MUTUAL AID

Guest ANGRY TAXPAYER

Guest ANGRY TAXPAYER

Watching the news this morning and saw the horrible fire on Franklin Ave. Thank God no one was injured or dead..... But have to say WTF... All you see are other firemen from other towns..... WHERE ARE THE HARRISON FIREMEN????? This is why they should have a VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT..... The taxes are so high and now with the stating that they ARE (BROKE!!!!!!!). This is a good way to save the 6 Million dollars that the town DESPERATELY needs.... Hate to bash the HFD but the pictures are proof that MUTUAL AID IS the way to go... ALL YOU SEE IS THE KEARNY FD on video and photos....... WAKE UP HARRISON COUNCIL AND take advantage of this and start saving me some money on my taxes...........

Watching the news this morning and saw the horrible fire on Franklin Ave. Thank God no one was injured or dead..... But have to say WTF... All you see are other firemen from other towns..... WHERE ARE THE HARRISON FIREMEN????? This is why they should have a VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT..... The taxes are so high and now with the stating that they ARE (BROKE!!!!!!!). This is a good way to save the 6 Million dollars that the town DESPERATELY needs.... Hate to bash the HFD but the pictures are proof that MUTUAL AID IS the way to go... ALL YOU SEE IS THE KEARNY FD on video and photos....... WAKE UP HARRISON COUNCIL AND take advantage of this and start saving me some money on my taxes...........

Dear Know it all,

The HFD were the first to respond and the reason why you didnt see them on the news standing around is because they were on the roof putting out the fire. FYI... think before you type....

Happy Holidays GRINCH!

Harrison only has 9 men per shift while other towns have much more, you are just an ignorant fool. Harrison responds to Kearny fires as well for mutual aid. Get educated before you speak you sound very DUMB. Where were you, did you volunteer any type of assistance, you are part of the community.

Oh please that will never happen, To many friends would be out of jobs. Fire dept is a joke if they save the foundation they think thats a job well done

Guest Harrison Senior

Haven't heard from Barney / Amy / Matilda / Clam Digger / Guest / and now ANGRY TAXPAYER for a while.

Sorry to see you still have your issues, good luck with that. Merry Christmas.

Oh please that will never happen, To many friends would be out of jobs. Fire dept is a joke if they save the foundation they think thats a job well done

It must kill you all the positive attention they are getting, which they deserve they did a great job. You probably sit at home all alone , no wife , no kids & no dog cause noone can stand you. Your own mother doesn't even like you ( I can tell by the way she dresses you & cuts your hair loser) The last part was just pokin fun LOSER!!

Harrison only has 9 men per shift while other towns have much more, you are just an ignorant fool. Harrison responds to Kearny fires as well for mutual aid. Get educated before you speak you sound very DUMB. Where were you, did you volunteer any type of assistance, you are part of the community.

ONLY NINE ...THAT MUST MEAN WERE GETTING IT DONE AT LOW COST TO THE TAXPAYER....RIGHT....

Dear Know it all,

The HFD were the first to respond and the reason why you didnt see them on the news standing around is because they were on the roof putting out the fire. FYI... think before you type....

Happy Holidays GRINCH!

WERE ANY LOBSTERS ENGULFED.

Dear Know it all,

Happy Holidays GRINCH!

You are so right. the poster was watching from the TV, I was watching it live from the scene.

Harrison firemen were all over that fire and did a damm good job. In my opinon, I don't care if they spend their time at the fire house sleeping, as long as when that bell rings they are good to go, and they are. One poster had claim that there are not enough fires in town to have a fire department, I think one fire is enough and so would he if this happened to be his house.

If the Harrison FD can only afford 9 men per shift, then there is a need for volunteers to augment the paid FD. Volunteers could be recruited and receive a small pension if they served for a number of years under LOSAP. Thank God for mutual aid or the whole block would have went. Kearny's aerial ladder was shown at the rear of the buildings fighting the fire and E. Newark's volunteers were at the forefront. Harrison arrived first and their aerial ladder was positioned in the front. At one time, Harrison could afford a fully paid FD, but not anymore. The Town is bankrupt. They have been on state welfare for the last 9 years and now the state is about to pull the plug. How much can you tax us? Maybe its time to recall the Mayor and Council who have done a poor job with finances.

The days of wine and roses are over. Toms River has 100,000 residents and is an all volunteer FD as is the rest of Ocean County. They realize a paid FD would be a financial disaster.

You have no idea what kind of operation it was. When harrison first arrived the top floor was fully involved, they had guys in the building for a few seconds before pulling out for a defensive attack. Kearny and East Newark were called immediatly for Mutual Aid. Harrison immediatly ordered a defensive attack because the building was unsafe and unfortunatly now the buildings on each side were in immediate danger. It was a job well done because the immense fire was contained and did not spread to the adjacent buildings (only very minor damage). Harrison FD joined by Kearny and East Newark all did a stand up job. There were even some NA FF's on the scene for a short time.

