Letter to Kearny residents

Guest guest

We finally have someone willing to step up and hold the mayor accountable and all you do is put Leadbeater down. Why? The mayor has done nothing other than getting quick fixes from the state or the county to offset his budget woes.

This is why he not getting my vote:

1. First I don’t see him anywhere. It not like he's been very active in Kearny politics in the last few years.

2. He’s not as educated compared to Santos

3. The only way he can lower taxes is if he fights BOE or get’s new industry into Kearny, I believe he can’t do that.

4. He showed up in this forum and quickly left, so he not willing to stand on his views

We finally have someone willing to step up and hold the mayor accountable and all you do is put Leadbeater down. Why?

Because he's not holding anyone accountable. Any idiot can do what Leadbetter is doing. All you have to do is complain and criticize.

Leadbetter said he would spell out a plan. He hasn't done it yet. Let's see if he does it at all.

If he does, then let's see what it is. Let's hold Leadbetter accountable to spell out a responsible and specific plan.

Because if you elect him, the bloom will go off the rose very quickly, just like it always does with candidates who make big promises with nothing behind them.

Not to mention the fact that he's not smart enough to have a specific plan how to run Kearny. His ridiculous advertisement was proof of that.

Why are you being like this? At least John is willing to take a stand for the people of Kearny. Anyone can make spelling and grammar errors.

Not when you're writing a letter that should be checked several times before you send it. My guess is he'll show the same lack of effort if he gets elected.

We finally have someone willing to step up and hold the mayor accountable and all you do is put Leadbeater down. Why? The mayor has done nothing other than getting quick fixes from the state or the county to offset his budget woes.

Because he's silly. Did you ever see him run a Little League team?

1. First I don’t see him anywhere. It not like he's been very active in Kearny politics in the last few years.

3. The only way he can lower taxes is if he fights BOE or get’s new industry into Kearny, I believe he can’t do that.

4. He showed up in this forum and quickly left, so he not willing to stand on his views

You should check all of YOUR grammar and spelling before you criticize his.

A person being well-educated isn't a good enough reason to vote for them. Santos is well educated, in my opinion hyper-educated, but it hasn't helped his ability to govern. In fact, it is my opinion that he hides behind his education and uses it to look down on the rest of the blue collar folks in town.

That's a cheap shot at Mayor Santos, who could easily make more money in a private law practice. He has served as our mayor because he cares about Kearny. If you would take the time to get to know him, you would know that.

You don't seem to want to hear the fact that local officials in a small town like Kearny usually have little or no control over taxes. Leadbetter says he will offer specific ideas how our taxes can be lowered. Let's see if he does it.

And don't kid yourself. With an incompetent mayor who can't even write a simple advertisement properly, your taxes could easily go higher.

Then why hasn't he. Could it be he sucked as an attorney and now just states he is an attorney. He wouldn't be the first attorney to do that.

Yes I understand that the grammar is wrong but is the message wrong?

The message IS true. I was at the tea party on Saturday on Davis Avenue and Mr. Leadbeater told us to call the tax collector to verify his numbers. I did that today and he was RIGHT. My taxes have gone up 72% under Mayor Santos, PERIOD

A person being well-educated isn't a good enough reason to vote for them. Santos is well educated, in my opinion hyper-educated, but it hasn't helped his ability to govern. In fact, it is my opinion that he hides behind his education and uses it to look down on the rest of the blue collar folks in town.

Having an education isn't a good enough reason but Al has been mayor for many years. You may agree with him but he has done a good job.

Not having much intelligence is a good enough reason not to vote for someone. Leadbetter fits that bill.

Then why hasn't he.

Because he chooses to do this.

Could it be he sucked as an attorney and now just states he is an attorney. He wouldn't be the first attorney to do that.

And you wouldn't be the first idiot to accuse someone by pretending to ask a question. There's no need to guess about him. He has a record and it's a good one. There aren't any scandals coming out of the mayor's office, as there used to be in Kearny on a regular basis. The town is professionally run with Santos. You may not agree with him but he makes responsible decisions. So unless you can produce a candidate who can actually spell out a better approach, Santos is the clear choice for re-election. Personally, I prefer the no-drama approach.

What? How can you even prove that?

Anyone with an education knows better than to "hide behind" it.

The message IS true. I was at the tea party on Saturday on Davis Avenue and Mr. Leadbeater told us to call the tax collector to verify his numbers. I did that today and he was RIGHT. My taxes have gone up 72% under Mayor Santos, PERIOD

"PERIOD" just means you refuse to think about it. Unless Leadbeater has a specific plan for lowering taxes, they would go up under him too.

He promised us a plan. Where is it?

Here is the advertisment. The Observer probably wouldn't publish it as a Letter to the Editor.

An Open Letter to Voters of Kearny

I believe OUR town needs new leadership! For the past 10 years, taxes have continuously gone up. It amazes me that because there is an election for Mayor, we supposedly saw a 2% decrease. I say supposedly because once again Kearny has deferred making the pension payments for our police and firemen. To me this is nothing more than a gimmick. When Republicans lost control of the council in 1997 the tax rate was $52.02 per thousand. Today that rate is $89.47 per thousand. So your taxes have been raised 72% in that time span. To explain this in a simpler form, if your home was assessed at $150,000 your taxes would have been $7803 in 1997. Today that same $150,000 assessed home the taxes are $13,425. Enough is enough. Just look around town today at all the vote getting jobs being done. Why wern't our streets repaved in the summer, when children were off from school and the town was less congested? My guess is that it was done now for effect and votes. Over the next 7 weeks I will be discussing MY vision and plans to REDUCE our taxes. With your help I believe WE can achive these goals. If you would like to be part of OUR team call me at 201-997-3989 or 201-297-0738

Thank You,

John Leadbeater

Paid for by Leadbeater for Mayor Campaign

If time has taught me one thing, it's to never trust a Republican who states, "Read my lips, no new taxes", while running for office.

Read_my_lips.jpeg.jpg

Guest It is curious

If you believe that, maybe you should invest your money with John Leadbeater's "Lead 1 Investments" which is in the business of flipping real estate.

"PERIOD" just means you refuse to think about it. Unless Leadbeater has a specific plan for lowering taxes, they would go up under him too.

He promised us a plan. Where is it?

So did SANTOS 8years ago.We need CHANGE in KEARNY.