Verizon FIOS in Harrison

bigeastbeast

It's easier getting Obama's birth certificate than it is to get information about Verizon's intention concerning their FIOS availability in Harrison.I called them several times and flat out accused them of redlining the town after seeing the inordinate number of Direct Tv dishes and illegal aliens who prefer Direct Tv''s cheap Spanish language only service.

Has anyone heard anything recently?

Guest seashell
It's easier getting Obama's birth certificate than it is to get information about Verizon's intention concerning their FIOS availability in Harrison.I called them several times and flat out accused them of redlining the town after seeing the inordinate number of Direct Tv dishes and illegal aliens who prefer Direct Tv''s cheap Spanish language only service.

could you explain the connection between Presedent Obama's birth certicate, Verizon and what the spanish speaking people prefer, maybe we can not affort the cost of the verizon service!!!!!!!!! do me a favor and the next time do not pick on us Spanish people if you have a problem with the spanish speaking people move to the moon O NO THEY HAVE A MEXICAN THAT WENT TO THE MOON IN THE LAST EXPEDITION, COULD IT BE THEY ARE GOING TO TEACH SPANISH UP THARE.

Yes, about 2 weeks ago Verizon had to go into my yard to run wire for Fios. They had to ring my bell and ask permission and that's why I know what they wee doing. They said we should have it in about a month. Now this comes from the wiring guys, so I don't know how much they know about sales. I woul d suppose that either we will get something in the mail or a sales person will come to the door. In my daughter's town a sales person rang her bell. I have been waiting for it also. I am so sick of Comcast.

Yes, about 2 weeks ago Verizon had to go into my yard to run wire for Fios. They had to ring my bell and ask permission and that's why I know what they wee doing. They said we should have it in about a month. Now this comes from the wiring guys, so I don't know how much they know about sales. I woul d suppose that either we will get something in the mail or a sales person will come to the door. In my daughter's town a sales person rang her bell. I have been waiting for it also. I am so sick of Comcast.

Thanks,Matilda.Would you mind telling me the part of town in which you live?I live on John Street,the site of Direct Tv's best free advertisement.

Seashell,I didn't wish to offend anyone.The point I was trying to make was that Verizon may find it uneconomical to wire an area where the potential return is very limited due to the prevailing demographics.At the same time,the existence of these people is costing me dearly.Verizon's recent offer would save me over $1500 over the next two years.

Thanks,Matilda.Would you mind telling me the part of town in which you live?I live on John Street,the site of Direct Tv's best free advertisement.

Seashell,I didn't wish to offend anyone.The point I was trying to make was that Verizon may find it uneconomical to wire an area where the potential return is very limited due to the prevailing demographics.At the same time,the existence of these people is costing me dearly.Verizon's recent offer would save me over $1500 over the next two years.

Hamilton St. near Kingsland Ave.

Guest seashell

I just like to make waves, I agree with you, lets get serious, it is costing you all that with the TV servoce, think what it is costing you with the health care and lets meke it clear that we do not want to pay for any of this, if you go to another contry and you get sick you have to pay for it, and you have to pay for the kids education too, BUT WE WORK TO MAKE ALL THAT FREE FOR ALL THE ELEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!!!! ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downwithfedres, what the F**K kind of cable package do you have that you can save $1,500 dollars by switching to Verizon?

Downwithfedres, what the F**K kind of cable package do you have that you can save $1,500 dollars by switching to Verizon?

[/

That would be the saving under Verizon's Triple Play of phone,internet,and Tv.Of course,it would probably be the same after the two year period,but at least I would have phone service when the internet goes out or when there is a power failure,which happen quite frequently in this neighborhood.

Currently,Comcast and Vonage are running over $160 a month.I can't wait until Comcast starts begging me not to drop them.

Once again,thanks Matilda.

[/

That would be the saving under Verizon's Triple Play of phone,internet,and Tv.Of course,it would probably be the same after the two year period,but at least I would have phone service when the internet goes out or when there is a power failure,which happen quite frequently in this neighborhood.

Currently,Comcast and Vonage are running over $160 a month.I can't wait until Comcast starts begging me not to drop them.

Me too! I can't waite to change to Fios. I am sick of comcast. I have had the same problem with my digital since I had it installd, bought a new tv and they can't find wha is wrong. You can be watching something and all of a sudden the picture breaks up and the sound cuts on and off. It is so anoying! So now that they have tried everything they gave us a supervisor's celll number so when it happens he can come over to see if he can do something. Well the pr**k never answeres the phone. I can't tell you how long this is going on. I am paying $172 for this! I don't like thoes dishes all over the outside of the house so I am waiting for Fios also.

[/

Me too! I can't waite to change to Fios. I am sick of comcast. I have had the same problem with my digital since I had it installd, bought a new tv and they can't find wha is wrong. You can be watching something and all of a sudden the picture breaks up and the sound cuts on and off. It is so anoying! So now that they have tried everything they gave us a supervisor's celll number so when it happens he can come over to see if he can do something. Well the pr**k never answeres the phone. I can't tell you how long this is going on. I am paying $172 for this! I don't like thoes dishes all over the outside of the house so I am waiting for Fios also.

[/quote

This is the last straw.I'm back online again after being down for another 24 hours plus because their modem-put in last year-has gone awry.They told me that service would be intermittent until the box can replaced on Sunday.

Christains pray for Jesus to come.Right now,I'll settle for Verizon.