* Special Harrison Mayor & Council Meeting:Monday October 26, 2009

JohnPinho

Harrison's Mayor Raymond McDonough has scheduled a Special Meeting of the Council for Monday, October 26, 2009 at 6 p.m.

Neither the Agenda or the Meeting Notice has been posted to the Town's website as of Wednesday night. As soon as the Agenda is available a link will be provided for everyone's review. I have been critical of Mayor McDonough for scheduling Special Council Meetings at off hours and days. Little notice is provided to residents of these meetings where important decisions are made affecting Harrison's taxpayers. My criticism has not stopped the Special Meetings which are more numerous than the Regular Council Meetings.

Mayor McDonough promised that the Harrison Commons resolutions tabled at the Regular October Meeting of the Mayor & Council would be discussed at the next Regular council meeting. At this time, it is not clear whether those resolutions will be discussion at this Monday's Special Council meeting. Stayed tuned.

View the full article

John, I agree with you on the fact that the Mayor makes up his own BULLSHI# and does what he wants.. But this SPECIAL meeting is for all the workers of the town... The SCUMBAG MAYOR AND COUNCIL have to vote at this meeting and the next meeting in NOVEMBER to ok PAY RAISES THAT WERE AWARDED BY AN ARBITRATOR!!!!!!!!! Which was paid for by the FIRE and POLICE Unions.... We all have been without a contract since 2006... that's right 2006..... NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THESE SCUMBAGS TO VOTE SO THAT WE CAN RECEIVE OUR WELL DESERVED PAY RAISE!!!!!!!!!! ... I Agree with you about the times of the meetings but this one I hope they have so that MAYBE by Christmas I will at least have my raise...... GET CRACKING BETH HIGGINS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS FRIGGING TOWN OWES ME for the 3 years without a pay raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John, I agree with you on the fact that the Mayor makes up his own BULLSHI# and does what he wants.. But this SPECIAL meeting is for all the workers of the town... The SCUMBAG MAYOR AND COUNCIL have to vote at this meeting and the next meeting in NOVEMBER to ok PAY RAISES THAT WERE AWARDED BY AN ARBITRATOR!!!!!!!!! Which was paid for by the FIRE and POLICE Unions.... We all have been without a contract since 2006... that's right 2006..... NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THESE SCUMBAGS TO VOTE SO THAT WE CAN RECEIVE OUR WELL DESERVED PAY RAISE!!!!!!!!!! ... I Agree with you about the times of the meetings but this one I hope they have so that MAYBE by Christmas I will at least have my raise...... GET CRACKING BETH HIGGINS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS FRIGGING TOWN OWES ME for the 3 years without a pay raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad that the Police and Fire have resolved via arbitration their contracts. I am not opposed to pay increases. However, town employees should understand that a lot of residents are losing their jobs, getting pay cuts or getting no pay increase. Meanwhile, expenses are increasing including property taxes. Every town employee should remember that when they interact with town residents. A lot of residents are struggling to make ends meet. Town employees should be grateful for what they have.