So Where Are The Mayoral Candidates?

Guest Guest

It’s now February- only four months prior to the primary.

I mean, this is getting pitiful. All these complaints on this board but no candidates are stepping forward.

We know Doran is out of the race. What about some of his friends? Is good old Fife savoring the prospect? What about the Choffo kid? Will Nascimento risk it? Just for laughs, will Doran lure Party Artie back to the arena? Is it true that the cousin of Doran’s is thinking about making a bid?

What about the McCormicks? Is this a husband and wife team that will perform as well as Bill and Hillary did back in the Primary of ‘08? Does Pinho help or hurt them with his nerdish and pestering persona?

My God, so many questions.

But no one else seems to be stepping forward to announce their candidacy. I felt for sure we would we would see some excitement before spring’s arrival. Ah, Harrison disappoints me once again.

However, you know who’s happy? Yep, you guess it…I saw Raymond smiling just the other day. A real, genuine smile, I say. Yep, the old boy is happy because he’s coasting to victory in November.

God help us.

Guest BlueTideBacker

It’s now February- only four months prior to the primary.

I mean, this is getting pitiful. All these complaints on this board but no candidates are stepping forward.

We know Doran is out of the race. What about some of his friends? Is good old Fife savoring the prospect? What about the Choffo kid? Will Nascimento risk it? Just for laughs, will Doran lure Party Artie back to the arena? Is it true that the cousin of Doran’s is thinking about making a bid?

What about the McCormicks? Is this a husband and wife team that will perform as well as Bill and Hillary did back in the Primary of ‘08? Does Pinho help or hurt them with his nerdish and pestering persona?

My God, so many questions.

But no one else seems to be stepping forward to announce their candidacy. I felt for sure we would we would see some excitement before spring’s arrival. Ah, Harrison disappoints me once again.

However, you know who’s happy? Yep, you guess it…I saw Raymond smiling just the other day. A real, genuine smile, I say. Yep, the old boy is happy because he’s coasting to victory in November.

God help us.

God help us is right. Sadly, most people in Harrison are struggling to pay their high taxes and don't have the time to get involved with politics. Of course, the

mayor knows this, hence the smile. What Harrison needs is a bright, articulate person to step forward and run for mayor , but I don't see it happening any

time soon.

Since Mayor Rodgers retired and annointed McDonough to assume the throne, the town has gone downhill and I don't see it coming back. The old saying: Garbage In, Garbage Out comes to mind.

God help us is right. Sadly, most people in Harrison are struggling to pay their high taxes and don't have the time to get involved with politics. Of course, the

mayor knows this, hence the smile. What Harrison needs is a bright, articulate person to step forward and run for mayor , but I don't see it happening any

time soon.

Since Mayor Rodgers retired and annointed McDonough to assume the throne, the town has gone downhill and I don't see it coming back. The old saying: Garbage In, Garbage Out comes to mind.

Why don't you run for mayor, Mister Smarty Pants. It seems you have all the answers all the time.

Guest Race Caller

Couple horses in this race who have yet to, and maybe never will, leave the barn...

The horses are, in no particular order..

1. McDonough - When one really thinks about it, it is his if he wants it

2. Steve Mc - Seems like the most likely to bash heads and go for it all/ Prooved he has control of 2nd ward/ Question is has he gained or lost votes with his actions at council meetings/

3. Nascimento - Portuguese vote... had a good showing during last election/ might have doran's blessing on, albiet silent...

4. Fife - Do not see him running against the Mayor. Only if mayor does not run.

5. Choffo - Only if above scenerio plays out and Fife doesn't want it

6. Maria Mc - Not up for re-election, can run and let steve maintian 2nd ward council seat, she speakes portuguese

7. Mike Dologhan - If Mayor steps aside, rumblings are Mike is fed up enough with the McCormicks to run, finally go to the head of the Operation and become a town figurehead like his brother

8. Larry Bennet - Either will or he wont, and no one will talk him in or out of it/ Heard he definitely is and also heard he definitely is not/ who knows

9. Jesus Huranga/ Family of the mayor now, and maybe the mayor gives him teh blessing, which would keep the mayor closely involved if he decides to step down.. Jesus' strentgths lie in reality (redevelopment looming)

10. Artie Pettigrew - Has the experience and the set to run

11. Joe Bubeanus - If mayor steps aside, He might make push, well known around town will all parents, runs a good rec dept.

12. WILD CARD - Person X who either the mayor has in mind, doran has in mind, or McCormick has in mind. Also in play/ Anyone with political ambition that realizes that in a race with multiple canindates, they're chances go way up/

My prediction, if u have 3 legitimet people in teh race, you will ge at least 2 additional wild cards that smell a weakness and roll the dice..

