KHS Counseling disgrace

Guest parent

I am a parent of two kids inthe high school.During teacher parent nightI had several questions pertaining to my daughter on college applications.I went to see her counseler only to find out they where not in there office.Discouraged, I asked to see the Director.After waiting as long time ,I finally was able toask the Director my question.To my suprise she had this blank look on her face and told me she was not sureon any of my questions.I could not believe it. What head of a department would say that and what Director would not know the answers? I stormed out in disgust and will be asking the Superintendent in the very near future,who hired this woman? She sounded like she works in a Diner. Has anyone else come upon this problem?

Guest kardinal momma
I am a parent of two kids inthe high school.During teacher parent nightI had several questions pertaining to my daughter on college applications.I went to see her counseler only to find out they where not in there office.Discouraged, I asked to see the Director.After waiting as long time ,I finally was able toask the Director my question.To my suprise she had this blank look on her face and told me she was not sureon any of my questions.I could not believe it. What head of a department would say that and what Director would not know the answers? I stormed out in disgust and will be asking the Superintendent in the very near future,who hired this woman? She sounded like she works in a Diner. Has anyone else come upon this problem?

I'm going to go out on a limb and call B.S. on this poster. First, I find it hard to believe that the counselor was not available for conferences. If a teacher/counselor is not present, there is usually a note on the door, a sheet for parents to leave contact info, and there are certainly other counselors available to help. As for your concerns about the Director, if you were so "disgusted" why didn't you go see the immediate administrator, Mr. Somma and voice your concerns. He certainly would have been able to help you find resolution to finding the counselor and getting your questions answered. This post was simply made to revisit old news. Saying the Director sounded like she worked in a diner only proves that point. Had you provided more details, gone to see an administrator to discuss how you felt about what happened in their building and stuck to facts instead of making fun of someone then this post might make me pause with concern.

Guest *anonymous*

There was a counselor out the night of parent conferences. However, she is out on maternity leave. Let's keep in mind, she has the right and deserves that time off with her baby. Although she was out, the other counselors were extremely helpful and available to answer all of our questions and concerns. The director sent us to a counselor who spent over 20 minutes with us, did not rush us and explained everything thoroughly. Shame on the person who wrote this-Are you sure you were in KHS guidance? LOL

I had a very helpful experience at the KHS guidance office on parent teacher night. Have to agree with everybody but the original poster, are you sure you were in the KHS guidance dept?