Santos and Co. Have my Vote

Guest SantosSupporter

Guest SantosSupporter

As a long time Kearny resident and taxpayer, I was impressed with Mayor Santos' accomplishments listed in his ad in this week's Observer. For anyone to say that the Mayor doesn't have Kearny's best wishes in mind should try explaining the $5 MILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS in the Town's coffers, the fact that critical services are being kept at level avoiding layoffs and the ongoing/continuing economic development in Town. The much debated lack of progress at the bat factory site seems to be near an end with the Mayor's securing of Brownstone funds from the federal government to the tune of $25 MILLION over five years. Pretty impressive!!! Mayor Santos and Co. have MY vote!!!! Mr. Leadbeater's ad still doesn't address HOW he is going to accomplish anything. I guess that he was hoping to figure that out by the time Mayor Santos is sworn in again. A time for change????? With the positive position that the Town is ACTUALLY in with a SURPLUS and all of the good work being done, WHY CHANGE?????? Mayor Santos, keep up the good work!!!!!

As a long time Kearny resident and taxpayer, I was impressed with Mayor Santos' accomplishments listed in his ad in this week's Observer. For anyone to say that the Mayor doesn't have Kearny's best wishes in mind should try explaining the $5 MILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS in the Town's coffers, the fact that critical services are being kept at level avoiding layoffs and the ongoing/continuing economic development in Town. The much debated lack of progress at the bat factory site seems to be near an end with the Mayor's securing of Brownstone funds from the federal government to the tune of $25 MILLION over five years. Pretty impressive!!! Mayor Santos and Co. have MY vote!!!! Mr. Leadbeater's ad still doesn't address HOW he is going to accomplish anything. I guess that he was hoping to figure that out by the time Mayor Santos is sworn in again. A time for change????? With the positive position that the Town is ACTUALLY in with a SURPLUS and all of the good work being done, WHY CHANGE?????? Mayor Santos, keep up the good work!!!!!

In his ad, Leadbeater promised that he would NEVER lay off a worker. I'm not sure if that was incredibly brave or astonishingly dumb. Anyone with a brain would have known better than to make such a stupid promise. He also claims that he will cut spending but has thus far failed to tell us how or which specific areas of government/services would be affected.

At least Leadbeater published a new photo - the one he had been using reminded me of a child molester.

Guest Leadbeater supporter

Whom are you kidding Al, if there was a 5 milliom dollar surplus OUR taxes should have been lowered. How much money have you borrowed just for the water department? How much money do you owe the state for the police and firemens pensions? How much further are we in debt because of your continued bonding? Simple questions Mr. Mayor, now answer them.

Guest Santos Supporter
Whom are you kidding Al, if there was a 5 milliom dollar surplus OUR taxes should have been lowered. How much money have you borrowed just for the water department? How much money do you owe the state for the police and firemens pensions? How much further are we in debt because of your continued bonding? Simple questions Mr. Mayor, now answer them.

The surplus will keep the taxpayers from paying MORE thus continuing STABILITY in taxes. Economics 101 - Borrowing money for capital infastructure improvements such as with the water department is a standard process. the same way people borrow money to purchase a house. We own it, we need to maintain it. Just ask Mr. Leadbeater. He was a councilman when they sold it for a MAJOR LOSS. I didn't hear him complain when it was happening. He was the mayors boy.

The surplus will keep the taxpayers from paying MORE thus continuing STABILITY in taxes. Economics 101 - Borrowing money for capital infastructure improvements such as with the water department is a standard process. the same way people borrow money to purchase a house. We own it, we need to maintain it. Just ask Mr. Leadbeater. He was a councilman when they sold it for a MAJOR LOSS. I didn't hear him complain when it was happening. He was the mayors boy.

Are you for real. AGAIN< LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL. You already know that don't you?

The most amazing thing about Leadbeater's latest ridiculous ad is his trying to run on Leo Vartan's coattails.

Leadbeater, are you a complete moron? Vartan got thrown out of office on his ear and you with him. That period was horrible for Kearny. The only good thing about it was how brief it was.

