So Where Are The Mayoral Candidates?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
This is the way I see it.

Doran wants McDonough out. He’s afraid that a McDonough might be too vulnerable against a McCormick in November.

If a McCormick wins in November, then Jim Boy no longer owns the town. And there is no way that the Superintendent will put up with that prospect. I mean, we got $250,000 per year on the line here! Not to mention control of the largest budget item and roster of employees in town.

It is said that Doran wants Jim Fife to make the bid. Fife is a mentor to Doran from time past.

If Doran gives the nod to Fife, then Nascimento, Choffo, Dologhan, Huranga, Pettigrew, and all the others will be on board.

But when will Doran sit McDonough down to spell out this scenario to him?

Trust me, Ladies and Gentlemen, there are some serious conversations going on here.

But those conversations always seem to come down to one name…Fife.

James Fife. Our next Mayor?

The above post is from February 7th. How accurate was that insight/prediction?

Guest guest
I just read in the Jersey Journal that Dan Kelly is running for Mayor. One of the first things he should do is to fire the Catman. Now that McDonough is gone, he should also be gone. We all know why he was hired.

They should have the county take over the Health dept. along with the Library. That's how they do it in Ocean County.

The HFD should be half volunteer and half paid. Kearny doesn't want them and neither does E. Newark. Since EN doesn't want to merge Police Departments all other shared services such as street cleaning, ambulances, should be cut. the water dept. is being taken over by Passaic Valley. Maybe the laid off workers can get jobs there.

Who is Dan Kelly?

Guest Guest
guess you haven't lived in town long if you don't know who Dan Kelly is.

Anyone who remembers Dan Kelly at all remembers a ******* who used to drive around town in a police car with a lackey friend of his from the HPD. It was embarrassing for one and all.

A Kelly candidacy would be even more comical than a McCormick candidacy.

I doubt seriously that Doran is in the mood for a laugh. Thus, Kelly is NOT our next Mayor. Trust me.

Guest Guest
Anyone who remembers Dan Kelly at all remembers a ******* who used to drive around town in a police car with a lackey friend of his from the HPD. It was embarrassing for one and all.

I doubt seriously that Doran is in the mood for a laugh. Thus, Kelly is NOT our next Mayor. Trust me.

Doran may not be in the mood for a laugh but he has certainly turned out to be a joke. Other than getting himself, family, and friends high paying jobs, I would like to ask anyone to list his accomplishments since he is in office. I can't think of any.

I didn't hear him vote "no" to any of the bond ordinances that put Harrison thirty five million in the red. Doran is worse than any of the recent leaders we have had, because of his education he should know better.

Doran for Doran, period. As for the rest of the Town of Harrison, "Let them eat cake".

Guest Guest

Who is the lackey Police Officer who drove Dan Kelly around in a police car. Is he still on the force?

Guest Guest
Doran may not be in the mood for a laugh but he has certainly turned out to be a joke. Other than getting himself, family, and friends high paying jobs, I would like to ask anyone to list his accomplishments since he is in office. I can't think of any.

I didn't hear him vote "no" to any of the bond ordinances that put Harrison thirty five million in the red. Doran is worse than any of the recent leaders we have had, because of his education he should know better.

Doran for Doran, period. As for the rest of the Town of Harrison, "Let them eat cake".

Can't ask him today, he's in Washington DC.

Guest Guest
Can't ask him today, he's in Washington DC.

Yes I overheard them (Choppo and Doran) speaking in the office about this road trip. Hope they didn't take BOE petty cash.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
guess you haven't lived in town long if you don't know who Dan Kelly is.

He is a ***** and **** ****** ( ********** ) Anyone who votes for him must be retarded , to even think of him running for a position Like Mayor is even more unbelievable ,what is wrong with you people of Harrison WAKE UP !!