Urban Education Scam

Guest hockeynut

Guest hockeynut

Everyone should go to the website NJE3.org to find out about the millions of dollars that is wasted in

the educational system in NJ. The website also gives you information about how you can see the movie

The Cartel which is a hard hitting documentary about the corruption and waste in urban education in NJ.

Many people who have seen this movie think it was one of the reasons Christie won the election. It is hard

to imagine someone who having seen this movie then voting for Corzine

Everyone should go to the website NJE3.org to find out about the millions of dollars that is wasted in

the educational system in NJ. The website also gives you information about how you can see the movie

The Cartel which is a hard hitting documentary about the corruption and waste in urban education in NJ.

Many people who have seen this movie think it was one of the reasons Christie won the election. It is hard

to imagine someone who having seen this movie then voting for Corzine

I believe that this movie ha been around for a while now, and people only viewed it as a movie and not put t in perspective as to why NJ is so out of control and wastefull in so many ways. But on education we tend to let our children ride the wave and don't realize that money given to schools is not necessarily spent on children. Majority of the funds go to the administration and their friends and family with job after job after job. I do believe that Governor elect Christie will do something about this big, big hole our tax money goes into.

Someone told me that there hasn't been a high school dropout in Harrison in several years.What are the chances in the real world of a poor urban district like Harrison having no dropout for several years without grade manipulation by administrators? If anyone with a warm body can get a diploma in Harrison then what is the value of an education in the Harrison public schools? No wonder the per cent of Asian students in the high school is significantly lower than the per cent of Asian students in the elementary school.Asian parents realize that the school system in Harrison isn't very good and is corrupt and they send their kids to private schools after a few years in the Harrison system.

Someone told me that there hasn't been a high school dropout in Harrison in several years.What are the chances in the real world of a poor urban district like Harrison having no dropout for several years without grade manipulation by administrators? If anyone with a warm body can get a diploma in Harrison then what is the value of an education in the Harrison public schools? No wonder the per cent of Asian students in the high school is significantly lower than the per cent of Asian students in the elementary school.Asian parents realize that the school system in Harrison isn't very good and is corrupt and they send their kids to private schools after a few years in the Harrison system.

If you believe that? I Have some ocean front property in Arizona you might like.

The Harrison school system runs like everything else in town. Teacher jobs are rewarded to the faithful and their friends.

There are many good teachers in the schools but you can imagine how many poor ones thrive in the system.

The cost of running the system is off the charts. It's not the teachers fault but the cost of, as it says in their budget "other"salaries.$ 98,000.00 Secratary, Head Janitor well over $100,000.00.

a class of 20 students brings in over $320,000.00 the teacher may make 60,000.00 plus benefits let's give her $100,000.00 that leaves $220,000.00. for the OTHERS.

Think what is left to play with after the bills are paid. Follow the money! Go get them Christie! Sharpen the pencil.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest saeshell

well if you do not get a good elementary education. Could you go to a private school and keep up with the classes of that so good school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do not put the education in Harrison down like that, JUST MOVE TO A TOWN WITH GRAT EDUCATION WE DO NOT NEED YOU IN HARRISON.

well if you do not get a good elementary education. Could you go to a private school and keep up with the classes of that so good school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do not put the education in Harrison down like that, JUST MOVE TO A TOWN WITH GRAT EDUCATION WE DO NOT NEED YOU IN HARRISON.

How very sad!!

Guest hockeynut

I would be very interested to know the per cent of people who have or plan to leave Harrison primarily because of the broken down education system with the culture of corruption.I bet the per cent is much higher than people think.

I would be very interested to know the per cent of people who have or plan to leave Harrison primarily because of the broken down education system with the culture of corruption.I bet the per cent is much higher than people think.

It's not broken at all. It is a well oiled machine in nepotism.

Guest hockeynut

Someone close to the center of the universe in the BOE told me that roughly 30-35% of the teachers in Harrison are relatives of machine members or somehow connected to a machine member.Some may say why is this so bad? If a teacher is protected what incentive do they have to work hard to educate young people?Doesn't human nature suggest otherwise? Isn't having mentors from many different backgrounds beneficial to young people? Then there is the obvious question is this teacher the one that is best qualified to teach the young people of Harrison?Think about it young people in virtually every other district in the state are educated by a faculty from many different backgrounds teachers who by and large respect each other.Can you respect a teacher who got their posistion because of a connection to the machine? I don't think so!!!!! I truly feel the young people of Harrison are being cheated out of a good education because of the culture of corruption and nepotism.Maybe the good people of Harrison can form a group like the civilian review board in NYC the helps oversee the NYPD to monitor the Harrison BOE.

Someone close to the center of the universe in the BOE told me that roughly 30-35% of the teachers in Harrison are relatives of machine members or somehow connected to a machine member.Some may say why is this so bad? If a teacher is protected what incentive do they have to work hard to educate young people?Doesn't human nature suggest otherwise? Isn't having mentors from many different backgrounds beneficial to young people? Then there is the obvious question is this teacher the one that is best qualified to teach the young people of Harrison?Think about it young people in virtually every other district in the state are educated by a faculty from many different backgrounds teachers who by and large respect each other.Can you respect a teacher who got their posistion because of a connection to the machine? I don't think so!!!!! I truly feel the young people of Harrison are being cheated out of a good education because of the culture of corruption and nepotism.Maybe the good people of Harrison can form a group like the civilian review board in NYC the helps oversee the NYPD to monitor the Harrison BOE.

Harrison is one of only a few towns in the state that has an appointed Board of Education. Guess who does the appointing, you got it. Most members of the board are former employees of the board, who got their jobs because they are connected. We even have members on the board who do not have college degrees themselves. You ask what are their qualifications, they can say "yes." As millions are being poured into the town with their Abbott designation, the dollars are disappearing thru nepotism. Harrison has produced many outstanding well-educated people, but they have also produced many people who aren't. Just because you are connected to someone on the board doesn't mean that you are the best qualified to get the job. Jim Doran has a doctorate but is he worth the salary we are paying. He might be the most qualified person in the world for the job, but maybe Harrison can only afford the second most qualified person in the world, who should have no problem running a small district like Harrison.