No 9/11 Memorial

Guest Guest

What ever happend to the 9/11 prayer service that use to be held at St. Stephen's. They have that wonderful memorial with actual pieces of the tower and a garden with names of people from town who died. What a shame.

Guest Lincoln Logger
What ever happend to the 9/11 prayer service that use to be held at St. Stephen's. They have that wonderful memorial with actual pieces of the tower and a garden with names of people from town who died. What a shame.

It hasn’t been that long where people should not remember that day. I think it was because the grammar school now has changed completely (and not for the better from what I hear) and that church is just crumbling. It was different when Monsignor Desmond was there. I will be stopping by that cross later tonight to pay my respects and going to Schuyler Ave in North Arlington to see the lights. There are those of us who will not forget.

It hasn’t been that long where people should not remember that day. I think it was because the grammar school now has changed completely (and not for the better from what I hear) and that church is just crumbling. It was different when Monsignor Desmond was there. I will be stopping by that cross later tonight to pay my respects and going to Schuyler Ave in North Arlington to see the lights. There are those of us who will not forget.

The school was run into the ground a several years ago and Desmond was a disaster.

Guest St Stephen Parent
The school was run into the ground a several years ago and Desmond was a disaster.

I am so sorry My children more than one has gone to St Stephens. I do not believe for one minute it was Msgr. Desmond that made the mess. The whole turn around happened when some of the older teachers from the 3rd floor left. This is when the school crumbled. Very educated and special women they were. They were there for the children NOT the money. Replacements came in to take the position and could no way match what these two ladies did in all the years I have been associated them. They were the very best. It was a total shame that the school lost there foundation when this all occured.

I also feel the way the new take over happened was a disgrace. The principal there was dedicated to her job and did alot for the school, and she got pushed aside with no notice. Terrible Terrible.

All I can say now is Good Luck. I am very thankful for the years I have spent in St. Stephens with the wonderful older staff that was there. I am glad my child was ready to almost graduate when the turn around happened. She was not happy her last 2 years thanks to the new staff. But she held on to graduate with her classmates.

Also It was a shame that the 9/11 service was not done, we had a very nice service every year for our loved ones who lost family-friends that day. Also there is or was (not sure if she is still working in the school) A staff member that lost her loved one on this horrible day. To her my heart thinks of her every day, and I send her my love and prayers to keep doing the best you can. You are a wonderful lady. I think the church needs to open up once again and become a family as it once was. Please do not make it a business. That is not what we were taught nor our children.

I am so sorry My children more than one has gone to St Stephens. I do not believe for one minute it was Msgr. Desmond that made the mess. The whole turn around happened when some of the older teachers from the 3rd floor left. This is when the school crumbled. Very educated and special women they were. They were there for the children NOT the money. Replacements came in to take the position and could no way match what these two ladies did in all the years I have been associated them. They were the very best. It was a total shame that the school lost there foundation when this all occured.

I also feel the way the new take over happened was a disgrace. The principal there was dedicated to her job and did alot for the school, and she got pushed aside with no notice. Terrible Terrible.

All I can say now is Good Luck. I am very thankful for the years I have spent in St. Stephens with the wonderful older staff that was there. I am glad my child was ready to almost graduate when the turn around happened. She was not happy her last 2 years thanks to the new staff. But she held on to graduate with her classmates.

Also It was a shame that the 9/11 service was not done, we had a very nice service every year for our loved ones who lost family-friends that day. Also there is or was (not sure if she is still working in the school) A staff member that lost her loved one on this horrible day. To her my heart thinks of her every day, and I send her my love and prayers to keep doing the best you can. You are a wonderful lady. I think the church needs to open up once again and become a family as it once was. Please do not make it a business. That is not what we were taught nor our children.

Another answer from space.

I think the church needs to open up once again and become a family as it once was. Please do not make it a business. That is not what we were taught nor our children.

As much as I sympathize with you, the fact is that churches/parishes ARE businesses. The reason that so many of them are folding is because the pastors running them (in large part) have never worked in a corporate setting. They have no idea how to run a business nor do they know how to effectively and properly manage people or processes.

If the seminaries were smart, they would start to teach management and business skills classes so that this downward spiral doesn't continue in the future. But my guess is.....they won't and parishes will continue to fold.

And by the way, I'm a practicing Catholic.