Leadbeater Campaign Picking up Steam

Guest Town Watch

Guest Town Watch

Time for change, No sign of the Mayor on the streets, He can't find anyone to blame anymore for this property tax mess and can't face the public in trying to explain why this happened. Leadbeater is walking and talking to the taxpayers and is gaining everyday. Time to throw this guy out. Change is Possible.

Sounds Great, and it'd be nice to see some new blood in Town Hall...THAT SAID..you Do relize that John along wont get anything done. if the Council plays partisan games, nothing will change.

Time for change, No sign of the Mayor on the streets, He can't find anyone to blame anymore for this property tax mess and can't face the public in trying to explain why this happened. Leadbeater is walking and talking to the taxpayers and is gaining everyday. Time to throw this guy out. Change is Possible.

Time for change???? No sign of the Mayor on the streets???? I see him around town all of the time. All you have to do is look. Did you ever think he might be busy performing his duties as mayor? One would think that it takes some effort and time to do that in a town the size of Kearny. Property tax mess???? What mess? He doesn't need to find anyone to blame for the property taxes in this town. Kearny's finances are as stable as they can be given the current economic situation. Kearny has one of the best situated financial positions of all the municipalities in New Jersey. It seems pretty evident that rising costs related to salaries, insurance, utilities, etc. would cause continued increased costs for the Town regardless of who was Mayor. But given those circumstances, the Mayor and Council should be applauded for their planning and preparation to put the Town in a positive position. If Mr. Leadbeater was qualified, he should have known that. I would actually like to see Mr. Leadbeater actually present a plan to reduce costs. I don't think he has one or is smart enough to develop one. Time is short, the election is just a few weeks away.

Can't face the public???? He seems readily available and pretty easy to approach. Just visit him at the Town Hall.

Leadbeater SHOULD walk and talk to the taxpayers in this town. He should be apologizing to each and every one of them for his time served as a council member. He didn't understand hw to manage the Town then as a council member and he sure doesn't understand how to do it now as a mayoral candidate.

Change is always possible. The voters proved that when Mr Leadbeater was "thrown off" the Council. Why should we change anything? Al Santos is the best candidate for the position. Kearny is lucky to have him.

Leadbeater promised us a plan. Where is it?

Until I see a better plan that will work, I'm not interested. Especially after seeing that Leadbeater can't even write an intelligent advertisement for himself.

You think things can't get worse? You're wrong. An incompetent mayor would just make more problems.

Until I see a better plan that will work, I'm not interested. Especially after seeing that Leadbeater can't even write an intelligent advertisement for himself.

You think things can't get worse? You're wrong. An incompetent mayor would just make more problems.

Are you for real. Mayor Santos had a 10 point plan and NOT 1 thing has been done. He has RAISED taxes almost 100% since he has been in office. I received his literature yesterday and could not believe all that he claimed. If he really brought in 46 million in new tax rateables, then he really has done a TERRIBLE job with the tax dollars. Open your eyes and see it is time for a change.....

Like Santos HAS

Time for change???? No sign of the Mayor on the streets???? I see him around town all of the time. All you have to do is look. Did you ever think he might be busy performing his duties as mayor? One would think that it takes some effort and time to do that in a town the size of Kearny. Property tax mess???? What mess? He doesn't need to find anyone to blame for the property taxes in this town. Kearny's finances are as stable as they can be given the current economic situation. Kearny has one of the best situated financial positions of all the municipalities in New Jersey. It seems pretty evident that rising costs related to salaries, insurance, utilities, etc. would cause continued increased costs for the Town regardless of who was Mayor. But given those circumstances, the Mayor and Council should be applauded for their planning and preparation to put the Town in a positive position. If Mr. Leadbeater was qualified, he should have known that. I would actually like to see Mr. Leadbeater actually present a plan to reduce costs. I don't think he has one or is smart enough to develop one. Time is short, the election is just a few weeks away.

Can't face the public???? He seems readily available and pretty easy to approach. Just visit him at the Town Hall.

Leadbeater SHOULD walk and talk to the taxpayers in this town. He should be apologizing to each and every one of them for his time served as a council member. He didn't understand hw to manage the Town then as a council member and he sure doesn't understand how to do it now as a mayoral candidate.

Change is always possible. The voters proved that when Mr Leadbeater was "thrown off" the Council. Why should we change anything? Al Santos is the best candidate for the position. Kearny is lucky to have him.

LET' S STAY WITH THE FACTS . SINCE SANTOS HAS BEEN MAYOR OUR TAXES HAVE GONE UP.AND AS FOR RISING COSTS DUE TO SALARIES,TELL THE MAYOR TO CUT BACK ON LAWYERS AND DE ARCO:S SALARIES AND NOT THE BLUE COLLAR WORKERS.RESIDENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY IT;S TIME FOR CHANGE.AND BY THE WAY LEADBEATER HAS BEEN WALKING AND TALKING TO THE RESIDENTS OF KEARNY SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. CHRIS CHRISTIE,LEADBEATER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Mayor Santos had a 10 point plan and NOT 1 thing has been done. He has RAISED taxes almost 100% since he has been in office.

Can you prove that not one thing has been done? I doubt it.

And Mayor Santos didn't raise taxes all by himself. Things cost money. Services cost money. Making improvements costs money.

As long as the cost of doing business continues to rise, so will your taxes. That's reality. Leadbeater can't promise not to raise taxes. No one can.

NJ is expensive. Deal with it or move to Iowa where they don't have nearly as much in terms of constituent services.

Guest Ronald Reagan
LET' S STAY WITH THE FACTS . SINCE SANTOS HAS BEEN MAYOR OUR TAXES HAVE GONE UP.AND AS FOR RISING COSTS DUE TO SALARIES,TELL THE MAYOR TO CUT BACK ON LAWYERS AND DE ARCO:S SALARIES AND NOT THE BLUE COLLAR WORKERS.RESIDENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY IT;S TIME FOR CHANGE.AND BY THE WAY LEADBEATER HAS BEEN WALKING AND TALKING TO THE RESIDENTS OF KEARNY SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. CHRIS CHRISTIE,LEADBEATER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

CHRISTIE YES LEADBEATER NO

Guest Guest Who?
AND BY THE WAY LEADBEATER HAS BEEN WALKING AND TALKING TO THE RESIDENTS OF KEARNY SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

How come John didn't ring my bell today? Instead he just left a door hanging document saying "sorry I missed you". Easy to miss someone when you don't even attempt to talk to them.

How come John didn't ring my bell today? Instead he just left a door hanging document saying "sorry I missed you". Easy to miss someone when you don't even attempt to talk to them.

And I'm still waiting to see this plan Leadbeater promised. Obviously he doesn't have one.

And I'm still waiting to see this plan Leadbeater promised. Obviously he doesn't have one.

Lets start with SOUTH KEARNY.Reach out to Loews,Home Depot,Wal-Mart and show them warehouses,land to build on.Maybe they would be interested.There is a lot of land available through out KEARNY and SOUTH KEARNY.We need to revitalze the Industry world in SOUTH KEARNY IMMEDIATELY.

Mr. Leadbeater came by my home saturday.I had a very good conversation with him.He listened to my complaints and what he thought should be done.Give Him a call,His telephone number is on the door hanger He will come out to talk to you anytime.Make sure your doorbell is working!!

Guest Guest Who?
Mr. Leadbeater came by my home saturday.I had a very good conversation with him.He listened to my complaints and what he thought should be done.Give Him a call,His telephone number is on the door hanger He will come out to talk to you anytime.Make sure your doorbell is working!!

I was home; doorbell works; but he decided not to ring it.

I was home; doorbell works; but he decided not to ring it.

Again, YOU have HIS number just give HIM a call.HE would love to come out and speak to YOU.By the way,glad to hear the doorbell works.Hope the hearings ok.

Guest Guest Who?
Again, YOU have HIS number just give HIM a call.HE would love to come out and speak to YOU.By the way,glad to hear the doorbell works.Hope the hearings ok.

Hearing is just fine. Thanks for your concern. Why should I call him when he obviously does not wish to speak to me? Not calling him, not voting for him.

Hearing is just fine. Thanks for your concern. Why should I call him when he obviously does not wish to speak to me? Not calling him, not voting for him.

How do you know he will not talk to you.Give him a chance,YOU might like what has to say!

Guest Guest Who?
How do you know he will not talk to you.Give him a chance,YOU might like what has to say!