If you think we're going back to that, you're dumber than you look.

The most amazing thing about Leadbeater's latest ridiculous ad is his trying to run on Leo Vartan's coattails.

Leadbeater, are you a complete moron? Vartan got thrown out of office on his ear and you with him. That period was horrible for Kearny. The only good thing about it was how brief it was.

If you think we're going back to that, you're dumber than you look.

Are you a MORON? That was the only time in the last 20 years taxes were stable

Yeah because he refused to negotiate with the town workers and cut the Police and Fire departments by 1/3 each. After almost 4 years of no contracts Leo and Czech left the incoming administration with a multi-million dollar bill to be paid in retroactive pay.

Yeah because he refused to negotiate with the town workers and cut the Police and Fire departments by 1/3 each. After almost 4 years of no contracts Leo and Czech left the incoming administration with a multi-million dollar bill to be paid in retroactive pay.

Exactly right! There is no place to cut taxes in Kearny.

The last time we tried it, it ended up costing us money.

The people of Kearny saw what happened and haven't voted Republican since. We're not that stupid to do it again.

Are you for real??? STABLE??? When John was part of the "TEAM" that stopped paying bills, cut vital town services and slashed the Police and Fire departments, it brought the Town to its knees. The streets, the parks and the infastructure as a whole (town buildings, vehicles and equipment) were in shambles. It took the better part of the last decade to fix their foulups. Remember that it was John's "TEAM" that balanced the budget by SELLING OUR WATER DEPARTMENT FOR A LOSS!!!!

Wasn't he the "Council President"???

Are you for real??? STABLE??? When John was part of the "TEAM" that stopped paying bills, cut vital town services and slashed the Police and Fire departments, it brought the Town to its knees. The streets, the parks and the infastructure as a whole (town buildings, vehicles and equipment) were in shambles. It took the better part of the last decade to fix their foulups. Remember that it was John's "TEAM" that balanced the budget by SELLING OUR WATER DEPARTMENT FOR A LOSS!!!!

STOP WITH YOUR LIES.I CONTACTED TOWN CLERKS OFFICE,MR. LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE SALE OF THE WATER DEPARTMENT.IT`S ON RECORD.SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS RUNNING SCARED, SO OUT COME THE LIES.AND AS FOR YOUR COMMENT (THE TOWN WAS BOUGHT TO IT`S KNEES )YOU CAN THANK SANTOS AND DE ARCO FORTHAT.SANTOS SOLD US OUT TO THE COUNTY BOY`S.SANTOS COULD LOOSE HIS COUNTY JOB IF HE GOE`S AGAINST HIS BOSSES!

STOP WITH YOUR LIES.I CONTACTED TOWN CLERKS OFFICE,MR. LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE SALE OF THE WATER DEPARTMENT.IT`S ON RECORD.SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS RUNNING SCARED, SO OUT COME THE LIES.AND AS FOR YOUR COMMENT (THE TOWN WAS BOUGHT TO IT`S KNEES )YOU CAN THANK SANTOS AND DE ARCO FORTHAT.SANTOS SOLD US OUT TO THE COUNTY BOY`S.SANTOS COULD LOOSE HIS COUNTY JOB IF HE GOE`S AGAINST HIS BOSSES!

What lies??? You keep saying John voted against the water deal. Let's see the record. While you're at it explain why John isn't producing for the voters now his "RECORD" of service during his tenure as councilman. Fact is that John's tenure occurred during the worst governance time in Kearny's history. The Town fell apart and the mayor went to jail. That's a time period that I'd like to see return. NOT!!! The funny thing is that John isn't even acknowledging his participation regarding the water deal or anything else for that matter. It seems like John needed to run for office a decade later in the hopes of voters not remembering him as a councilman.

As for running scared, that's funny. You're the one with his panties in a bunch. Sound like you got turned down for the county job Santos got.

