Norman Treveno Letter to Editor

Guest Treveno Fan

Guest Treveno Fan

Take a look at this letter in the Jersey Journal from Norman Treveno of Harrison. Right on the money. As they say follow the money.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/jjournal/letters...1270.xml&coll=3

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Harrison gets traffic, taxes

Monday, October 23, 2006

Letters to the Editor

© copyright The Jersey Journal

I just returned home from Harrison's town meeting and I always thought town meetings were held to answer the public's questions and let the public know what's going on but not our meeting.

A statement was read from the Planning Board and the redevelopment board but he was addressing the property owners who are going to lose their property to eminent domain. I have a question: when is this development going to lower my TAXES?

Steve McCormick asked, "What are the developers giving back to the town?" No answer from our town officials but in my opinion, Steve, the developers did give back but not to the public. When all this is said and done and the people find out how much traffic is in Harrison and our taxes climb sky high, it would be too late and all of our town officials will have relocated to different areas.

Mr. Millan had a good idea - put it on a referendum and let the people that are staying decide whether we want more traffic and higher taxes.

We don't have much more room in Harrison to build more schools for children of 7,000 more families. All people have to do is use a little common sense - put the pros and cons together and start thinking. That's what scares our mayor, council men and women - when we start thinking.

NORMAN R. TREVENA HARRISON

norman :rolleyes::lol::P

He's a real refined person can't you tell.

Did he graduate 8th or 9th grade before going down to the DPW ?

He did recieve his masters in titsucking for over 30 years down there..

Zero credibility!!!!!

LIKE MILLAN.

Take a look at this letter in the Jersey Journal from Norman Treveno of Harrison.  Right on the money.  As they say follow the money.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/jjournal/letters...1270.xml&coll=3

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Harrison gets traffic, taxes

Monday, October 23, 2006

Letters to the Editor

© copyright The Jersey Journal

I just returned home from Harrison's town meeting and I always thought town meetings were held to answer the public's questions and let the public know what's going on but not our meeting.

A statement was read from the Planning Board and the redevelopment board but he was addressing the property owners who are going to lose their property to eminent domain. I have a question: when is this development going to lower my TAXES?

Steve McCormick asked, "What are the developers giving back to the town?" No answer from our town officials but in my opinion, Steve, the developers did give back but not to the public. When all this is said and done and the people find out how much traffic is in Harrison and our taxes climb sky high, it would be too late and all of our town officials will have relocated to different areas.

Mr. Millan had a good idea - put it on a referendum and let the people that are staying decide whether we want more traffic and higher taxes.

We don't have much more room in Harrison to build more schools for children of 7,000 more families. All people have to do is use a little common sense - put the pros and cons together and start thinking. That's what scares our mayor, council men and women - when we start thinking.

NORMAN R. TREVENA HARRISON

the bastard can't hear? how the f*ck does he know what was said? now he's backing millan? he was the first to spew racial slurs at him before. fall from grace norman? :rolleyes:

the bastard can't hear? how the f*ck does he know what was said? now he's backing millan? he was the first to spew racial slurs at him before. fall from grace norman?  :rolleyes:

Mr. Traveva may not hear well, but I can hit well you dirt bad, just let me know who your sorry ass is and I'll take care of your filthy mouth. If you don't know by now it's called respect, try learning it. Mr. Travena has been an Harrisonian for many many years, hear him out you might learn something.

norman  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He's a real refined person can't you tell.

Did he graduate 8th or 9th grade before going down to the DPW ?

He did recieve his masters in titsucking for over 30 years down there..

Zero credibility!!!!!

LIKE MILLAN.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? CREDEBILITY ? AND YOU ARE?

THE ONLY ONE SUCKING HERE IS YOU, YOUR SUCKING THIS TOWN DRY.

PLEASE ANSWER..... YOU COWARD....NO BALLS RIGHT?

the bastard can't hear? how the f*ck does he know what was said? now he's backing millan? he was the first to spew racial slurs at him before. fall from grace norman?  :lol:

GO NORMAN,GO NORMAN... NORMAN-NORMAN YOUR OUR MAN... GIVE YOU CREDIT MAN. NO ONE ELSE HAS THE BALLS TO SPEAK THEIR MIND LIKE YOU DO. THERE SHOULD BE HUNDREDS MORE LIKE YOU IN HARRISON. HEY NORMAN, DON'T YA THINK OLE FRANK WOULD BE ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE????????????