He had his chance to try to convince me. Missed the opportunity. If my vote matter to him he should have rang the bell.

WOW MARY TORRES (DEPUTY MAYOR/MAYOR SECRETARY)MUST BE RUNNING SCARED.SHE TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS LETTER FOR THE MAYOR.SHE CAN:T AFFORD TO LOOSE HER SALARY,BENEFITS,SICK TIME,VACATION TIME OH LETS NOT FORGET THE MUNICIPAL CONVENTION IN ATLANTIC CITY SHE GOES TO COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY EVERY YEAR.WHAT A DISGRACE.TIME FOR CHANGE.NOTHING BUT BROKEN PROMISES FROM SANTOS!!!!

He had his chance to try to convince me. Missed the opportunity. If my vote matter to him he should have rang the bell.

Who are you kidding ? He spent 30 minutes at my door. You probably ignored him as usual because you LOVE Santos

Guest Guest Who?
Who are you kidding ? He spent 30 minutes at my door. You probably ignored him as usual because you LOVE Santos

Wrong. Definitely not a Santos lover. My vote was up for grabs this year. But it was John that did the ignoring, not me. If it had been Santos that did the same thing, then I would be saying the same thing about him.

Guest Definitely NOT Mary
WOW MARY TORRES (DEPUTY MAYOR/MAYOR SECRETARY)MUST BE RUNNING SCARED.SHE TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS LETTER FOR THE MAYOR.SHE CAN:T AFFORD TO LOOSE HER SALARY,BENEFITS,SICK TIME,VACATION TIME OH LETS NOT FORGET THE MUNICIPAL CONVENTION IN ATLANTIC CITY SHE GOES TO COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY EVERY YEAR.WHAT A DISGRACE.TIME FOR CHANGE.NOTHING BUT BROKEN PROMISES FROM SANTOS!!!!

Oops, sorry. I'm not Mary. I'm not even empolyed by the Town or the County. I'm just a regular old taxpayer and lifelong Kearny resident who thinks Mayor Santos has done an excellent job as Mayor of Kearny. It's seems that you are way too angry to even express your views constructively. This attidtude won't benefit Leadbeater or his campain. If I were you, I'd start stocking up on tissues NOW. You will be crying for a long time after the November election after Mr. Santos gets RE-ELECTED!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Town Watch

You can rest assured that if Santos gets another 4 years we will see a major property tax increase, with a strong possibly of major layoffs next year across the board. This town is headed for bad times, and if i'm wrong will the Mayor go on record and say there won't be increases in taxes and a reduction in the towns workforce. We need checks and balances in Kearny, the one party system in this town doesn't work. Leadbeater will hold the line on taxes because he is committed to making it the centerpiece of his election. The Santos 10 point plan failed and was all lip service and a broked promise to the taxpaying citizens of this once great town. Its time to break up this party, because the people who are paying for this party (TAXPAYERS) never were invited. Leadbeater will get this town back on track. He deserves that chance. think about that when you vote on November 3rd. ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE 4 YEARS AGO. I know i'm not!!!!!!!

You can rest assured that if Santos gets another 4 years we will see a major property tax increase, with a strong possibly of major layoffs next year across the board. This town is headed for bad times, and if i'm wrong will the Mayor go on record and say there won't be increases in taxes and a reduction in the towns workforce. We need checks and balances in Kearny, the one party system in this town doesn't work. Leadbeater will hold the line on taxes because he is committed to making it the centerpiece of his election. The Santos 10 point plan failed and was all lip service and a broked promise to the taxpaying citizens of this once great town. Its time to break up this party, because the people who are paying for this party (TAXPAYERS) never were invited. Leadbeater will get this town back on track. He deserves that chance. think about that when you vote on November 3rd. ARE YOU BETTER OFF NOW THAN YOU WERE 4 YEARS AGO. I know i'm not!!!!!!!

You're just babbling. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest Lincoln Logger

I guess I would have to agree with you on this one. I wasnt sure about voting for Leadbeater, but the more I hear the better I like the man. I think from the stories I head in his earlier days, I to might not have voted for him. But from everything I hear he is trying, and trying very hard. I like that in a man. Now I think I am ready to give him my vote. I hope that he does well.