Annointed One no longer.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Barack Obama's ivory tower was chopped down yesterday by Mass. voters. The most liberal state awoke to find the US becoming France and they didn't like it. Obama's trashing of the Constitution ran up against the patriots of Mass. and he got his butt wupped.

He thought flying AF ONE in Boston to stump for Coakley would swing the vote her way. But he is now 0 for 4, the olympics, VA., NJ., and now Mass.

ObamaCare is dead, Dem. senators who are up in 2010 will be deserting the Obama bandwagon and Pelosi and Reid are in mourning.

And the Loonys on KOTW are strangely silent.

Barack Obama's ivory tower was chopped down yesterday by Mass. voters. The most liberal state awoke to find the US becoming France and they didn't like it. Obama's trashing of the Constitution ran up against the patriots of Mass. and he got his butt wupped.

He thought flying AF ONE in Boston to stump for Coakley would swing the vote her way. But he is now 0 for 4, the olympics, VA., NJ., and now Mass.

ObamaCare is dead, Dem. senators who are up in 2010 will be deserting the Obama bandwagon and Pelosi and Reid are in mourning.

I can't believe the administrator let you post three topics with the same exact theme, but whatever. I'll tell you for the third time. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT OBAMA. This time, though, let me re-revise. You were right about Obama SO FAR.* Have you looked at your calendar? The guy has THREE YEARS LEFT. So, once again, you can start counting your chickens for 2010 (which is pretty much a lock for the Republicans), but 2012 is another story. It's not that I necessarily want Obama to win in 2012, but the fact that you're acting like a fool over gubernatorial elections and one senate seat which is getting on my nerves.

By the way, whatever it is you guys have planned for 2012, make sure Sarah Palin gets involved. We all miss her ability to ensure a loss in a major election.

Guest Burst Your Bubble

Presidential first years have proved a notoriously bad predictor of ultimate success. Abraham Lincoln endured the outbreak of the Civil War and a string of Union defeats. F.D.R. barely made a dent in the Depression. Bill Clinton had Washington’s most experienced hands asking: “Can’t anybody here play this game?” And Ronald Reagan took a drubbing in 1982.

One Senate seat is not a Republican mandate. Yes, an embarassment to the Democrats, but it was an anti-vote (because of the economy and a Democratic candidate who took it for granted she could win), not an endorsement of the Republican Party. Do you really think the Republicans will take over the House or Senate in the Fall? Which Democratic seats in the Senate do you think Republicans will win in the Fall?

Wow that’s great; you’ll now have more political bickering. Keep smiling while the government goes down. Obama might not be great to you but he’s a whole lot better than any republican in the last 20 years or more. Your a joke to this site, don’t care about Kearny, and put useless thread up. Get a life. Why doesn’t the admin of this site ban him? I should register and post useless thread on cooking or golf 2 dumb 4 words bring nothing to this site.

Guest 2smart4u
Wow that’s great; you’ll now have more political bickering. Keep smiling while the government goes down. Obama might not be great to you but he’s a whole lot better than any republican in the last 20 years or more. Your a joke to this site, don’t care about Kearny, and put useless thread up. Get a life. Why doesn’t the admin of this site ban him? I should register and post useless thread on cooking or golf 2 dumb 4 words bring nothing to this site.

I bring nothing to this site?? The POTUS and Senate are nothing? I suppose you'd rather discuss who had their garbage can out too early or had their radio turned up too loud.

If you're not interested in following our government politics that I post, DON"T READ THEM.

Presidential first years have proved a notoriously bad predictor of ultimate success. Abraham Lincoln endured the outbreak of the Civil War and a string of Union defeats. F.D.R. barely made a dent in the Depression. Bill Clinton had Washington’s most experienced hands asking: “Can’t anybody here play this game?” And Ronald Reagan took a drubbing in 1982.

One Senate seat is not a Republican mandate. Yes, an embarassment to the Democrats, but it was an anti-vote (because of the economy and a Democratic candidate who took it for granted she could win), not an endorsement of the Republican Party. Do you really think the Republicans will take over the House or Senate in the Fall? Which Democratic seats in the Senate do you think Republicans will win in the Fall?

These points are well taken, but I would suggest that 2008 was also an "anti-vote". Eroding support for the President's broad health care reform is proof of this. The people voted for change, they didn't want more of Bush, but a lot of people didn't expect such an extreme swing in the other direction.

One of my problems with Bush was spending, by comparison he seems downright thrifty.

I bring nothing to this site?? The POTUS and Senate are nothing? I suppose you'd rather discuss who had their garbage can out too early or had their radio turned up too loud.

If you're not interested in following our government politics that I post, DON"T READ THEM.