Guest Treveno Not Alone

Norman Treveno is not the only one who has caught on to McDumbs and Higgins ways. I love his line "Steve McCormick asked, "What are the developers giving back to the town?" No answer from our town officials but in my opinion, Steve, the developers did give back but not to the public." That my friends is a brilliant senior citizen unafraid to call a spade a spade.

Here is another Harrisonian who feels strongly that McDumbs and Higgins are bad news.

Millan for Mayor of Harrison

Thu Oct 12, 2006 at 18:01:10 PM EDT

Harrison, NJ. Still, one of the few places where entrenched power is the norm and toppling it becomes the passionate act of the very few. Rocking the boat lands you in a Naderesque fight to be put on the ballot simply because you had signed a petition for someone else to be on a previous ballot.

You may remember my musings about Harrison's big-time redevelopment scheme. What I didn't realize back then is that it would eventually be catapulted by the famous Kelo v. New London case. Yes that famous decision has brought eminent domain abuse right here to tiny little Harrison. However, in this small town that I grew up in, it is perhaps a nuanced form of eminent domain abuse.

This time they are going after small businesses, that have been here longer than I can remember. Businesses that have supported families of not only the owners, but of many Harrison residents over the years. Businesses that all politicians claim are the lifeblood of our economy and that should be protected against these Draconian methods of wealth redistribution.

Luckily these folks have banded together and what began as a bunch of folks putting up signs about "stopping eminent domain abuse" became a mayoral campaign.

Anselmo Millan has been a councilman in the past and a resident for decades. He cares about Harrison and he cares that the town has to plan large redevelopments such as this one. They have to seek support from the state, the developers, and of course the people and local businesses to build up the infrastructure required. This includes bigger schools, more roads, and most definitely not tax breaks for the developers.

Media In Trouble :: Millan for Mayor of Harrison

Anselmo Millan believes there is a proper way of redeveloping a town and he isn't the only one. Steve McCormick (who sits on the Housing Board) is running along side of him for a shot at Councilman.

Ray McDonough has led this town for 11 years. The last mayor before him led this town for 48 years. Mayor McDonough has given Peter Higgins III way too much power by having him head the Redevelopment Authority. There has been very little oversight over the planning process, and the only studies performed regarding the impact on environmental, economic, and infrastructural impact have been performed by the developer.

Another example of how the Peter Higgins cares more about the developers than Harrison's finances is the Red Bulls stadium deal. Just a month or so after the Stadium deal was pushed through bringing the developers a windfall of tax abatements and millions in Town Bonds, Red Bull announces it will buy the Metrostars. Did Peter Higgins revisit the deal and try to get some money from Red Bull to help pay for the stadium? Did he rescind the deal on the table to rework it now that there would be a new player in the deal? No. The deal still remains as is. Big corporate Red Bull gets a free stadium that is also going to be tax free for about 20 years.

Anselmo Millan has done this town a service by banding together with the business leaders in this community and getting this issue front and center. He has shined the light on the leadership of this town and made them look like corrupt real estate moguls selling this town up the river while the citizens stay mum.

Really, there is only one choice for Harrisonians this November 7th. Anselmo Millan.

Guest Treveno My Hero

Mr. Treveno,

I have read your letter over and over again. You have captured in a few short paragraphs why Harrisonians must vote for the Millan Team. How moving your letter is. McDonough & Company have sold our town down the river for their own gain. We, long time residents, will be left to deal with the mess while McDonough & Company take their quarters and paper bag envelopes, double dipping pensions, and benefits and move to Point Pleasant and beyond.

I thank you for a wonderful letter. May God Bless You. May God Bless the Millan Team, from its youngest member Joe Wood to its oldest member Anselmo Millan. We thank you for running and trying to save our Town.

Harrisonian

Guest Guest A
the bastard can't hear? how the f*ck does he know what was said? now he's backing millan? he was the first to spew racial slurs at him before. fall from grace norman?  :lol:

Although he may not be noted for his prose, Norman is a long time resident of Harrison. He has paid his taxes, and his dues as a member of the military. Norman, was a dedicated town employee for many years. He is active in the church and in veterans organizations. He is a regular attendee at meetings of the Mayor and Council, and tries to stay abreast of town affairs.

Norman may not hear well, but when he speaks, he should be given the respect that any citizen of the town deserves. After being active in the community for many years he has formed an opinion on who he wishes to vote for and indorse.

You may not agree with his opinion, but he still deserves the right to form his own opinion, and that should be respected.