Water was the issue at this fire all the Hydrants seemed to have been of the same main. A supply line had to be brought in from the Kearny Side of Schuyler Ave.

Stop complaining about Harrison having a Paid Fire Department. I doubt they would get enough volunteers anyway.

Mutual Aid exists for a reason, simple fact huge fire unless you are a HUGE department like FDNY you can't handle it on your own.

If the Harrison FD can only afford 9 men per shift, then there is a need for volunteers to augment the paid FD. Volunteers could be recruited and receive a small pension if they served for a number of years under LOSAP. Thank God for mutual aid or the whole block would have went. Kearny's aerial ladder was shown at the rear of the buildings fighting the fire and E. Newark's volunteers were at the forefront. Harrison arrived first and their aerial ladder was positioned in the front. At one time, Harrison could afford a fully paid FD, but not anymore. The Town is bankrupt. They have been on state welfare for the last 9 years and now the state is about to pull the plug. How much can you tax us? Maybe its time to recall the Mayor and Council who have done a poor job with finances.

The days of wine and roses are over. Toms River has 100,000 residents and is an all volunteer FD as is the rest of Ocean County. They realize a paid FD would be a financial disaster.

Kearny's Tower and East Newark's Aerial were both set up in the back. Of course with the Harrison Tiller in the front. Lots of water put on this fire.

Forgot to mention also JC FF's and North Hudson FF's did some ground work... NA, Lyndhurst, EN, Kearny, JC and Harrison engines were all trying to get water to the fire.

Watching the news this morning and saw the horrible fire on Franklin Ave. Thank God no one was injured or dead..... But have to say WTF... All you see are other firemen from other towns..... WHERE ARE THE HARRISON FIREMEN????? This is why they should have a VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT..... The taxes are so high and now with the stating that they ARE (BROKE!!!!!!!). This is a good way to save the 6 Million dollars that the town DESPERATELY needs.... Hate to bash the HFD but the pictures are proof that MUTUAL AID IS the way to go... ALL YOU SEE IS THE KEARNY FD on video and photos....... WAKE UP HARRISON COUNCIL AND take advantage of this and

Forgot to mention also JC FF's and North Hudson FF's did some ground work... NA, Lyndhurst, EN, Kearny, JC and Harrison engines were all trying to get water to the fire.

See the story on KOTW's Home Page. We wish the Observer could put together an article like it. Maybe Pezzolla can hire KOTW or just steal their stories and publish them in the Observer. They could work out a mutual aid for journalists. The pictures I saw don't show any Harrison firefighters going into the building. They basically let the building burn is that correct fire fighting procedure.

See the story on KOTW's Home Page. We wish the Observer could put together an article like it. Maybe Pezzolla can hire KOTW or just steal their stories and publish them in the Observer. They could work out a mutual aid for journalists. The pictures I saw don't show any Harrison firefighters going into the building. They basically let the building burn is that correct fire fighting procedure.

When they arrived on scene the top floor was fully engulfed in flames. As an incident commander you get a size up of the situation. They first ordered were to go into the building, quickly orders were changed, as they learned of the extent of the fire, from an Offensive Attack to a Defensive Attack. The building was lost by the time they arrived at the scene. Attacking the fire from the outside in this senario was correct, if firefighters stayed in the building this would of been a national news story for what probably would of happened as a result.

The stratagy was to control the fire protect adjacent structures because the building's top floor and roof were fully involved.

In reality two building were saved the one on the right and the one on the left. Considering how close these structures are it was a job well done.

You have no idea what kind of operation it was. When harrison first arrived the top floor was fully involved, they had guys in the building for a few seconds before pulling out for a defensive attack. Kearny and East Newark were called immediatly for Mutual Aid. Harrison immediatly ordered a defensive attack because the building was unsafe and unfortunatly now the buildings on each side were in immediate danger. It was a job well done because the immense fire was contained and did not spread to the adjacent buildings (only very minor damage). Harrison FD joined by Kearny and East Newark all did a stand up job. There were even some NA FF's on the scene for a short time.

Water was the issue at this fire all the Hydrants seemed to have been of the same main. A supply line had to be brought in from the Kearny Side of Schuyler Ave.

Stop complaining about Harrison having a Paid Fire Department. I doubt they would get enough volunteers anyway.

Mutual Aid exists for a reason, simple fact huge fire unless you are a HUGE department like FDNY you can't handle it on your own.

Defensive Attack? What was the Taliban in there? By the time "Big Chief Talking Bull" found the right helmet the whole block could have burned to the ground. Some of the HFD looked like Dracula looking at a Cross when they seen flames. Man up men, you're going to have to earn your pay at times. Now that the foundation of the building is safe you can all go back to the Firehouse and finally smell the smoke on your jackets. Be proud, that was a $7,000.000.00 load of cinder blocks that you left standing! Plus with all the water that was used our water bills will Sky Rocket. I wouldn't brag about Kearny or East Newark either, they know how to put on a show too. Grade for effort: D Too much posing for The Observer! Next up New Years dumpster fire at The Gardens and then another 5 years of luxury and retro checks. Should have just filled Chief Talking Bulls helmet with water and dumped it on the fire or had "The Bagpipe Captain" blow it out.

