Look out Harrison

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

NJ's debt has climbed to 33.9 Billion, up 2 Billion in just one year. Christy has his work cut out for him and Harrison better be thinking about life beyond state aid because there ain't going to be any more.

The democrats have been in charge in Trenton for years and this is the result. Time to pay the piper.

NJ's debt has climbed to 33.9 Billion, up 2 Billion in just one year. Christy has his work cut out for him and Harrison better be thinking about life beyond state aid because there ain't going to be any more.

The democrats have been in charge in Trenton for years and this is the result. Time to pay the piper.

I love it! It is about al the fat cats in this town paid the piper. I sick of paying for them to live high on the hog while I have to work and scrimp and save to pay these high taxes and bills in Harrison that they turned into a dump.

Guest BlueTideBacker
I love it! It is about al the fat cats in this town paid the piper. I sick of paying for them to live high on the hog while I have to work and scrimp and save to pay these high taxes and bills in Harrison that they turned into a dump.

And for all the high taxes you pay, where do your kids get to play? In the street of course, dodging cars

trying not to get run over.

This mayor and council were so consumed with developing every square inch of this town, they ignored

the people that pay the taxes. They had the opportunity to create some green space where kids could run and play and kick a ball around, and they ignored them. Now after they've borrowed 50 or 60 million to finance this disaster, they're heavily in debt, dependent on free money from the state to bail them out, and blaming it all on the recession.

What ever happend to the guys who use to follow the garbage trucks??/Guess they did not really need them

How bout the guy who sprays the paking meter then the other one comes by and wipes it down?we need this

How bout the guy who drivers around and waters the plants?

Do we really need 3 yes 3 DPW works painting 1 fire hyrant seen that the other day...3 sitting there painting..hmmmmmmmmmm

looking for cuts???????????????

Do we need 4 drivers of the elderly?????? must have more old folk here than in Miami

In our town we will see cost cutting consisting of a few less crossing guards, a few school aids, a couple of low level DPW employees, and probably a hiring freeze. If anyone thinks this will affect the upper level people from leaving with golden parachutes or TP losing his secret job, they are mistaken. The mayor will cry poverty, we must all sacrifice, but will not freeze all salaries over $100,000. In fact TP will probably get a raise, our never ending legal bills will increase because town employees want their raises that they are entitled to, and the mayor will fight them. The mayor will spend tons of money on legal fees trying to squeeze every quarter out or Trenton. He should concentrate on squeezing a hundred thousand dollars in quarters that belong to the taxpayer instead. Nothing much will change, we will still have a garbage contractor who doesn't have the men or equipment to pick up our garbage on pick up days, but contributes heavily to the Democratic organization, people with secret jobs, and taxpayers with never ending tax hikes. Does anyone remember how taxes were going to go down when we built the hotel, gave away the stadium to developers, and a dozen other projects? Where is the tax relief, how come we are not awash in money? Could it be because we are paying building inspectors, secretaries, Ect., salaries in excess of a hundred thousand dollars. If Christie cuts school funding, and municipal aid, and distressed city monies, who will pay the new superintendents salary, who will pay for the golden parachutes? I know, once again the taxpayer will have to bend over.

Guest Humidor
hey,

don't forget stevie wonder's 100k ++ fines too . lower my taxes.......

Another intelligent response from the 3rd grade. I hope the budget isn't balanced relying (more than less) on fines and state/federal aid that is at best provisional, conditional, impermanent and terminable.

Get it? Even if "Harrison" has played funny with the money, honey.

Hoo - ah!

If you need a 100K, why aren't you trying to recover the money in quarters?

We need each and every 100k we can get, Stevie McComic's the Tanski quarters and a couple of 100k school teachers and or secretaries!

Wake up people each 100k adds up to the millions by the time they are done ask T.P. the "deputy mayor". What does he do again???

If you need a 100K, why aren't you trying to recover the money in quarters?

HUMMMM...

State indictment says former Hoboken official is .

CHANGE CHUMP

Saturday, December 12, 2009

By MELISSA HAYES

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The former director of the Hoboken Parking Utility has been indicted on charges he conspired to steal more than $600,000 in parking meter revenue.

State Attorney General Anne Milgram announced the indictment against John Corea, 45, of Hoboken, late yesterday afternoon.

According to the release, Corea allegedly split the revenue with a Toms River contractor, United Textile Fabricators LLC, which was hired to collect coins from the meters.

A state grand jury indicted Corea on first-degree charges of conspiracy and money laundering and second-degree charges of official misconduct, theft by unlawful taking and misapplication of government property.

Corea could not immediately be reached for comment.

Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer released a statement commending the Attorney General's Office and said the city cooperated in the investigation.

"While this is not a day of celebration, I do feel this is a step in the right direction towards restoring the public trust in Hoboken government," she said in the statement.

Brian Petaccio, 49, of Toms River, president of United Textile Fabricators, pleaded guilty on Sept. 30 to second-degree theft by unlawful taking for stealing more than $1.1 million in coins from Hoboken's parking meters.