Guest Guest in the know
Norman Treveno is not the only one who has caught on to McDumbs and Higgins ways.  I love his line "Steve McCormick asked, "What are the developers giving back to the town?"  No answer from our town officials but in my opinion, Steve, the developers did give back but not to the public."  That my friends is a brilliant senior citizen unafraid to call a spade a spade.

Here is another Harrisonian who feels strongly that McDumbs and Higgins are bad news.

Millan for Mayor of Harrison

Thu Oct 12, 2006 at 18:01:10 PM EDT

Harrison, NJ. Still, one of the few places where entrenched power is the norm and toppling it becomes the passionate act of the very few. Rocking the boat lands you in a Naderesque fight to be put on the ballot simply because you had signed a petition for someone else to be on a previous ballot.

You may remember my musings about Harrison's big-time redevelopment scheme. What I didn't realize back then is that it would eventually be catapulted by the famous Kelo v. New London case. Yes that famous decision has brought eminent domain abuse right here to tiny little Harrison. However, in this small town that I grew up in, it is perhaps a nuanced form of eminent domain abuse.

This time they are going after small businesses, that have been here longer than I can remember. Businesses that have supported families of not only the owners, but of many Harrison residents over the years. Businesses that all politicians claim are the lifeblood of our economy and that should be protected against these Draconian methods of wealth redistribution.

Luckily these folks have banded together and what began as a bunch of folks putting up signs about "stopping eminent domain abuse" became a mayoral campaign.

Anselmo Millan has been a councilman in the past and a resident for decades. He cares about Harrison and he cares that the town has to plan large redevelopments such as this one.  They have to seek support from the state, the developers, and of course the people and local businesses to build up the infrastructure required. This includes bigger schools, more roads, and most definitely not tax breaks for the developers.

Media In Trouble :: Millan for Mayor of Harrison 

Anselmo Millan believes there is a proper way of redeveloping a town and he isn't the only one. Steve McCormick (who sits on the Housing Board) is running along side of him for a shot at Councilman.

Ray McDonough has led this town for 11 years. The last mayor before him led this town for 48 years. Mayor McDonough has given Peter Higgins III way too much power by having him head the Redevelopment Authority.  There has been very little oversight over the planning process, and the only studies performed regarding the impact on environmental, economic, and infrastructural impact have been performed by the developer.

Another example of how the Peter Higgins cares more about the developers than Harrison's finances is the Red Bulls stadium deal. Just a month or so after the Stadium deal was pushed through bringing the developers a windfall of tax abatements and millions in Town Bonds, Red Bull announces it will buy the Metrostars. Did Peter Higgins revisit the deal and try to get some money from Red Bull to help pay for the stadium? Did he rescind the deal on the table to rework it now that there would be a new player in the deal? No. The deal still remains as is. Big corporate Red Bull gets a free stadium that is also going to be tax free for about 20 years.

Anselmo Millan has done this town a service by banding together with the business leaders in this community and getting this issue front and center. He has shined the light on the leadership of this town and made them look like corrupt real estate moguls selling this town up the river while the citizens stay mum.

Really, there is only one choice for Harrisonians this November 7th. Anselmo Millan.

The stadium is being built without one cent of public money, for your information. The town and county bonded the money to purchase and clean the property, not to build the stadium. The stadium is estimated to cost Anshultz and the Red Bulls approximately 80 to100 Million dollars to build, for your information and guidance! Yes, they will get tax breaks but this stadium will put Harrison back on the map. It will make us a desirable location for redevelopment, which is badly needed!!!

Anselmo couldn't keep his seat as a councilman and you think he's capable of running anything never mind our town! Steve McCormack lives in an illegal apartment and doesn't care to follow simple rules like obtaining building permits before he starts construction or certificates of occupancy when he is finished, and you think he'd be good for this town? He's just what we need MORE ILLEGAL APARTMENTS, AND PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARE TO OPERATE BY LONG ESTABLISHED RULES! YOU ARE A BIGGER FOOL THAN EITHER OF THESE MEN FOR BUYING THEIR LINE OF CRAP. THEY ARE BOTH SOLELY OUT FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Guest Thank you Pete
The stadium is being built without one cent of public money, for your information. The town and county bonded the money to purchase and clean the property, not to build the stadium. The stadium is estimated to cost Anshultz and the Red Bulls approximately 80 to100 Million dollars to build, for your information and guidance! Yes, they will get tax breaks but this stadium will put Harrison back on the map. It will make us a desirable location for redevelopment, which is badly needed!!!

