science teachers may not be state certified

Guest hockeynut

I've been told that the attorney for the BOE thinks not having state certified science teachers teach an important subject is no big deal.That's like going to see a cardiologist for a heart problem and being treated by a foot doctor!HOW DARE THEY CHEAT OUR KIDS OUT OF A GOOD EDUCATION!!

So what it comes down to is that now there are no real science teachers in the middle school.The 2 veteran teachers who teach science are state certified as language arts teachers NOT as science teachers!!!!The nepotism poster child can't teach.I say bring back the outstanding science teacher the nepotism poster boy replaced.On 9/11 she was teaching at St Mary's HS in Jersey City across the river from the WTC. She did a great job calming kids who saw the WTC burning from their classroom windows.What teacher in Harrison has had to deal with something of that magnitude?She fought corruption in her home country only to be a victim of corruption in Harrison.All her evaluations by Doffont were good even the one that he forged her signature on.Teaching is about not just the subject you are responsible to educate young people with but invariably sharing your life experiences with those young people.This teacher has character and integrity.The best part is that she is state certified to teach science!!!!!

She s*cked and barely spoke English! even if her replacement s*cked its no reason to bring her back! Did you actually have a child that was in her class?? Were you in the classroom at St. Mary's on 9/11 or did she tell you what a great job she did that day? is she the only teacher in the state that kept her kids calm? and how does that qualify her to teach science? Exactly how many of her evaluations did you see? They needed to get rid of her before she was tenured and they did and a LOT of people were happy about it. She fought corruptin in her home country, well then she can go back there and get a job!

Guest Mama Mia
She s*cked and barely spoke English! even if her replacement s*cked its no reason to bring her back! Did you actually have a child that was in her class?? Were you in the classroom at St. Mary's on 9/11 or did she tell you what a great job she did that day? is she the only teacher in the state that kept her kids calm? and how does that qualify her to teach science? Exactly how many of her evaluations did you see? They needed to get rid of her before she was tenured and they did and a LOT of people were happy about it. She fought corruptin in her home country, well then she can go back there and get a job!

I wish her the best. Bottom line is that they got a very good replacement in the Science Dept., got rid of the nepotism poster child (although I understand he is still on the school system's payroll - fixing computers somewhere) and the kids seem to be learning a lot. I criticize the school leadership when necessary but in this case, they rectified a BIG mistake quickly enough that only one trimester of learning was lost.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish her the best. Bottom line is that they got a very good replacement in the Science Dept., got rid of the nepotism poster child (although I understand he is still on the school system's payroll - fixing computers somewhere) and the kids seem to be learning a lot. I criticize the school leadership when necessary but in this case, they rectified a BIG mistake quickly enough that only one trimester of learning was lost.

Please tell me that you are KIDDING about him still being on the payroll. Speaking of which has anyone seen Freddie O. these days? What pot is he dipping his hand into now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hockeynut

Parent,Let me get this straight,you don't read newspapers,you don't know much about the world,you don't like immigrants and you don't mind corruption.If you did read newspapers you would know that in the july 1st and the june 10th issues of the Observer it said many people who were tired of business as usual supported her and in the july 1st issue it said that all her evaluations were good and she has letters of support from many parents.Yes being a front row witness to 9/11 is relevant.In the book The Adversity Qoutient it states that a person who has kept their composure during a catastrophic event is likely to do well in handling adversity and stress in their job.Very important for a teacher.Anyone who knows JC knows that the WTC was in a clear line of sight from St Mary's which is a few blocks from the river.Since Harrison is (according to the HBOE website) comprised of 2/3 hispanic or asian students I'm sure many parents who are themselves immigrants or children or grandchildren of immigrants would like to know who you are the parent of.Why don't you tell us? If you knew anything about the world you would know that in her native country which is mentioned in the july 1st Observer issue not only is english the official language it is the language used in public schools.In fact, thousands of english teachers come from there every year to teach american kids!!! If what you say is true about her ability to speak english Doffont should be fired because he approved hiring her and renewing her contract 2 times.Some people have suggested to me that based on your comments you are stupid and a racist.I told them you probably aren't a bad person just misinformed.Consider yourself to be informed.

Parent,Let me get this straight,you don't read newspapers,you don't know much about the world,you don't like immigrants and you don't mind corruption.If you did read newspapers you would know that in the july 1st and the june 10th issues of the Observer it said many people who were tired of business as usual supported her and in the july 1st issue it said that all her evaluations were good and she has letters of support from many parents.Yes being a front row witness to 9/11 is relevant.In the book The Adversity Qoutient it states that a person who has kept their composure during a catastrophic event is likely to do well in handling adversity and stress in their job.Very important for a teacher.Anyone who knows JC knows that the WTC was in a clear line of sight from St Mary's which is a few blocks from the river.Since Harrison is (according to the HBOE website) comprised of 2/3 hispanic or asian students I'm sure many parents who are themselves immigrants or children or grandchildren of immigrants would like to know who you are the parent of.Why don't you tell us? If you knew anything about the world you would know that in her native country which is mentioned in the july 1st Observer issue not only is english the official language it is the language used in public schools.In fact, thousands of english teachers come from there every year to teach american kids!!! If what you say is true about her ability to speak english Doffont should be fired because he approved hiring her and renewing her contract 2 times.Some people have suggested to me that based on your comments you are stupid and a racist.I told them you probably aren't a bad person just misinformed.Consider yourself to be informed.

I'm married to an immigrant, you a**hole!! You get your information from the Observer, so thanks, but no thanks, I don't need to be informed of anything by you!! I guess handling stress is very relevant to a teacher who keeps losing her job because she isn't good at it!

Guest Another parent

Well, if it was in the Observer, it must be true. Talk about being misinformed.