The American people want a public option

Guest Guest

65% of the American people want the new health care law to include a public option that would allow everyone to join a “government-administered health care plan like Medicare.”

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2009/09/.../25pollgrx.html

Call it what you want. The American people want it. We should have it. If it doesn’t work, we can get rid of it.

The insurance companies are trying desperately to stop it. They know that once we have it, we will pay lower rates for equal or better medical care, and won't want to give it up.

65% of the American people want the new health care law to include a public option that would allow everyone to join a “government-administered health care plan like Medicare.”

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2009/09/.../25pollgrx.html

Call it what you want. The American people want it. We should have it. If it doesn’t work, we can get rid of it.

The insurance companies are trying desperately to stop it. They know that once we have it, we will pay lower rates for equal or better medical care, and won't want to give it up.

The link is for something a little less slanted than the Times.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...ion_41_disagree

Talk about cherry-picking for polls.

Guest Radagast
The link is for something a little less slanted than the Times.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...ion_41_disagree

Talk about cherry-picking for polls.

It is really remarkable that Rasmussen has lately become contrary to almost every other polling organizations results and his results always lean towards the right. Any explanation for this other than the wingnut response of 'He's right and everyone else is wrong'?

Guest 2smart4u
It is really remarkable that Rasmussen has lately become contrary to almost every other polling organizations results and his results always lean towards the right. Any explanation for this other than the wingnut response of 'He's right and everyone else is wrong'?

Guest 2smart4u

Fox also has it at 41%. Radagast just can't imagine Rasmussen and Fox not being part of the leftist cabal.

You could make that argument, but a poll is essentially a prediction based on voter sentiment. Rasmussen happens to be more accurate the day after the election. But, if you must argue bias, I notice you ignored the same bias that is quite evident at the Times.

Be honest, where, besides the Times, have you heard a 61% majority in favor of the public option? It's just not true.

You could make that argument, but a poll is essentially a prediction based on voter sentiment. Rasmussen happens to be more accurate the day after the election. But, if you must argue bias, I notice you ignored the same bias that is quite evident at the Times.

Be honest, where, besides the Times, have you heard a 61% majority in favor of the public option? It's just not true.

It is true. You just don't want to believe it.

A poll is not a prediction. It's a random sample. It works the same way you mix ingredients for a cake. If you stir it properly, the ingredients are combined in a homogenous batter.

We all know that you morons refuse to believe anything that comes from the world's best and most respected newspaper but the fact remains that those are the numbers.

A poll is not a prediction. It's a random sample. It works the same way you mix ingredients for a cake. If you stir it properly, the ingredients are combined in a homogenous batter.

We all know that you morons refuse to believe anything that comes from the world's best and most respected newspaper but the fact remains that those are the numbers.

Well, if its true, please provide a source. As for the cake batter analogy, that's a farce. If you've ever taken part in a poll, you know that the questions can sometimes be skewed for a specific answer.

If I asked you, "Do you believe there should be a public option for healthcare, or should the sick and elderly be left to fend for themselves?"; who would answer no to a question phrased that way? I'm not saying that was part of the Times poll, and it is an extreme exaggeration just to prove the point, but some pollsters, on both sides, have found ways to subtly elicit the responses that they may want.

You and I disagree, no big deal. But, if the Times is the best and most respected paper, sorry, I just threw up a little bit, why are the circulation numbers in the toilet? For me personally, I have no desire to have ANY newspaper cluttering the house when I can find the same info on the internet, but the product put out by the Times is driven by a liberal agenda. That's fine for editorial sections, but not the front page.

Guest 2smart4u

world's best and most respected newspaper?? Sounds like terminal Kool-Aiditis.

Well, if its true, please provide a source. As for the cake batter analogy, that's a farce. If you've ever taken part in a poll, you know that the questions can sometimes be skewed for a specific answer.

If I asked you, "Do you believe there should be a public option for healthcare, or should the sick and elderly be left to fend for themselves?"; who would answer no to a question phrased that way? I'm not saying that was part of the Times poll, and it is an extreme exaggeration just to prove the point, but some pollsters, on both sides, have found ways to subtly elicit the responses that they may want.

You and I disagree, no big deal. But, if the Times is the best and most respected paper, sorry, I just threw up a little bit, why are the circulation numbers in the toilet? For me personally, I have no desire to have ANY newspaper cluttering the house when I can find the same info on the internet, but the product put out by the Times is driven by a liberal agenda. That's fine for editorial sections, but not the front page.

The source is The New York Times. They use standard and proven methods and their polls are accurate.

Polls can be fixed but The Times does not do that. Their question was phrased appropriately. They would lose credibility among professional poll-takers if they didn't. That has not happened. You may not like it, but the Times has more Pulitzer prizes than any other paper and is widely considered to be the best newspaper in the world.

You just explained why its circulation is down. People have given up newspapers for the internet. Next time, think about what you're saying. You might actually have a grain of truth in it somewhere.

Guest 2smart4u
According to a poll by the New England Journal of Medicine, most doctors want a public option. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...cE_GnFXHJDWyEZg

Hey, 2stupid4words, are you going to call the New England Journal of Medicine left wing, too?

Tell me you're not this naive and you're only kidding. A poll conducted in San Francisco, home of Nancy (there wil be a public option) Pelosi ?? Please.

Guest 2smart4u
The source is The New York Times. They use standard and proven methods and their polls are accurate.

Polls can be fixed but The Times does not do that. Their question was phrased appropriately. They would lose credibility among professional poll-takers if they didn't. That has not happened. You may not like it, but the Times has more Pulitzer prizes than any other paper and is widely considered to be the best newspaper in the world.

You just explained why its circulation is down. People have given up newspapers for the internet. Next time, think about what you're saying. You might actually have a grain of truth in it somewhere.

Once again, the Pulitzer Prize Committee is a leftist group. They only award prizes to leftists. It probably came down to the Slimes or Pravda.

Tell me you're not this naive and you're only kidding. A poll conducted in San Francisco, home of Nancy (there wil be a public option) Pelosi ?? Please.

Idiot,

In the first place, just because you don't respect the people who live there doesn't mean they're as stupid as you are.

In the second place, the poll wasn't conducted in San Francisco. The news organization that reported the story is in San Francisco.

The New England Journal of Medicine is in New England, asshole.

Do you take stupid lessons?

Once again, the Pulitzer Prize Committee is a leftist group. They only award prizes to leftists. It probably came down to the Slimes or Pravda.

You're lying again. The Pulitzer Prize Committee is among the most respected in the world. They have awarded several of their prizes to the Wall Street Journal. http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/doc...rDG04052004.htm

You just make stuff up and you don't even care that you're doing it. You're a lying scumbag.

Idiot,

In the first place, just because you don't respect the people who live there doesn't mean they're as stupid as you are.

In the second place, the poll wasn't conducted in San Francisco. The news organization that reported the story is in San Francisco.

The New England Journal of Medicine is in New England, asshole.

Do you take stupid lessons?

:lol: :lol:

Hey, 2dim, who's buried in Grant's tomb? :lol: