1st Wave of Layoffs

Guest Guest

Just heard about the first wave of layoffs and NO FIREMAN ARE GONE???? WTF. Are you kidding me??? and the demotions in the Police Dept? Oh and the fire dept too... How much is the demotions really going to save? come on Ray or should I say ****** wake the F**# up..... 58 Fireman for a Square mile????

Just heard about the first wave of layoffs and NO FIREMAN ARE GONE???? WTF. Are you kidding me??? and the demotions in the Police Dept? Oh and the fire dept too... How much is the demotions really going to save? come on Ray or should I say ****** wake the F**# up..... 58 Fireman for a Square mile????
What about the two in the police record bureau? Both shouldn't even be allowed to deal with the public. My wife went in for information and she actually came home crying because of the treatment these two gave her. From what I hear one of them is anointed (Head of Recreations wife) and the other has been just miserable for years. The one with the Three Stooges haircut. Must have a Bi-Lingual in there because if you don't speak exact english they both get an attitude and make you feel inferior. Shame to treat people like that!

The demotion in the HPD was recommended by the DCA. They also recommended that a Police Director replace the Chief of Police. That would be a bad idea. The demotion of the Deputy Chief will send ripple effects throughout the PD. Some very good Officers may be demoted. This would be a tragedy. The HPD has suffered enough under State rule. There have been no promotion since the Chief and Deputy Chief were made after they made a deal with the Mayor. Now the D/Chief, who had a chance to be Chief if a test was held, must pay the piper. Poor judgement on his part. The morale of the HPD has never been lower. Sad.

The demotion in the HPD was recommended by the DCA. They also recommended that a Police Director replace the Chief of Police. That would be a bad idea. The demotion of the Deputy Chief will send ripple effects throughout the PD. Some very good Officers may be demoted. This would be a tragedy. The HPD has suffered enough under State rule. There have been no promotion since the Chief and Deputy Chief were made after they made a deal with the Mayor. Now the D/Chief, who had a chance to be Chief if a test was held, must pay the piper. Poor judgement on his part. The morale of the HPD has never been lower. Sad.

This town, due to its overspending for YEARS now has to lay off a bundle of good working americans while those with less then 3 years of service OR those with a back-round in stealing, spending time in prison and playing cards get to remain in over-paid positions. Good job and good luck Harrison, this is going to get alot worse, take a look around your neighborhood at friends and family that no longer will have a job and all those families that depend on the services that are about to be eliminated because these crooks were allowed to ramble on for so many years uninterupted. It truly is a shame... This Mayor should be ashamed of himself for letting the town get to this point.

WOW did anyone Know that TOMMY P. was on the payroll with 2-3 CONFIDENTIAL jobs?????? WTFFFFFF! along with his pension from the shi# factory(Passaic Valley). This is CORRUPTION at it's best. I do not know exactly what he was making but now that the town is broke and after all these years of just MISMANAGEMENT BY THE PLUMBER we the taxpayers have to eat it.... Well the town workers too... I still do not understand how all the town workers can kiss his as&. He got you your retro, by having a town meeting, and a day later you got the bad news that you were losing your job... I still believe that more cuts will be made due to the lack of any financial sense... WHy does the state of NJ not realize this? It's COMMON sense! I even heard that TOMMY BOY said why are they cutting me and my SPECIAL CONFIDENTIAL JOB TITLE!!!!!! GET A LIFE AND TAKE YOUR WIFE AND RETIRE YOUR MILKING THIS TOWN DRY!!!!!!! WHEN IS ENOUGH, ENOUGH PEOPLE.... GREEEEEED!

What about the two in the police record bureau? Both shouldn't even be allowed to deal with the public. My wife went in for information and she actually came home crying because of the treatment these two gave her. From what I hear one of them is anointed (Head of Recreations wife) and the other has been just miserable for years. The one with the Three Stooges haircut. Must have a Bi-Lingual in there because if you don't speak exact english they both get an attitude and make you feel inferior. Shame to treat people like that!

Start writting letters to Christie! We have to stop this madness!

Does anyone have a list of who is going? I'll bet none of Dolaghans relatives are on it.

No Dollarhans were laid off. They have 3 in the HFD that could retire and I guess they want them to. But they won't go.

No Dollarhans were laid off. They have 3 in the HFD that could retire and I guess they want them to. But they won't go.

But then again, when has this current council done ANYTHING "right"? OR for the people... I cant wait for

Christie to sink his shark teeth into this bullseye of a corruption pit! My guess is Mr Mayor hops the next train out of Harrison as soon as he can (Mr D, did you see the governors "whats in it for me speech")? Are you starting to wonder if all these dastardly deeds you've done are creeping up on you? This current batch of crooked council people dont know the defintion of doing something POSTIVE for the townspeople of Harrison....

Shame on you!

With Fire and Police the "layoff" will come with the top paid (removable) position (Deputy Chief) so... the lowest man seniority wise (out of the DC's) gets to defer to the next rank down (keep passing down the layoff essentially)... The deferral process eventually stops when one person says "i'm going to retire since I'm up anyway instead of seeing someone laid off" or until the man with the lowest seniority has to go. In most cases if your a DC and about to be made a captain cause of the layoff and you are eligible to retire you just retire because you retire at that higher pay grade.

The process is a state civil service thing not something the town really controls. Also I believe the people being laid off can appeal to the State Civil Service board.

With Fire and Police the "layoff" will come with the top paid (removable) position (Deputy Chief) so... the lowest man seniority wise (out of the DC's) gets to defer to the next rank down (keep passing down the layoff essentially)... The deferral process eventually stops when one person says "i'm going to retire since I'm up anyway instead of seeing someone laid off" or until the man with the lowest seniority has to go. In most cases if your a DC and about to be made a captain cause of the layoff and you are eligible to retire you just retire because you retire at that higher pay grade.

The process is a state civil service thing not something the town really controls. Also I believe the people being laid off can appeal to the State Civil Service board.

If that is so how come the State Cival Service Board does not control the salaries and enormous increases!