What lies??? You keep saying John voted against the water deal. Let's see the record. While you're at it explain why John isn't producing for the voters now his "RECORD" of service during his tenure as councilman. Fact is that John's tenure occurred during the worst governance time in Kearny's history. The Town fell apart and the mayor went to jail. That's a time period that I'd like to see return. NOT!!! The funny thing is that John isn't even acknowledging his participation regarding the water deal or anything else for that matter. It seems like John needed to run for office a decade later in the hopes of voters not remembering him as a councilman.

As for running scared, that's funny. You're the one with his panties in a bunch. Sound like you got turned down for the county job Santos got.

What?Too lazy to call Town Hall and find out for yourself? MR. LEADBEATER has done more for this town than you or SANTOS,TORRES,could ever dream of doing. The Town is in WORSE SHAPE since SANTOS and DE ARCO AND let`s not forget TORRES been in office. LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD. IT`S PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, DO YOUR HOMEWORK CALL THE CLERKS OFFICE. STOP WITH YOUR LIES YOU SOUND LIKE SANTOS. By the way what job were you promised by SANTOS for all the lie`s you been putting on the web? MY guess is SANTOS is going to definitely need those 83 voters who live at 30-35 HACKENSACK AVE,SOUTH KEARNY.come this election.Maybe you can work the polls at that site for HIM.

What?Too lazy to call Town Hall and find out for yourself? MR. LEADBEATER has done more for this town than you or SANTOS,TORRES,could ever dream of doing. The Town is in WORSE SHAPE since SANTOS and DE ARCO AND let`s not forget TORRES been in office. LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO BE TOLD. IT`S PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE, DO YOUR HOMEWORK CALL THE CLERKS OFFICE. STOP WITH YOUR LIES YOU SOUND LIKE SANTOS. By the way what job were you promised by SANTOS for all the lie`s you been putting on the web? MY guess is SANTOS is going to definitely need those 83 voters who live at 30-35 HACKENSACK AVE,SOUTH KEARNY.come this election.Maybe you can work the polls at that site for HIM.

You're sounding a little HOT, You're sounding a little HOT, You're sounding a little HOT!!! I see that your panties are still twisted. Hope you wear boxers because you're so uptight that briefs would cut-off the circulation. OUCH!!! I guess if you say, "LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL" (three times) and click your heels together, you'll wake up in your own bed realizing it was all a DREAM. Say it to yourself in a mirror. It might be more convincing. If Mr. Leadbeater was REALLY qualified, he would have listed REAL qualifications and background and he wouldn't need YOU to stump for him. We've heard more from YOU about John's campaign than we have from John himself. Everyone is supposed to believe John's propaganda because YOU say so??? WHO is John Leadbeater and WHAT has he done for this town??? These are TWO VERY IMPORTANT questions in an election. Where has he been all these years since his stint as councilman??? He lost sooooo bad the last time that he had to hide politically for the better part of a decade. Coaching a baseball team doesn't count because its a lot different from being Mayor. No umpires to make the RIGHT call for him. It still sounds like you got turned down for the county job Santos got. Maybe you can work at the jail registering MORE voters for John. I think he's going to need them more that Mayor Santos.

You're sounding a little HOT, You're sounding a little HOT, You're sounding a little HOT!!! I see that your panties are still twisted. Hope you wear boxers because you're so uptight that briefs would cut-off the circulation. OUCH!!! I guess if you say, "LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL-LEADBEATER VOTED AGAINST THE WATER DEAL" (three times) and click your heels together, you'll wake up in your own bed realizing it was all a DREAM. Say it to yourself in a mirror. It might be more convincing. If Mr. Leadbeater was REALLY qualified, he would have listed REAL qualifications and background and he wouldn't need YOU to stump for him. We've heard more from YOU about John's campaign than we have from John himself. Everyone is supposed to believe John's propaganda because YOU say so??? WHO is John Leadbeater and WHAT has he done for this town??? These are TWO VERY IMPORTANT questions in an election. Where has he been all these years since his stint as councilman??? He lost sooooo bad the last time that he had to hide politically for the better part of a decade. Coaching a baseball team doesn't count because its a lot different from being Mayor. No umpires to make the RIGHT call for him. It still sounds like you got turned down for the county job Santos got. Maybe you can work at the jail registering MORE voters for John. I think he's going to need them more that Mayor Santos.