Anselmo couldn't keep his seat as a councilman and you think he's capable of running anything never mind our town! Steve McCormack lives in an illegal apartment and doesn't care to follow simple rules like obtaining building permits before he starts construction or certificates of occupancy when he is finished, and you think he'd be good for this town? He's just what we need MORE ILLEGAL APARTMENTS, AND PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CARE TO OPERATE BY LONG ESTABLISHED RULES! YOU ARE A BIGGER FOOL THAN EITHER OF THESE MEN FOR BUYING THEIR LINE OF CRAP. THEY ARE BOTH SOLELY OUT FOR THEMSELVES!!!

Pete, is that why you left after making your speech at the council meeting. You couldn't stick around for some questions. Norman Treveno has no hidden agenda. He is just a senior citizen who gets it. The developers have given back, just not to the taxpayers. Brilliant sentence. Why the FBI hasn't picked you guys up yet is beyond me. If Steve McCormick had paid back he would have gotten what he wanted. Steve McCormick effects parking but the 7000 units being built don't. Mayor McDonough and Peter Higgins are the ones out for themselves. Millan and McCormick are two guys without anyone on the town payroll. I believe them over Ray and Pete who have their entire family eating from my tax dollars.

Guest 2smart4u

Oh !! I'M SO GLAD you pointed out the $50,000,000 the town borrowed was to clean up the property, and not to build the stadium.

If the $50,000,000 we borrowed went toward building the stadium, that would mean we were PART-OWNERS of the stadium and we would get part of the revenue. By spending all that money to move some dirt around, that money is gone with nothing to show for it, not even taxes.

I think this stadium fiasco is the biggest con-job ever pulled on a town, anywhere, anytime.

If your so bright please tell me who is paying off the bond, it there is no public money involved.

Guest CONCERNED TAXPAYER
If your so bright please tell me who is paying off the bond, it there is no public money involved.

NO MATTER HOW THEY CUT IT THE TAXPAYERS ARE STILL PAYING FOR THIS. SO WHAT IF ANSHULTZ IS PAYING 80-100 MILLION FOR THE STADIUM, THEY SHOULD PICK UP THE OTHER 40 MILLION FOR THE LAND, THAT WE(THE TAXPAYERS OF COURSE!!) ARE GOING TO BE STUCK WITH WHEN THE LEAGUE FOLDS IN A FEW YEARS. HARRISON SOCCER IS NOT GOING TO SELLOUT WHEN THEY PLAY THERE!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP YOU IGNORANT FU$K......

Guest ExBlueTider68
Oh !!  I'M SO GLAD you pointed out  the  $50,000,000 the town borrowed was to clean up the property, and not to build the stadium.

If the $50,000,000 we borrowed went toward building the stadium, that would mean we were PART-OWNERS of the stadium and we would get part of the revenue.  By spending all that money to move some dirt around, that money is gone with nothing to show for it, not even taxes.

I think this stadium fiasco is the biggest con-job ever pulled on a town, anywhere, anytime.

Why aren't the town residents outraged about this ?? The town borrows FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS !! to clean up some land so a foreign -owned soccer team can build a stadium. The owners won't pay taxes and they keep all the profits. Harrison taxpayers get to pay off the FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS on their tax bills for the next hundred years. A bigger question is why wasn't there a public referendum where the taxpayers could vote on this project ??

Why aren't the town residents outraged about this ??  The town borrows FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS !!  to clean up some  land so a foreign -owned soccer team can build a stadium. The owners won't pay taxes and they keep all the profits.  Harrison taxpayers get to pay off the FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS on their tax bills for the next hundred years.  A bigger question is why wasn't there a public referendum where the taxpayers could vote on this project ??

WHO IS GETTING THE SCRAP MONEY FOR ALL THE STEEL FROM THE GUYON BUILDING??????? THERE IS ALOT OF IT THERE IF YOU HAVE NOT NOTICED!!!!!!

my name is BORAT.         

I own a car

I own a boat

I am LAWYER TOO!!!

ON FER BVLD N.  http://www.borat.tv/

Your website didn't look like no decent,moral, respectable lawyer's website that could be advertised to any respectable, "-od fearing" Muslim,Christian or Jew.

The people in the advertisement were not professionally attired, but were so scantilly dressed (or undressed) as would not be allowed in a 'proper' lawyer's emplyment or advertisment; but rather belonged in a brothel advertisment.

You bring dishonor to the local Muslim community and the rest of the respectable, aherents of other religions.