Yes, you bring nothing to this site! You make useless threads about Democrats or Republicans, as if one is better than the other. The problem is that this site is no longer valid; it’s a town website that deals with useless global views. I wouldn’t mind if you posted one or two threads and having a good discussion but you don’t, you just keep starting other useless threads. So when anyone sees this site they think its crap, that why the town doesn’t see this site and nothing get done. No want to hear about stupid complaints here but news on what’s going on around here would be nice change of pace. Don’t get me wrong the useless thread of what happen in Massachusetts is nice but still useless news for a local site.

Guest Burst Your Bubble
These points are well taken, but I would suggest that 2008 was also an "anti-vote". Eroding support for the President's broad health care reform is proof of this. The people voted for change, they didn't want more of Bush, but a lot of people didn't expect such an extreme swing in the other direction.

One of my problems with Bush was spending, by comparison he seems downright thrifty.

"Thrifty"?? George W. Bush engineered TARP and the Iraq war. When a couple of trillion dollars becomes "thrifty", then the entire system is broken.

If the economy were growing, health care would not have become a lightning rod. Voters want the economy fixed first. Until then, all incumbents should be concerned (regardless of party), because they will be held accountable.

"Thrifty"?? George W. Bush engineered TARP and the Iraq war. When a couple of trillion dollars becomes "thrifty", then the entire system is broken.

If the economy were growing, health care would not have become a lightning rod. Voters want the economy fixed first. Until then, all incumbents should be concerned (regardless of party), because they will be held accountable.

I'll never say Bush didn't spend too much money; he absolutely did. But, a war over several years and an economic package to help save the banks, (and the economy by extension), compared to a "stimulus package" which has unemployment over TEN PERCENT, a healthcare bill estimated over a trillion dollars. Yeah, by comparison Bush is the spendthrift of the two. FWIW, they both spend too much, it ain't their money. It's ours.

Incidentally, Bush did leave half the TARP money in place for whomever took over for him once he left office. So, half the TARP money was spent by YOUR guy.

Never let facts get in the way.

Guest Burst Your Bubble
I'll never say Bush didn't spend too much money; he absolutely did. But, a war over several years and an economic package to help save the banks, (and the economy by extension), compared to a "stimulus package" which has unemployment over TEN PERCENT, a healthcare bill estimated over a trillion dollars. Yeah, by comparison Bush is the spendthrift of the two. FWIW, they both spend too much, it ain't their money. It's ours.

Incidentally, Bush did leave half the TARP money in place for whomever took over for him once he left office. So, half the TARP money was spent by YOUR guy.

Never let facts get in the way.

You want facts? You can't handle the facts:

Whoever won the Presidency in 2008 faced a grim fiscal legacy, a fact already well known as the Presidential campaign got underway. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) presented a sobering outlook in its 2008 summer update, and during the autumn, the news got relentlessly worse. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) that became embroiled in the housing meltdown, failed in early September; two big financial firms — AIG and Lehman Brothers — collapsed soon thereafter; and others teetered. In December 2008, the National Bureau of Economic Research confirmed that the nation was in recession and pegged the starting date as December 2007. By the time CBO issued its new projections on January 7, 2009 — two weeks before Inauguration Day — it had already put the 2009 deficit at well over $1 trillion. The recession battered the budget, driving down tax revenues and swelling outlays for unemployment insurance, food stamps, and other safety-net programs.

Just two policies dating from the Bush Administration — tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — accounted for over $500 billion of the deficit in 2009.

Guest Burst Your Bubble

Whoever won the Presidency in 2008 faced a grim fiscal legacy, a fact already well known as the Presidential campaign got underway. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) presented a sobering outlook in its 2008 summer update, and during the autumn, the news got relentlessly worse. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) that became embroiled in the housing meltdown, failed in early September; two big financial firms — AIG and Lehman Brothers — collapsed soon thereafter; and others teetered. In December 2008, the National Bureau of Economic Research confirmed that the nation was in recession and pegged the starting date as December 2007. By the time CBO issued its new projections on January 7, 2009 — two weeks before Inauguration Day — it had already put the 2009 deficit at well over $1 trillion. The recession battered the budget, driving down tax revenues and swelling outlays for unemployment insurance, food stamps, and other safety-net programs.

Just two policies dating from the Bush Administration — tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — accounted for over $500 billion of the deficit in 2009.

I guess I was right. The right wingers and tea baggers can't handle the facts.

Guest 2smart4u

$500 billion ?? That's chump change compared to the 12 trillion we currently owe under the community organizer and he will add another trillion to it this year.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way, just say Bush did it.

Guest Burst Your Bubble
$500 billion ?? That's chump change compared to the 12 trillion we currently owe under the community organizer and he will add another trillion to it this year.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way, just say Bush did it.

There you go again. Re-read the above: leftover Bush deficit was $1 trillion; Iraq and TARP alone was half of it.

You just can't handle the facts.