Angry Taxpayer,

I spent some time on Fraklin Ave. as kid. Those buildings are made to burn. I watched HFD fight more than one fire there. I seen two houses go done one day. The fire department responded with more men then than today.

From all reports HPD and HFD did their jobs well. The Police patrol alerted and removed the residents. HFD responded and held the fire to the bulding where it started. Help was called and the fire was brought under control and extinguished. When needed Harrison sends their resources to other towns. I have seen them in Jersey City and Kearny.

Yes taxes are high. Check your bill and see where your money is going. I really think there is a lot of misdirected anger.

To HPD and HFD good job. To the outside help. Thank you. I'm sure that when you need help our guys will be there for you.

We should not hold the town workers responsible for decisions made by the elected officals.

Eagle

Would you say that if it were your home on fire or next door,stop blaming the HFD. They are needed in Harrison. Ask the residents & neighbors on Franklin St. or the many residents who use their EMS service.The council knows what a great service they provide, it is you who needs to wake up & get a real life. I'm sure there are no pictures 2 minutes into the responce of only 9 or so firemen trying to get in & protect those residents.

All the anger about taxes, if you pay them you would know that a very small portion of what you pay is attributed to Municipal expenditures.

if you have a problem with your taxes you should be directing them at the Board of Education, put out the fire there!!! no pun intended.

Defensive Attack? What was the Taliban in there? By the time "Big Chief Talking Bull" found the right helmet the whole block could have burned to the ground. Some of the HFD looked like Dracula looking at a Cross when they seen flames. Man up men, you're going to have to earn your pay at times. Now that the foundation of the building is safe you can all go back to the Firehouse and finally smell the smoke on your jackets. Be proud, that was a $7,000.000.00 load of cinder blocks that you left standing! Plus with all the water that was used our water bills will Sky Rocket. I wouldn't brag about Kearny or East Newark either, they know how to put on a show too. Grade for effort: D Too much posing for The Observer! Next up New Years dumpster fire at The Gardens and then another 5 years of luxury and retro checks. Should have just filled Chief Talking Bulls helmet with water and dumped it on the fire or had "The Bagpipe Captain" blow it out.

You obviously have no fire service experience. Firefighters only put their lives at risk when people are in danger, its silly to do an offensive attack inside a fully involved building to protect that structure if it is extremly dangerous and already lost. (Beyond Saving) Thats what fire insurance is for. Don't worry about "Plus with all the water that was used our water bills will Sky Rocket." half of it came from Kearny. Please let the HFD know where you live for future reference that way if you place ever goes up in flames they can just let it burn and not use any water. I'm sure the people of harrison would be greatful for the savings in water.

I mean come on is someone actually complaining about the amount of water used to put out a fire to save some tax dollars?!?!?!?! Honestly some of these people who post under guests here are complete and utter idiots.

FIRST, YOU ARE A TOTALLY RETARDED CLAM. Besides that on the side bar, due to your professional ratings and qualifications, I am curious why did you not give them an F for a grade based upon your comments and observations? I am sure you were there from the start of the operation to bear to witness to the situation.

Guest Harrison Senior
You obviously have no fire service experience. Firefighters only put their lives at risk when people are in danger, its silly to do an offensive attack inside a fully involved building to protect that structure if it is extremly dangerous and already lost. (Beyond Saving) Thats what fire insurance is for. Don't worry about "Plus with all the water that was used our water bills will Sky Rocket." half of it came from Kearny. Please let the HFD know where you live for future reference that way if you place ever goes up in flames they can just let it burn and not use any water. I'm sure the people of harrison would be greatful for the savings in water.

I mean come on is someone actually complaining about the amount of water used to put out a fire to save some tax dollars?!?!?!?! Honestly some of these people who post under guests here are complete and utter idiots.

Don't respond to Barney's stupid remarks. Everyone knows he's a disgruntled cop that's jealous of the F.D.

Just ignore this jerk.

All the positive feedback must be killing him, there is a hatred toward the HFD no matter what they do he will try to turn it. This guy loves to bash HFD. There is a need for the services of the HFD in the town of Harrison , get over it or move.

FIRST, YOU ARE A TOTALLY RETARDED CLAM. Besides that on the side bar, due to your professional ratings and qualifications, I am curious why did you not give them an F for a grade based upon your comments and observations? I am sure you were there from the start of the operation to bear to witness to the situation.

Well for that matter if your house is to burn down don't call fire dept if you can be so smart put it out yourself. You have some nerve. I would love to beat the shit out of u