"This is an outrageous abuse of public trust," Milgram said. "The indictment charges that Corea used his position as director of the Hoboken Parking Utility to conspire with Petaccio in the theft of more than $600,000 in parking meter revenue that should have been used for the benefit of the city and its residents."

Milgram said Corea allegedly steered three separate no-bid contracts to the company in November 2005.

In 2007, when an audit uncovered parking meter revenue shortfalls, the company returned about $575,000.

When pleading guilty, Petaccio admitted that he conspired with a Hoboken official to divert additional funds, more than $600,000, which was never reported to the city.

Petaccio and the official split the money. While he did not name the official in court, he identified the person to investigators.

As part of his Petaccio's agreement, he will pay Hoboken $300,000 in restitution.

©2009 Jersey Journal

© 2009 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

HUMMMM...

State indictment says former Hoboken official is .

CHANGE CHUMP

Saturday, December 12, 2009

By MELISSA HAYES

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The former director of the Hoboken Parking Utility has been indicted on charges he conspired to steal more than $600,000 in parking meter revenue.

State Attorney General Anne Milgram announced the indictment against John Corea, 45, of Hoboken, late yesterday afternoon.

According to the release, Corea allegedly split the revenue with a Toms River contractor, United Textile Fabricators LLC, which was hired to collect coins from the meters.

A state grand jury indicted Corea on first-degree charges of conspiracy and money laundering and second-degree charges of official misconduct, theft by unlawful taking and misapplication of government property.

Corea could not immediately be reached for comment.

Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer released a statement commending the Attorney General's Office and said the city cooperated in the investigation.

"While this is not a day of celebration, I do feel this is a step in the right direction towards restoring the public trust in Hoboken government," she said in the statement.

Brian Petaccio, 49, of Toms River, president of United Textile Fabricators, pleaded guilty on Sept. 30 to second-degree theft by unlawful taking for stealing more than $1.1 million in coins from Hoboken's parking meters.

"This is an outrageous abuse of public trust," Milgram said. "The indictment charges that Corea used his position as director of the Hoboken Parking Utility to conspire with Petaccio in the theft of more than $600,000 in parking meter revenue that should have been used for the benefit of the city and its residents."

Milgram said Corea allegedly steered three separate no-bid contracts to the company in November 2005.

In 2007, when an audit uncovered parking meter revenue shortfalls, the company returned about $575,000.

When pleading guilty, Petaccio admitted that he conspired with a Hoboken official to divert additional funds, more than $600,000, which was never reported to the city.

Petaccio and the official split the money. While he did not name the official in court, he identified the person to investigators.

As part of his Petaccio's agreement, he will pay Hoboken $300,000 in restitution.

©2009 Jersey Journal

© 2009 NJ.com All Rights Reserved.

He should have robbed the meters in Harrison, you get to keep your pension, make no restitution, and only spend a minimal amount of time in jail. Then the mayor and police dept. make it look like they are heros for bringing the case to light. Everyone in town knows that it was a public employee who put his ass on the line to bring this case to light. Just the way the case was handled, no restitution, allowed to keep his pension, minimum jail time is a bigger crime than stealing the quarters. Christie had a hand in this case and came out looking like a stinker. He should have taken firmer action.

In our town we will see cost cutting consisting of a few less crossing guards, a few school aids, a couple of low level DPW employees, and probably a hiring freeze. If anyone thinks this will affect the upper level people from leaving with golden parachutes or TP losing his secret job, they are mistaken. The mayor will cry poverty, we must all sacrifice, but will not freeze all salaries over $100,000. In fact TP will probably get a raise, our never ending legal bills will increase because town employees want their raises that they are entitled to, and the mayor will fight them. The mayor will spend tons of money on legal fees trying to squeeze every quarter out or Trenton. He should concentrate on squeezing a hundred thousand dollars in quarters that belong to the taxpayer instead. Nothing much will change, we will still have a garbage contractor who doesn't have the men or equipment to pick up our garbage on pick up days, but contributes heavily to the Democratic organization, people with secret jobs, and taxpayers with never ending tax hikes. Does anyone remember how taxes were going to go down when we built the hotel, gave away the stadium to developers, and a dozen other projects? Where is the tax relief, how come we are not awash in money? Could it be because we are paying building inspectors, secretaries, Ect., salaries in excess of a hundred thousand dollars. If Christie cuts school funding, and municipal aid, and distressed city monies, who will pay the new superintendents salary, who will pay for the golden parachutes? I know, once again the taxpayer will have to bend over.

I think it is time that we citizens of Harrison start fighting back. We have to write letters to Christie and let him now what is going on and how we feel. Going to the Towm meetings is a waste of time. They mayor just leaves the meeting or cancels it. We have to go above his head. And I for one am going to do that and more. I am sice of all this. I have been here in Harrison for pover 50 years and it has never been so bad nor so expensive. Time to shake this fat cats up! Lets get rid of them for GOOD!

• 3 weeks later...

move and then it won;t be a dump anymore!