PS- I have no inside info, just guessing, trying to not disparage anyone, just throwing out names, no harm no foul, anyone else have a hunch?

Why don't you run for mayor, Mister Smarty Pants. It seems you have all the answers all the time.

Watch it now! Your Harrison education is showing. No need to be nasty, they are absolutly correct and have every right to say so!

Couple horses in this race who have yet to, and maybe never will, leave the barn...

2. Steve Mc - Seems like the most likely to bash heads and go for it all/ Prooved he has control of 2nd ward/ Question is has he gained or lost votes with his actions at council meetings/

3. Nascimento - Portuguese vote... had a good showing during last election/ might have doran's blessing on, albiet silent...

6. Maria Mc - Not up for re-election, can run and let steve maintian 2nd ward council seat, she speakes portuguese

7. Mike Dologhan - If Mayor steps aside, rumblings are Mike is fed up enough with the McCormicks to run, finally go to the head of the Operation and become a town figurehead like his brother

8. Larry Bennet - Either will or he wont, and no one will talk him in or out of it/ Heard he definitely is and also heard he definitely is not/ who knows

9. Jesus Huranga/ Family of the mayor now, and maybe the mayor gives him teh blessing, which would keep the mayor closely involved if he decides to step down.. Jesus' strentgths lie in reality (redevelopment looming)

11. Joe Bubeanus - If mayor steps aside, He might make push, well known around town will all parents, runs a good rec dept.

12. WILD CARD - Person X who either the mayor has in mind, doran has in mind, or McCormick has in mind. Also in play/ Anyone with political ambition that realizes that in a race with multiple canindates, they're chances go way up/

My prediction, if u have 3 legitimet people in teh race, you will ge at least 2 additional wild cards that smell a weakness and roll the dice..

PS- I have no inside info, just guessing, trying to not disparage anyone, just throwing out names, no harm no foul, anyone else have a hunch?

Wow, Dude, you've given us a virtual Chinese menu here. Interesting.

All of the people you mention are either in this administration, were in the administration, or connected to the administration. If any of these people are elected, nothing will change. If there are more than two candidates, the administration has the advantage because all of the people in the party will vote for the same man and split the anti vote.

What we need is a total outsider. Someone who has been a town resident for a long time, with inside knowledge of how the town works, and who makes it run. Someone, who will be able to change the business as usual routine of Harrison's government.

Frank Rodgers' long success was attributed to his ability to surround himself with competent people who made the whole thing work without his day to day micro management. A lesson, "The Plumber," hasn't learned. We have a lot of people who are discontented, with good reason, because of mis management in many areas. The number of discontented will grow as a result of high taxes, and higher rents. How much have your taxes gone up since "the Hotel" and the "JFK stadium giveaway," were going to save our tax base?

It is becoming apparent the more we build, the more our taxes rise. At least we are close to the Red Bull stadium, so all our taxpayers who financed the place can go there and watch a 5-19 team run back and forth.

We need someone with a new vision for Harrison. We have many such people who are residents, I hope one of them decides to enter the race.

All of the people you mention are either in this administration, were in the administration, or connected to the administration. If any of these people are elected, nothing will change. If there are more than two candidates, the administration has the advantage because all of the people in the party will vote for the same man and split the anti vote.

What we need is a total outsider. Someone who has been a town resident for a long time, with inside knowledge of how the town works, and who makes it run. Someone, who will be able to change the business as usual routine of Harrison's government.

Frank Rodgers' long success was attributed to his ability to surround himself with competent people who made the whole thing work without his day to day micro management. A lesson, "The Plumber," hasn't learned. We have a lot of people who are discontented, with good reason, because of mis management in many areas. The number of discontented will grow as a result of high taxes, and higher rents. How much have your taxes gone up since "the Hotel" and the "JFK stadium giveaway," were going to save our tax base?

It is becoming apparent the more we build, the more our taxes rise. At least we are close to the Red Bull stadium, so all our taxpayers who financed the place can go there and watch a 5-19 team run back and forth.

We need someone with a new vision for Harrison. We have many such people who are residents, I hope one of them decides to enter the race.

You'll never find anyone to run. There's no one with any intelligence left in Town (The desperate search for a candidate proves it!) Anyone with even half a brain has already split! Pretty pathetic that a Town with almost 15,000 people can't come up with one candidate. McDUMBELL accomplished exactly what he and Higgins planned years ago, eliminate compitition by making it impossible to raise kids, send them to College, all while paying 10's of thousands of dollars in taxes. These two wanted rid of the "Old Harrison Type People" and replaced with "Rich young Hoboken type Yuppies" who would never complain about the taxes. If you think that this guy cares about the Seniors or the Lifelong residents, think again. All he cares about is getting you out of Town by raising taxes or going to see you in Mulligans! 25 years ago this guy would have been on the Street Dept.! The only reason that he made Mayor is because "Pope Frank" handed it to him. Anyone with some guts has to find someone to run and win! You don't have to even get rid of the Councilmen (They'll scatter like Rats in a Meth Lab Fire with a new Mayor) All they do is sit at the meetings like Head Nodding Puppets anyway. (Except for Steve and Maria McCormick) If they were elected the Town could not lose. You would have two experienced heads working 24/7 to change things. Done properly, they could win! The Plumber is ripe for the taking because he's on his own during this election the Brains is no longer at his side.

