kearny. Most people's salaries go up year after year (I'm talking about tax payers) it is the way of the world. I do live in Kearny. I pay Kearny taxes. Kearny has good services (glad I don't live in Harrison). The majority of my post was about the "Birthday thing". Lets be real. Giving someone an extra day off doesn't affect taxes at all. If anything it effects services and I don't see services being effected for this.

it ISNT an "extra" day off. if they choose to take their Birthday off, then they get PAID one less Holiday. IIRC there is something liek 12 paid holidays. If an employee chooses to take their birthday then they only get paid for 11 of those. NO NET CHANGE....but then again since when have anything as trivial as actual facts ever been a factor on KOTW...

Guest It's Here

It's March 1st. Kearny Mayor is still Mayor Santos. Nothing's changed. Santos was at Town Hall and on Kearny Avenue.

The funny part is not the troublemaker who made this rumor up. The funny part is how many people fell for it.

Guest Love Me My Santos
It's March 1st. Kearny Mayor is still Mayor Santos. Nothing's changed. Santos was at Town Hall and on Kearny Avenue.

The funny part is not the troublemaker who made this rumor up. The funny part is how many people fell for it.

Yeah, isn't it amazing what some people will believe---and pass on? There is no legislation that precludes the Mayor from his position at the County. He does a great job as Clerk to the Board of Freeholders and his elected office is secure. He's in office for at least the remainder of the current four year term. Thank you, God, for small favors!

Now shut down the rumor mill and get back to work solving the world's real problems.

Guest Guest
Yeah, isn't it amazing what some people will believe---and pass on? There is no legislation that precludes the Mayor from his position at the County. He does a great job as Clerk to the Board of Freeholders and his elected office is secure. He's in office for at least the remainder of the current four year term. Thank you, God, for small favors!

Now shut down the rumor mill and get back to work solving the world's real problems.

Let's just take a quick look backwards. I'll stay with Santos . He has done a good honest job. That is more than we could get from recent past mayors. As for the snow. It was taken care of a at a resonable cost.

Good job Mayor, Street department and others.

Happy in Kearny

Guest Fact Finder
it ISNT an "extra" day off. if they choose to take their Birthday off, then they get PAID one less Holiday. IIRC there is something liek 12 paid holidays. If an employee chooses to take their birthday then they only get paid for 11 of those. NO NET CHANGE....but then again since when have anything as trivial as actual facts ever been a factor on KOTW...

Not true. Kearny employees get there birthday off as a paid holiday. Town Hall is closed on all holidays and employees get paid for ALL of them. Plus, holidays include both Lincoln and Presidents Day in February, the day after Thanksgiving and two "bonus" holidays that can be anytime in the year, all of them paid. Last year, one of the bonus holidays was August 28! Town hall shut down that day.

With fewer holidays you'd get more customer service and more work done.