School Ban On Hooded Swatshirts ?

Guest sunny

You people are complaining about buying a 10 dollar shirt. If there were no uniforms you would be paying that anyway for regular clothes. I think you people who are quoting the constitution actually need to really read it, instead of assuming it affords you all these rights. Going to public school for free is a right, choosing what it deemed appropriate to wear is not your RIGHT under the constitution. It falls under the same category as every other clothing argument. You can't go to school in a bikini for obvious reasons. However if it was a RIGHT in the constitution like you people are crying about , you would be able too. I really wish people would do some educated research before posting things. It makes me think the posters should be attending school again with their children.

Look,they need more than one shirt each, then pants okay it'expensive, but with finances on the rocks the school make some exceptions, I mean my grandchilden have unforms, but never in life was I told that I could'nt wear a zip up sweatshirt with a hood, my grands don't ear them in school only to & from and they still said no, I will get the paper from my daughter this weekend and post it for you to read

Look,they need more than one shirt each, then pants okay it'expensive, but with finances on the rocks the school make some exceptions, I mean my grandchilden have unforms, but never in life was I told that I could'nt wear a zip up sweatshirt with a hood, my grands don't ear them in school only to & from and they still said no, I will get the paper from my daughter this weekend and post it for you to read

I can't wait to see this.

Please read the attached (downloaded from kearnyschools.com) dress code as it was sent out. It is very clear that hooded sweatshirts are not allowed to be worn IN school - there is no mention of banned outer wear.

5132_Student_Dress_Code_REVISED_2009.pdf

We're still waiting for you to post the letter from the school.

tick tock, tick tock.....still waiting......

Forget it. The paper telling her that her kids can't wear hoodies outside of schools doesn't exist.

Now you know why administrators and teachers get paid well. They have to put up with nitwits.