The Plumber is ripe for the taking because he's on his own during this election the Brains is no longer at his side.

However, if Doran is at his side, then the Plumber wins. Let's face it, Doran is the big player in this election. Money and influence goes a long way.

This is the way I see it.

Doran wants McDonough out. He’s afraid that a McDonough might be too vulnerable against a McCormick in November.

If a McCormick wins in November, then Jim Boy no longer owns the town. And there is no way that the Superintendent will put up with that prospect. I mean, we got $250,000 per year on the line here! Not to mention control of the largest budget item and roster of employees in town.

It is said that Doran wants Jim Fife to make the bid. Fife is a mentor to Doran from time past.

If Doran gives the nod to Fife, then Nascimento, Choffo, Dologhan, Huranga, Pettigrew, and all the others will be on board.

But when will Doran sit McDonough down to spell out this scenario to him?

Trust me, Ladies and Gentlemen, there are some serious conversations going on here.

But those conversations always seem to come down to one name…Fife.

James Fife. Our next Mayor?

U forgot the power eater Millan, you certainly can't count him out, he wants so badly to be the LEADER. Heard he's been called to run for Mayor by Mcdonought and the man down the DPW is the consultant for both of those power driven, money sucking people.

U forgot the power eater Millan, you certainly can't count him out, he wants so badly to be the LEADER. Heard he's been called to run for Mayor by Mcdonought and the man down the DPW is the consultant for both of those power driven, money sucking people.

Whom in the DPW? one of the wannabees that wear the bling? or the hard working guys that are always seen earning their pay?

who dis millan be ?????

who dat?????

iwant to be leader for the peoples of the harrison

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GUEST
I will tel you why we do not now who is going to run for mayor because the Mayor McCheese has not decided if he is running yet or going to jail. Hopefully it is the latter.

BENNETT ARE KIDDING ME ! HE IS SO FAR UP THE MAYORS ASS THEY LOOK LIKE TWINS. WHERE DOES BENNETT WORK OR IS HE THE OWNER OF QUICK CHEK HE'S ALWAYS THERE BULL SHITTING. BY THE WAY WHO WOULD FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FOR HIM TO RUN !

Guest Guest
Is it me or have the Council Couple and the PinHead been especially quiet on this board recently???

Whatever could they be up to???

Council Couple who is that? Doran and Nastrimento?

Guest Guest
BENNETT ARE KIDDING ME ! HE IS SO FAR UP THE MAYORS ASS THEY LOOK LIKE TWINS. WHERE DOES BENNETT WORK OR IS HE THE OWNER OF QUICK CHEK HE'S ALWAYS THERE BULL SHITTING. BY THE WAY WHO WOULD FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FOR HIM TO RUN !
Bennett is no politician. Is it me or is he the biggest two side of the fence man in Harrison? Every time I hear him talk he changes his views. If he's in the presence of another politician then he is a McDonough man. When he is out and around town (which is all the time) then he talks just to appease. It's yes to this and yes to that. Hey Larry! Get off the fence or shut the hell up! Take some advice, get out of politics and stop acting like God, you're not good at it and the job is already taken! By the way, standing on the stump in front of Quick Chek isn't getting you anywhere, a laugh? Maybe?

Guest Guest
Council Couple who is that? Doran and Nastrimento?

I had a feeling those two had something going on, is it realy true? no wonder they are always frolocking together. I thought Doran N his ******* ******. Anyway who cares about their personal lives what they do behind closed doors is their personal business.

Guest Guest

I would vote for him! Anyone is better thaan what we have. At this point I would vote for Mickey Mouse.

Guest Guest
I would vote for him! Anyone is better thaan what we have. At this point I would vote for Mickey Mouse.

I just read in the Jersey Journal that Dan Kelly is running for Mayor. One of the first things he should do is to fire the Catman. Now that McDonough is gone, he should also be gone. We all know why he was hired.

They should have the county take over the Health dept. along with the Library. That's how they do it in Ocean County.

The HFD should be half volunteer and half paid. Kearny doesn't want them and neither does E. Newark. Since EN doesn't want to merge Police Departments all other shared services such as street cleaning, ambulances, should be cut. the water dept. is being taken over by Passaic Valley. Maybe the laid off workers can get jobs there.