hARRISON dEFICIT

Guest Guest

The Mayor said that the layoffs will reduce the payroll by 2.9 million. We were getting 5.3 million from the state. That leaves 2.4 million to be made up by an increase in taxes. The only way to reduce this budget is by putting volunteer fireman on when there are retirements in the HFD. There are more then 10 fireman that are eligible to retire and 2 have already put their papers in.

If they replace the Police Chief and Fire director with a Public Safety Director, they can save more money and he or she would serve under the direction of the Mayor.

Guest BlueTideBacker
The Mayor said that the layoffs will reduce the payroll by 2.9 million. We were getting 5.3 million from the state. That leaves 2.4 million to be made up by an increase in taxes. The only way to reduce this budget is by putting volunteer fireman on when there are retirements in the HFD. There are more then 10 fireman that are eligible to retire and 2 have already put their papers in.

If they replace the Police Chief and Fire director with a Public Safety Director, they can save more money and he or she would serve under the direction of the Mayor.

It's not that easy, genius. Do you want to be the first guy to walk into the firehouse and say "I'm here to volunteer" ??

"serving under the direction of the mayor", thats a real scary thought isn't it!

It's not that easy, genius. Do you want to be the first guy to walk into the firehouse and say "I'm here to volunteer" ??

YES! YES I DO! ANYTHING TO STOP THIS MADNESS OF HIGH SALARIES AND 58 FIREMEN FOR 1 SQAUARE MILE IS MUCH TOO EXCESSIVE!

Do you want some stooge running the police and fire Depts, under the direction of the mayor, and council? These are the jerks that put us in the position we are in. The police and fire Depts, are headed by rank and file who took competitive civil service tests. Civil service was started to take the politics out of such promotions and you want appoint some yes man. Could picture Dolaghan or one of the other jerks we have on the council being in charge of the police or fire committees? We would spend ten times the public safety directors salary on law suits. What we have to do here is not replace the police and fire chiefs, but replace the mayor and jerks on the council.

Do you want some stooge running the police and fire Depts, under the direction of the mayor, and council? These are the jerks that put us in the position we are in. The police and fire Depts, are headed by rank and file who took competitive civil service tests. Civil service was started to take the politics out of such promotions and you want appoint some yes man. Could picture Dolaghan or one of the other jerks we have on the council being in charge of the police or fire committees? We would spend ten times the public safety directors salary on law suits. What we have to do here is not replace the police and fire chiefs, but replace the mayor and jerks on the council.

You better get your facts straight. The Police Chief was appointed by the Mayor who made a deal that screwed others from competing in a test for Chief. As for Dolaghan being in charge of the police or fire committees, his brother is Fire Chief. Who do you think these 2 take orders from? The Mayor.

You better get your facts straight. The Police Chief was appointed by the Mayor who made a deal that screwed others from competing in a test for Chief. As for Dolaghan being in charge of the police or fire committees, his brother is Fire Chief. Who do you think these 2 take orders from? The Mayor.

I thought Doran was all buddies with the HPD. What happened with that love affair?

I have my facts straight. The present police chief was appointed by the mayor and council because the civil service testing system was manipulated with the help of the deputy chief. Lets look at some of the appointed department heads who were not in the rank and file. Look at the street department where someone with absolutely no experience in running the street depart was selected. Lets look at the head janitor in the school system, his only credentials was that he barely graduated from the school. How would like one of these appointments to be head of the police and fire dept. Our present fire chief is uniquely qualified in that he was both a policeman, and graduated the police academy and a fireman graduating a fire academy. To put an ex cop in charge of the fire Dept, or visa versa would be a disservice to the community. But it's no big deal, our mayor and council have been making appointments that have been a disservice to the community for years.

I have my facts straight. The present police chief was appointed by the mayor and council because the civil service testing system was manipulated with the help of the deputy chief. Lets look at some of the appointed department heads who were not in the rank and file. Look at the street department where someone with absolutely no experience in running the street depart was selected. Lets look at the head janitor in the school system, his only credentials was that he barely graduated from the school. How would like one of these appointments to be head of the police and fire dept. Our present fire chief is uniquely qualified in that he was both a policeman, and graduated the police academy and a fireman graduating a fire academy. To put an ex cop in charge of the fire Dept, or visa versa would be a disservice to the community. But it's no big deal, our mayor and council have been making appointments that have been a disservice to the community for years.

Thanks for the info TK. We know your uniquely qualified, but you have your time in so you can retire. Christie is going to cut your severance pay to $15,000. Get out while the getting's good. You can always work at *********'s.

I didn't say anthing apbout the polic e department. But the fire department we only need volunteers. As far as the police, we need thrm but we don't need so many chiefs and very few indians. I think the demotions are a good thing and enough for the police.

Our wonderful fire chief couldn't even climb a ladder because his ****** ** ** *** and his **** are not long enough! So what good is he!

Bravo and RIGHT on target... See folks, take a break from all the bashing and commend someone when they hit the nail on the head...

Now, how do we get these people to VOTE!

Like leading a horse to water I suppose...

Why would yuou need more firemen because of the stadium, are you expecting the place to burn down?

No, not expecting it to burn down. What I expect is an increase in traffic. Which will lead to an increase in frustrated drivers. Which will lead to an increase in road rage. Which will lead to an increase in MVA's. (Which if there is any leaky fluids requires or in juried parties requires FD presence). Also I believe you will get your random car fire here and there at the events. People are stupid. If you allow tailgating it will lead to car fires. (it happens at NFL stadiums throughout the season, people apparently think its a good idea to push the grill under their car to let the charcoals cool) If you don't allow tailgating it will lead to fire. (people will try to sneak it and then try to hide it under their car if they think they are about to get caught as stupid as it sounds it happens)

For those above reasons and more thats why the NJSEA created a full time fire department for the Meadowlands Complex. There are full time 24/7. (granted two guys) And are supplemented by a number of part time personnel for all events.

I personally expect to see a major increase in Emergency Service response to that Stadium when events start to happen.

One good thing Harrison did was contract private EMS for coverage for those events.

But that’s just my own personal opinion.

Why would yuou need more firemen because of the stadium, are you expecting the place to burn down?

If you don't like what the town is doing why don't you move out because it's not going to get any better

Bravo and RIGHT on target... See folks, take a break from all the bashing and commend someone when they hit the nail on the head...

Now, how do we get these people to VOTE!

Like leading a horse to water I suppose...

We need to have an election in which there is legitimate competition for the positions by qualified people. I would be thrilled to be able to vote for someone/anyone who will run against these imbeciles.The past few elections have been essentially unopposed. People are afraid to run against them. So much for democracy.

Guest F . GUMP
We need to have an election in which there is legitimate competition for the positions by qualified people. I would be thrilled to be able to vote for someone/anyone who will run against these imbeciles.The past few elections have been essentially unopposed. People are afraid to run against them. So much for democracy.

THE REASON IS,

THE TOWN IS 85%...

imbeciles

YES! YES I DO! ANYTHING TO STOP THIS MADNESS OF HIGH SALARIES AND 58 FIREMEN FOR 1 SQAUARE MILE IS MUCH TOO EXCESSIVE!

Compromise in the middle... Hire future firemen as part-timers as the school crossing guards are. They will make a small p/t salary to augment their regular full-time job which will be a small portion of what the present full-time firemen are making; but will still be an 'incentive' to hopefully with the extremely 'tight' job market for forseable future, will get 'anough' applicants who will be 'happy' to have that 'second' p/t job to 'add' to their tight income.