Why is it whenever someone says something negative about Mayor Santos, you respond by lieing about Mr. Leadbeater? If you were here in the 90's, you would know he was one of the most respected individuals representing us. He never cared if you were a republican or a democrat, he did what he thought was right. For the record, he voted against the Vartan water deal. Someday you will acknowledge that

Not to mention that Lead 1 was one of the worst LL coaches ever. I still remember kids running off the field crying.

Thank You for realizing LEADBEATER voted against the water deal. Your concern of what undergarments I wear is scary. especially coming from a convicted pedophile. When SANTOS comes to see you ask him what he plans to do for Kearny besides nothing.Your question who is JOHN LEADBEATER,being locked up 24/7 how would you know him. HE is the one who is going to get rid of you pedophiles. The LEADBEATERS have been in Kearny for over 40 years.Maybe some day you could coach, oop`s sorry you can`t you will be a registered offender! As for the county job,I wouldn`t be able to sell out control of KEARNY to the county boys like SANTOS did.As for the job at the jail, why would SANTOS and the COUNTY BOY`S pay ME when they have you there doing it for free. Maybe when you get out SANTOS will get you a job in the county.Enough with you. To all Town EMPLOYEES and RESIDENTS LAY-OFFS AND HIGHER TAXES IF SANTOS GETS ELECTED!!!!

Guest Guestimate
Why is it whenever someone says something negative about Mayor Santos, you respond by lieing about Mr. Leadbeater? If you were here in the 90's, you would know he was one of the most respected individuals representing us. He never cared if you were a republican or a democrat, he did what he thought was right. For the record, he voted against the Vartan water deal. Someday you will acknowledge that

He was part of a team that did approve the water deal. Nobody has said he voted for or against it. So as a decenter from his party this proves that he was not an effective member of the council if he could not convince the other members of the team that it was a bad deal.

He was part of a team that did approve the water deal. Nobody has said he voted for or against it. So as a decenter from his party this proves that he was not an effective member of the council if he could not convince the other members of the team that it was a bad deal.

What are you saying?That MR. LEADBEATER should have voted yes because his TEAM did? Your kidding right?

It's taken 10 years to get this far on the bat factory; and nothing is formally finalized? And why couldn't Santos decide on other development opportunities on Passaic Avenue other than the bat factory in 10 years?

A $5 million suplus in a competive election year makes me wonder how he's been juggling the budget. Increase in his previous 9 years and wow, what a miracle, Kearny has a surplus.

By doing nothing Leadbeater can accomplish more than Santos.

Sorry, my votes with Leadbeater.

It's taken 10 years to get this far on the bat factory; and nothing is formally finalized? And why couldn't Santos decide on other development opportunities on Passaic Avenue other than the bat factory in 10 years?

A $5 million suplus in a competive election year makes me wonder how he's been juggling the budget. Increase in his previous 9 years and wow, what a miracle, Kearny has a surplus.

By doing nothing Leadbeater can accomplish more than Santos.

Sorry, my votes with Leadbeater.

Wu-su, you've been knocking Santos for a long time on this board now. Take your personal baggage against him elsewhere.

Guest Guestimate
What are you saying?That MR. LEADBEATER should have voted yes because his TEAM did? Your kidding right?

No. I'm saying that if he thought it was a bad deal and voted against, it an effective councilman would have been able to convince the rest of his team or at minimum someone from his team and he did not. Therefore, he was not an effective councilman and will not be as mayor either.

No. I'm saying that if he thought it was a bad deal and voted against, it an effective councilman would have been able to convince the rest of his team or at minimum someone from his team and he did not. Therefore, he was not an effective councilman and will not be as mayor either.

How many Democrats were on the council? How many Republicans? Do YOU know how many no votes there was? You can lead a horse to water but you can`t make him drink!!!!