Shooting on Rt. 280 in Harrison

Guest Guest

There was a Shooting on Rt. 280 this morning by a State Trooper. Traffic was backed up into Harrison because of it.

It took me 45 mins. to get from one end of Harrison to the other and in that time, I never saw ANY police officers assisting with the traffic.

When there is a traffic backup into Harrison like that, it should be "all hands on deck" to deploy police/fire personnel to keep the main intersections flowing.

Otherwise, there are a lot of flaring tempers as people are trying to push through clogged intersections to get to work. Given that this happens (and generally happens)

when the children are headed to school, it could turn into a disaster.

There was a Shooting on Rt. 280 this morning by a State Trooper. Traffic was backed up into Harrison because of it.

I thought with all the helicopters and sirens the FBI was coming to get the Mayor and some others for all the corruption that goes on in Harrison. Harrison is well overdue for a big one.

Where do you propose we get these police officers from? The Mayor and Council have decided that the Police Department can operate with the manpower it currently has. That leaves three patrol Officers on the road , and out of these at least one of them (during the day) are assigned to the Schools. The problem you are referring to today was handled with "all hands on deck", as even the Squad commander was doing traffic at 4th and harrison ave. You might as well get used to it, soon the new stadium will open and this traffic will be the norm. I sure hope we don't have any emergencys during this time. I am truly concerned as should all of us who live here.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/...ct_after_v.html

280 backs up in Newark, everyone tries to get around the traffic by cutting thru side streets, and every Harrison cop should be out directing traffic?

I saw plenty of traffic on 280 and the usual amount of cars coming thru Harrison. Even the crossing guards were bored. Why put a cop directing traffic on every corner?