hamilton school

Guest Guest

GRAND OPENING OF THE NEW SCHOOL, AND THE MAYOR WAS NOT THERE, WHAT A SHAME. HALF OF THE COUNCIL WAS NOT THERE.

What is the big deal anyway? this is just an opportunity for the new super to get another picture in the observer, just to let you know this school has been here for many years as Washington Middle School, now since the new high school was built and the students were shifted around doran decided to rename the school to Hamilton St. school. This is not a grand opening and it is not a new school.

What is the big deal anyway? this is just an opportunity for the new super to get another picture in the observer, just to let you know this school has been here for many years as Washington Middle School, now since the new high school was built and the students were shifted around doran decided to rename the school to Hamilton St. school. This is not a grand opening and it is not a new school.

What was wrong with Washington Middle School. Doran is out of control. Our Abbott District school is going to spend some more money on signage for the renamed building. Check who does the sign and I bet its a buddy of Doran's. I am sick and tired of the stupidity and arrogance of these guys. Wasting our tax dollars on their salaries and stupid stuff like renaming the school from a president to one of his best friends (who wasn't a president). Doran should have renamed it "I make 200,000+ and I'm an idiot" it would have been more appropriate.

Guest The Most Interesting Man
The next thing you see will be the school being renamed "The Harvey Milk School!"

"Stay Thirsty My Friends!"

What was wrong with Washington Middle School. Doran is out of control. Our Abbott District school is going to spend some more money on signage for the renamed building. Check who does the sign and I bet its a buddy of Doran's. I am sick and tired of the stupidity and arrogance of these guys. Wasting our tax dollars on their salaries and stupid stuff like renaming the school from a president to one of his best friends (who wasn't a president). Doran should have renamed it "I make 200,000+ and I'm an idiot" it would have been more appropriate.

It is not his money that why. He would like to name it Harrison Realty School since all of his cohorts and so called friends are now employed in both, harrison realty and board of ed

The stone on top of the joint (Hamilton School)

has been there since 1920 you simpleton imbecile.

THE ONLY WASTE IS YOU

THE ONLY WASTE IS YOU

Wow!! Hit a sore spot Jimbo?? Who is new at the BOE? Councilman Huaranga??? You should be put in jail.

THE ONLY WASTE IS YOU

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, you are always showing your true colors. What Jimmy wants he gets otherwise he will put up a big fuss and start pouting about it. poor Jimmy you can read too.

THE ONLY WASTE IS YOU

Oh come on don't be so mad at that Jimbo, you actualy put yourself in that position by being the only candidate to interview with the BOE, your cousin and your two night school employees, how could they say no to you Jimbo, the rest just followed since they were appointed by the mayor, they too had no other choice than to say yes to the best only candidate Jimbo D.

Wast the $200,000. dollar man there? did you get a picture with him? good

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this school was, at one time ,the high school......is this any indication how the town has changed

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this school was, at one time ,the high school......is this any indication how the town has changed

yes it was the high school, I went there 1956-1960.I just assumed everyone knew that, but yes you are right, most people in this town now don't know that. I just had a argument with someone who said there was never a fire house on sussex street and fifth. I know there was because I grew up by that fire house. YES THE TOWN HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORST.

yes it was the high school, I went there 1956-1960.I just assumed everyone knew that, but yes you are right, most people in this town now don't know that. I just had a argument with someone who said there was never a fire house on sussex street and fifth. I know there was because I grew up by that fire house. YES THE TOWN HAS CHANGED FOR THE WORST.

Ya know this past week-end I attended a "Harrison Reunion" and the one thing that jumped out at me was how few of the people who were there are still living in Harrison. One can only imagine how things would've turned out had we all stayed in town.

I thought that the High School as originaly located on Washington St., then moved to the Hamilton St. location, but kept its name as Washington School. Does anyone know?

I thought that the High School as originaly located on Washington St., then moved to the Hamilton St. location, but kept its name as Washington School. Does anyone know?

I'm age 63 and remember Washington Street school was a grammer school only. After it closed, Lincoln took the students. Holy Cross had over 1000 students in 24 clessrooms plus a commercial class and OLC had a large number of kids.

I think Washington Middle School was the result of State Laws regarding class size coupled with the loss of the good sisters and increased tuition at the catholic Schools resulting in kids leaving for the public system.

Guest Wondering

Sussex and 5th - on the corner? I know of the one that stood where the Polish Home is now on Cleveland.

Guest old fart
Sussex and 5th - on the corner? I know of the one that stood where the Polish Home is now on Cleveland.

No, you don't know. The Polish Home was always there. And for your information the Polish Home was the OLC church before it relocated to Third and Jersey. The firehouse was where 280 is now. The firehouse was across the street from the big playground off of Harrison Ave.

Sussex and Fifth was home to engine 3. Captain Enright was in charge os a tour there. He was a big guy in Harrison Little League (Enright Little League Field)

Cleveland Avenue and John Street was home to Engine No. 1, Truck 2 and the reserve engine and emergency truck. Chief Rodgers was assigned there as a firemen and Captain in his younger days.

First one was by RCA factory and the second was diagonally across from Polish home where 280 ramp is now. Headquarters was Cleveland Ave. by Police Station years ago. The state built new Hq. when they took the station for 280 ramp. Cleveland now Engine 3 only.

There still is a Firehouse at 5th and Sussex. The fire vehicle is parked at the house there all the time. Can always tell because I can hear the bagpipes.

There still is a Firehouse at 5th and Sussex. The fire vehicle is parked at the house there all the time. Can always tell because I can hear the bagpipes.

Please. some of us are having a grown-up discussion here, go play your bad mouthing elsewhere. Trying to teach a little Harrison History to the young and the newcomers.

Those are the perks in being a Town of Harrison Firefighter. No job is better than that

Please. some of us are having a grown-up discussion here, go play your bad mouthing elsewhere. Trying to teach a little Harrison History to the young and the newcomers.
What makes you think that the names of old High Schools or where Firehouses were are so important to The Young or The Newcomers? Might be interesting to you! Believe me, no one cares. You said that you were in the graduating class of 1960 so that makes you approx. 67 years old. Do yourself a big favor and keep your history lessons to yourself or share them with your Great Grandchildren. You and your "Great Generation" abandoned the Town a long time ago! Some of us whom have stayed and endured the genocide of the hard working, high tax paying people with family values and the confidence that the "Blur" of what Harrison was, would someday return. So just gather at your reunions with all of your out of town living friends and discuss how Harrison used to be. Your of no help now! Also, continue to drive through Town at Thanksgiving and Christmas and whine about how the place has changed. 'We'= (any Harrison resident) that have stayed here, have seen this change firsthand and have witnessed the mess that has been made of it. Keep the history of Harrison right where it belongs, in the past! Making people think about the past who are terrified of their future here, only makes it hurt all the more to see what has been done.